5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

or

Pandemic preppers arm up, 'person with the most ammo wins'

The NRA has this to say "at Widener’s, although the company provided eye-opening figures readers in some regions should note. Orders from Michigan are up by 566 percent. Other states with enthusiasts buying at higher-than-normal rates include Connecticut (up 390 percent), Florida at (+383), Kentucky at (+304), and New Jersey (+241). 

“We are seeing an increase in sales across the board. It’s not product-specific, it’s industry-specific,” Long said. He also provided a breakdown of the cartridges most in demand. Sales of .223 Rem. and 5.56 NATO are up 2,036 percent, .45 ACP has risen 195 percent and the 9 mm increase came in at 110 percent.

I hear 5.56 is absolutely the best ammo to use against the virus.

(edited)

Dr Trump on coronavirus, assisted by Drs. Dunning and Kruger.

"‘Maybe I have a natural ability’: Trump plays medical expert on coronavirus by second-guessing the professionals"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maybe-i-have-a-natural-ability-trump-plays-medical-expert-on-coronavirus-by-second-guessing-the-professionals/2020/03/06/3ee0574c-5ffb-11ea-9055-5fa12981bbbf_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_first_reads&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

Edited by kallend

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Uh, oh! :$

An attendee of CPAC tested positive for Democratic Hoax!

Good time for an overview of how our government is dealing with this.

Trump, who has described himself as a "stable genius" with a "very, very large brain" spoke about coronavirus, stating "I really get it.  People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors say, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should’ve done that instead of running for president.”  So that's good.

Today he learned something that apparently even doctors don't know, that people can die from the flu.  After hearing this, he stated "I would’ve said, ‘Does anybody die from the flu? I didn’t know people died from the flu.’  . .  You had a couple of years where it was over a 100,000 people died from the flu."  

(Of course, his grandfather died of the flu, but that's an awful lot to expect him to remember.)

So that's who is trying to take credit for managing the response - a guy who didn't know you could die from the flu.  But he understands it so much that doctors are impressed.

Meanwhile, his family is supporting him 100%.  Donald Trump Jr is heading up the critical "blame the democrats for the Coronavirus hoax" effort, while Melania is managing the potentially deadly lack of tennis pavilions near the White House.  We're in good hands.

14 minutes ago, billvon said:

Meanwhile, his family is supporting him 100%.  Donald Trump Jr is heading up the critical "blame the democrats for the Coronavirus hoax" effort, while Melania is managing the potentially deadly lack of tennis pavilions near the White House.  We're in good hands.

Speaking of Melania, I received this letter from her today. ^_^

melania.jpg

On 3/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, billvon said:

After hearing this, he stated "I would’ve said, ‘Does anybody die from the flu? I didn’t know people died from the flu.’  . .  You had a couple of years where it was over a 100,000 people died from the flu."  

Until this event, I really didn't know how many people that weren't aware of this either. I'm not defending Trump on this - I've just been a little flabbergasted at how many think it's a 3-7 day sick and didn't know the number of deaths.  You would think that with as many people that are on the internet - they would have learned something. 

Had a conversation the other day - they said, "You can't just use soap & water; the news says you have to use hand sanitizer." Me: What do you think we used before someone thought that hand sanitizer was a good idea?  

All of this buying frenzy would stop if the media was as forthright about the effectiveness of soap & water vs. hand sanitizers. What astounds me is the run on toilet paper (no pun intended). Shopping the other day - "Excuse me, why did you buy two grocery carts of bottled water?"  We might run out!! Do you not have a water faucet at home?  Answer; "The coronavirus lives in the water."

If there really is an apocalyptic event . . .  

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

All of this buying frenzy would stop if the media was as forthright about the effectiveness of soap & water vs. hand sanitizers.

All the media I have heard talks about washing hands and the importance of washing hands. I have not heard a single media source say anything about using hand sanitizer.

So easy to blame the media for everything. If people are stupid, it isn't the media's fault.

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Until this event, I really didn't know how many people that weren't aware of this either. I'm not defending Trump on this - I've just been a little flabbergasted at how many think it's a 3-7 day sick and didn't know the number of deaths.  You would think that with as many people that are on the internet - they would have learned something. 

Had a conversation the other day - they said, "You can't just use soap & water; the news says you have to use hand sanitizer." Me: What do you think we used before someone thought that hand sanitizer was a good idea?  

All of this buying frenzy would stop if the media was as forthright about the effectiveness of soap & water vs. hand sanitizers. What astounds me is the run on toilet paper (no pun intended). Shopping the other day - "Excuse me, why did you buy two grocery carts of bottled water?"  We might run out!! Do you not have a water faucet at home?  Answer; "The coronavirus lives in the water."

If there really is an apocalyptic event . . .  

Maybe you should follow a better quality news medium.

None that I read has suggested stocking up on TP, sanitizer, etc.  

(edited)

Apparently, it is only a short step from selling religion to selling snake oil.

FDA warns televangelist Jim Bakker and six others to stop selling fraudulent coronavirus products

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/09/fda-and-ftc-warn-televangelist-jim-bakker-and-six-others-to-stop-selling-fraudulent-coronavirus-products.html

Edited by ryoder

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

selling religion to selling snake oil.

"The products include teas, essential oils, tinctures and colloidal silver, which have been cited as not safe or effective for treating any disease, the agency said in a statement with the Federal Trade Commission."

This reminds me of an old snake oil recipe that was called some kind of "Vinegar" back in the 1800's. I forget the name of it, but the ingredients were about the same.