1 1
billvon

Mulvaney explains basic GOP governance

Mick Mulvaney, Trump's right hand man, explained how the GOP approaches issues like deficits."My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House.  The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we're a lot less interested as a party."

Perfect summation of their approach to governance.  It's all about who they can blame.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Mick Mulvaney, Trump's right hand man, explained how the GOP approaches issues like deficits."My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House.  The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we're a lot less interested as a party."

Perfect summation of their approach to governance.  It's all about who they can blame.

Didn't Obama swear that he would reduce the deficit?

Perhaps Trump found out it wasn't as easy as Obama thought?

34 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Obama pledged In 2009 that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term, still not fully understanding the depth of the recession that started in 2008. he did not fulfil that pledge in that timeframe, though he did prior to the end of his second term.

Trump is claiming he is presiding over the best economy ever, best job creation ever and that the US is in the best shape ever. Trump has been growing the deficit ever since he took office, in what everybody deems to be a strong economy.

Nuance and facts matter.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

Obama pledged In 2009 that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term, still not fully understanding the depth of the recession that started in 2008. he did not fulfil that pledge in that timeframe, though he did prior to the end of his second term.

Trump is claiming he is presiding over the best economy ever, best job creation ever and that the US is in the best shape ever. Trump has been growing the deficit ever since he took office, in what everybody deems to be a strong economy.

Nuance and facts matter.

Pay attention to the federal investment in the stock market to assist in padding numbers too.

Just now, normiss said:

Pay attention to the federal investment in the stock market to assist in padding numbers too.

Not so much federal investment as the consequence of corporate tax cut. That cut has not lead to capital investment at all. Actually capital investment is lagging in the US. What it has done, is companies buying back their stock. Why you ask, well CEO compensation is generally tied to stock performance. Stock buy-backs generally drive up a stock price. Hence, extra cash is put into stock buy-back programs and not capital investment.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Deficit 2008: $1.3T

Deficit 2015: $0.5T

You were saying?

Or he was lying through his teeth and gullible supporters bought his lies?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump, of course, said that he would eliminate the DEBT in 8 years (March 31, 2016).  That's DEBT, not deficit. 

A promise that doesn't look very promising.

Edited by kallend

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Trump, of course, said that he would eliminate the DEBT in 8 years (March 31, 2016).  That's DEBT, not deficit. 

A promise that doesn't look very promising.

You are clearly not a stable genius. You increase the debt to a level that you are unable to repay and at that point you declare the USA bankrupt and the debt is instantly gone! Of course nobody will want to deal with the USA at that point so you rebrand as Trumpland

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Deficit 2008: $1.3T

Deficit 2015: $0.5T

You were saying?

Or he was lying through his teeth and gullible supporters bought his lies?

It seems to me that there is a 7 year span in there - 

Looks like Trump has some time left to complete the task, no?

14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump promised DEBT.  Assuming re-election, he has less than 5 years to pay back $23.3 TRILLION, yet right now he's increasing it by over $1 TRILLION each year.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

That borders on an "Absolute", John.

Are you sure you want to use an absolute in this case?

The man is a proven LIAR and FRAUD.  Over and over and over again.

How would you describe those who believe him?

If he said "it's raining" I'd look out the window to check.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes he does!  Let's see how he's doing:

2016: .5T

2019: 1T

So he has plenty of time left to get the deficit above $2 trillion - but he's heading in the right direction for that.

21 minutes ago, normiss said:

Here is a very accurate insight to what the Republican party has become.

This is exactly why I, for the first time in my life, am no longer a registered republican.

Plus the religious insanity that has been sprinkled in.

We can agree where religion doesn't have any place in politics.

1 minute ago, normiss said:

Nor should treason, ignoring the constitution, or interference with laws and the justice department. For starters.

Jesus Fuck doode.

Lighten up - you are going to give yourself a stroke.

Not everyone is going to agree with you, nor can you make them by beating the dead horse with the same old mantra.

Its killing me.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

This is exactly why I, for the first time in my life, am no longer a registered republican.

Hi Mark,

Our high school senior class president ( class of '58; and he is a good friend of mine ) just this week changed his registration from R to D.  He has been an R for 56 yrs.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Jesus Fuck doode.

Lighten up - you are going to give yourself a stroke.

Not everyone is going to agree with you, nor can you make them by beating the dead horse with the same old mantra.

Its killing me.

That start taking it seriously. It's right in front of your face. Ignoring it, accepting it, tolerating it?

Treason.

I hope it pisses you off. We have to act or or country dies.  It IS that serious.

It's complete ignorance to see anything else.

Jebus Howard Christ.