1 1
billvon

Mulvaney explains basic GOP governance

11 minutes ago, normiss said:

That start taking it seriously. It's right in front of your face. Ignoring it, accepting it, tolerating it?

Treason.

I hope it pisses you off. We have to act or or country dies.  It IS that serious.

It's complete ignorance to see anything else.

Jebus Howard Christ.

I take that as serious as when the alarmists say the planet is dying.

This too will be weathered.  There will be changes.  It won't be the same.

Hopefully we will have learned the lessons available.

There is nothing anyone can do about it by getting all pissed off and raving about it, though.  That will not bring about immediate relief from your fears.

Again, using the analogy:  Like with Climate change - it seems stupid to a lot of people that the Australians are going with an increase of coal plants.  That seems counterproductive, yet they are.  China is ramping thier coal consumption way up.   

If we don't act, the planet dies!

This alarmist way of behaving and communicating is partially what got us here in the first place.

What we should be doing is trying to find a better way to get someone electable, instead of putting the "Self" first as all the current Democratic candidates are doing.

I’m with Turtle on whether Trump will end up purging congress and taking over the government etc. our continuity is too strong. 

Where we part ways is our tolerance of the attempts. Every time the bar for behavior is lowered by someone, everyone else has a new “lowest.” 

Wendy P. 

Just now, wmw999 said:

I’m with Turtle on whether Trump will end up purging congress and taking over the government etc. our continuity is too strong. 

Where we part ways is our tolerance of the attempts. Every time the bar for behavior is lowered by someone, everyone else has a new “lowest.” 

Wendy P. 

Normalized deviance?

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

It implies that the time-line that was given as a comparison is not equal.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt at the moment, and hope for the best.

Even though it's currently going strongly in the other direction with little sign of any effort to the contrary.

I wonder if you can admit that it is purely down to your bias that you're giving the benefit of the doubt on this one.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Even though it's currently going strongly in the other direction with little sign of any effort to the contrary.

I wonder if you can admit that it is purely down to your bias that you're giving the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I wonder if you can admit that it is yours that you are not?

11 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Firing the DNI for telling the truth is way beyond my tolerance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/william-mcraven-if-good-men-like-joe-maguire-cant-speak-the-truth-we-should-be-deeply-afraid/2020/02/21/2068874c-5503-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_first_reads&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I wonder if you can admit that it is yours that you are not?

That makes no sense. There’s no reason other than bias to assume that Trump has any legitimate interest in reducing the deficit, let alone debt. Since taking office he’s spent like a drunken sailor, cut taxes, and publicly stated that he doesn’t care about debt because by the time it matters it’ll be someone else’s problem. All of those are reasons not to give the benefit of the doubt that have nothing to do with bias.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:27 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Our high school senior class president ( class of '58; and he is a good friend of mine ) just this week changed his registration from R to D.  He has been an R for 56 yrs.

Jerry Baumchen

Nobody's perfect

On 2/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, normiss said:

That start taking it seriously. It's right in front of your face. Ignoring it, accepting it, tolerating it?

Treason.

I hope it pisses you off. We have to act or or country dies.  It IS that serious.

It's complete ignorance to see anything else.

Jebus Howard Christ.

The whole Russian interference  thing, along with the reaction of the Mango Mussolini - anger at the fact the Ds on the House committee were told, firing the DNI and replacing him with a Toady, all of that should scare the living fuck out of any intelligent citizen. 

...retired Admiral William H. McRaven, the commander who oversaw the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden, broke the military’s reluctance to comment on politics with an op-ed in the Washington Post. Discussing the firing of Maguire, he concluded: “As Americans, we should be frightened — deeply afraid for the future of the nation. When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil.”

Edited by wolfriverjoe

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Has anyone answered how the Sanders campaign should get away with hiding that they knew of russian interference in their own efforts?

Where is the Investigation, and report?

?? At this point, we have learned that Russian interference is a big nothingburger.  It doesn't exist.  And if it does, it's totally fine.  Haven't you been watching the news?

4 hours ago, billvon said:

?? At this point, we have learned that Russian interference is a big nothingburger.  It doesn't exist.  And if it does, it's totally fine.  Haven't you been watching the news?

Yes.  I have.  (What I can get On Line - No TV)

But watching and agreeing with the outcome are seperate issues.

Edited by turtlespeed
clarified