5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I won't.  This is far bigger than H1N1 and I have my RN wife to help.  Yesterday on my way home i started to feel strange...headachey.  My first thought was of you folks in here who would absolutely love it if I was to be infected.  You'll have to postpone your celebrations....

Dude, even with how much people butt heads in here I don't think anyone would be wishing this shit on you or anyone else. Hell you're not even the biggest arsehole in SC.... ;)

Hope it's either nothing or at least wishing you a speedy recovery.

Edited by mistercwood

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

I won't.  This is far bigger than H1N1 and I have my RN wife to help.  Yesterday on my way home i started to feel strange...headachey.  My first thought was of you folks in here who would absolutely love it if I was to be infected.  You'll have to postpone your celebrations....

Do you really believe that? I won't deny that there are a few folks on here that I would not feel at all bad if something happened to them.

But you aren't one of them. I disagree with you on both 'general principles' and specific issues on a variety of things (not everything). But in general, you are intellectually honest enough that I can at least mostly respect you.

You claimed earlier that many on here wanted Trump to fail at handling this crisis. 
That's also not true, at least for me.

I'd like to see him behave in a rational, adult, intelligent manner, using the best scientific information to help guide the nation through this. 
But, given the fact that he has NEVER acted in those ways, either before or during his time in office, I didn't have much hope. And, unfortunately, I was right.

There was something posted recently (last couple of months?) that noted Evangelicals expected to be persecuted by those who disagreed with them. Mainly because they would persecute those who they disagreed with. Sort of "expect others to do unto you as you would do unto them".

• Like 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

It was simply about the irony of me saying this was blown out of proportion and then contracting the virus.  I know you all love me.

Without people to disagree with this would be a boring place. It's already down to too few regular posters, we need you and everyone else as well. I have friends in the real world who also disagree with me over things. But we just agree not to talk about them. I assume that in normal regular everyday life you are another skydiver who is awesome to be around. This is about the only place I can have discourse with people about some of these things. I've tried on FB, but it just turns into a shitshow of shouting because there are no rules. This place has just about the right level of moderation to keep things civil, yet openly talk about strong differences of opinion.

Many, perhaps most of us are going to get this thing. Most of us will be fine health wise. All of us are going to have our lives changed to some degree for at least half a year. Maybe longer. I sure hope this site is well maintained so I can have someone to bitch at.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 3

On Friday my wife the MD wrote:
"In my job I review records of hospitalized patients. Almost all of the reviews I have done today are for people with cough and fever and no specific diagnosis. Corona virus is not mentioned but I think its already worse than we know."

When asked if they were tested, she replied that no tests were available yet.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:39 AM, jakee said:

Well then, by the same logic a doctor or hospital that needs to spend their own profits stockpiling beds, equipment and drugs that will only be needed once in a blue moon isn't going to do so. Human nature and all. 

That isn't the same logic at all.

The same logic would be more like a drive thru clinic.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

That isn't the same logic at all.

It is exactly the same logic. If doctors are governed by the profit motive they won’t make costly preparations for extremely rare events like this.

58 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Fixed it for you.

58 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump to Americans on Ventilators: ‘Try Getting It Yourselves’

Meanwhile, Boris Johnson is asking Rolls Royce and other automakers to switch over to producing ventilators. I kid you not. Ventilator makers and auto makers are both calling the request "unrealistic".