5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

2 hours ago, yoink said:

It was a pretty inappropriate comment IMO, particularly followed up by a mod, given that the 2nd rule of posting on this site is 

1. No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None.

There were other ways Joe could have made the same point.

Again, wasn't intended to be a joke. 

However, your point about references to pedophilia is a valid one, and I apologize for using that vehicle for the analogy.

(edited)
6 hours ago, BIGUN said:

No surprise. 

You had a choice to address the points I made or just get personal straight away. No surprise which way you went.

You used to be reasonable, dude. What happened to you?

Edited by jakee

Devin Nunes encourages people to go to public bars:

"One of the things you can do, if you're healthy you and your family, it's a great time to just go out, go to a local restaurant. Likely you can get in easily. There's, you know, let's not hurt the working people in this country that are relying on wages and tips to keep their small business going. Go to your local pub."

Why should just one family get Coronavirus, when you can spread the love?

47 minutes ago, billvon said:

"One of the things you can do, if you're healthy you and your family, it's a great time to just go out, go to a local restaurant. Likely you can get in easily. There's, you know, let's not hurt the working people in this country that are relying on wages and tips to keep their small business going. Go to your local pub."

It seems as if God wanted trump to lead for a bit longer. Well ...what passes for republican leadership. It seems as if republicans don't fear the danger left wing media want to peddle. So the older white men will drink, party and be merry for a bit longer. Slap each other on the backs for the pyrrhic victory trumpism hath brought. Consequences be damned

My school just got shut down and it will last about 1-2 months. I heard European DZs are closing...I asked Perris today and they said they have been cleaning the planes after each landing and hand sanitizers are provided at anytime. Just wondering are you guys still jumping? I'm scheduled to jump next week if the weather will be better. 

33 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

It seems as if God wanted trump to lead for a bit longer. Well ...what passes for republican leadership. It seems as if republicans don't fear the danger left wing media want to peddle. So the older white men will drink, party and be merry for a bit longer. Slap each other on the backs for the pyrrhic victory trumpism hath brought. Consequences be damned

If you really want to point fingers how about we start a bit further East.

Growing numbers of people are questioning the government’s decisions as China enters a period of virtual shutdown. As the virus spread, officials in Wuhan and around the country withheld critical information, played down the threat and rebuked doctors who tried to raise the alarm. A reconstruction of the diseases’s spread by The New York Times showed that by not issuing earlier warnings, the Chinese government potentially lost the window to keep the disease from becoming an epidemic.

22 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I remember this was basically the Republican party motto during the Bush years as well - "Hey, at least we're not China!"

Way to aim high, guys.

22 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Yup, you can blame foreigners. God knows Trump and his media are. But although China was the source only your government controls your response. No other country is responsible for your actions.

Here many restaurants are still open, but they’ve taken out half of the tables, and some are limiting customers to reservations only. There’s a move afoot locally encouraging people to buy gift certificates from local businesses, as sort of a promise to come back ASAP. 

Our favorite French restaurant is even making sure they have more to-go friendly options (they don’t usually). We plan to patronize them, both in person and for takeout. They are also texting or calling folks when their table is ready, so there’s no congregating around the entry. My sisters-in-law (retired infection control nurse and CDC doctor/member of the board of health) ate out a couple of nights ago; we figure anything they can do, we can do better...

Wendy P. 

2 hours ago, billvon said:

The Governor of Oklahoma posted a tweet from a crowded restaurant.

It is now deleted, but only after a lot of flack.

Go figure that he's a Trumpette.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/governor-of-oklahoma-posts-idiotic-coronavirus-tweet-deletes-it/26387/

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

In Ohio the Governor just ordered all bars and restaurants closed.  You can still order carry out or have the GrubHub guy, who's been to everyone's house come to yours.

Gov. DeWine shuts down all bars and restaurants, issues unemployment assistance

Yup. California governor just did the same for all bars, pubs and wineries.

Big restrictions on restaurants.

You want to tell me again how you’ve seen all this before?

12 minutes ago, yoink said:

Yup. California governor just did the same for all bars, pubs and wineries.

Big restrictions on restaurants.

You want to tell me again how you’ve seen all this before?

I won't.  This is far bigger than H1N1 and I have my RN wife to help.  Yesterday on my way home i started to feel strange...headachey.  My first thought was of you folks in here who would absolutely love it if I was to be infected.  You'll have to postpone your celebrations....

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Wasn't intended to be funny; was intended to be an analogy.  If you saw that exchange and thought "that's ridiculous" - that was the whole idea.

Jeez o' Pete, everyone still have their fingers and toes? Bill, that was exactly the thought I wanted, sorry to suck you in. And to all the AV nerds and Hall monitors that caught my lapse, thank you kindly.

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I won't.  This is far bigger than H1N1 and I have my RN wife to help.  Yesterday on my way home i started to feel strange...headachey.  My first thought was of you folks in here who would absolutely love it if I was to be infected.  You'll have to postpone your celebrations....

Jesus Christ you are bad at judging people.

trump supporters can ignore this story, all fake news anyway.

Doctors and nurses fighting coronavirus in China die of both infection and fatigue

'Chinese health authorities and a team from the World Health Organization reported Monday evening that 3,387 health workers in China had been infected with COVID-19, more than 90% of whom were in Hubei province ... The most recent were three doctors who died in one day, all infected with COVID-19. One of them, Xia Sisi, a gastroenterologist in Wuhan, was 29. Another physician, Peng Yinhua, also 29, died in Wuhan of infection on Feb. 20. He had delayed his Feb. 1 wedding, promising his pregnant fiancee they’d have the ceremony after the outbreak had passed. .. The death of Wuhan front-line nurse Liu Fan, 49, is a diary of how cruel and ravenous the virus is.

.. Wang Tucheng, 37, a doctor in Henan’s Xinwangzhuang village who was found dead on Feb. 10 in his clinic ..

"The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9 million people being hospitalised, a secret Public Health England (PHE) briefing for senior NHS officials reveals.

The document, seen by the Guardian, is the first time health chiefs tackling the virus have admitted that they expect it to circulate for another 12 months and lead to huge extra strain on an already overstretched NHS.

It also suggests that health chiefs are braced for as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the coronavirus over that time."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/uk-coronavirus-crisis-to-last-until-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

Obviously, this is worst case stuff, but big numbers. That's 12% of the population needing hospitalization.

(edited)

Queues around the block at my father-in-laws gun shop yesterday. He's NEVER seen that. Even at the height of Obama's gun restrictions drive where they were raffling off ammo on facebook due to limitations.

Edited by yoink

(edited)
21 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I asked Ed Scott if USPA had an opinion. His Sergeant Schultz response: 

A bit insulting to Sergeant Schultz don't ya think? At least Schultz admitted he knew nothing.

Edited by SStewart
spelling

(edited)
1 hour ago, SStewart said:

Excellent point. I do think it's time for our masters to advise DZO's that hell might actually hit and USPA's best advice is to prepare. For DZ's that are not established, or have family money as a backstop, this could be an end game event. We strap our high value customers to our even more high value instructors. We pack ourselves into aircraft like sardines.

Schools are closing. Gatherings are being outlawed. Anyone who believes skydiving is immune is an idiot. 

As they shouted down to the galley slaves: stand by for the ram.

Edited by JoeWeber