1 1
airdvr

Ohio Secretary of State urges Kent State to cancel Jane Fonda May 4 speech

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

On the 50th anniversary I think it's a poor choice.  On top of that paying her $83,000 is wrong.

TBH if there's one day a year to not make a decision based on how veterans feel I'd have thought it would be that one.

8 hours ago, airdvr said:

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/02/ohio-secretary-of-state-urges-kent-state-to-cancel-jane-fonda-may-4-speech.html

On the 50th anniversary I think it's a poor choice.  On top of that paying her $83,000 is wrong.

Many of us still consider her to be a traitor and should not be given any positive accolades at all. For me, it is a wise decision on the part of Kent State.

I refuse to watch any of her movies on Amazon or Netflix because she would still receive residual pay.

I and my friends still use the Jane Fonda Urinal Target.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Many of us still consider her to be a traitor and should not be given any positive accolades at all. For me, it is a wise decision on the part of Kent State.

I refuse to watch any of her movies on Amazon or Netflix because she would still receive residual pay.

I and my friends still use the Jane Fonda Urinal Target.

Is it possible to get more childish than this?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, airdvr said:

OK....tell me Jane Fonda's connection with May 4, 1970.

She was a vocal opponent of the Vietnam War and often protested it in the 1970's.

On May 4, 1970, four other opponents of the Vietnam War were murdered at Kent State while they protested.

Pretty simple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billvon said:

She was a vocal opponent of the Vietnam War and often protested it in the 1970's.

On May 4, 1970, four other opponents of the Vietnam War were murdered at Kent State while they protested.

Pretty simple.

She was a vocal opponent who lent aid and comfort to the enemy.  Keep trying to pick up that turd from the clean end.

It is nice however to see the conservatives aren't acting like the left did when they didn't like the chosen speaker.

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

She was a vocal opponent who lent aid and comfort to the enemy.  Keep trying to pick up that turd from the clean end.

It is nice however to see the conservatives aren't acting like the left did when they didn't like the chosen speaker.

These are the same people that we are supposed to believe are morally superior.

3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

It's funny to hear a Trump supporter complaining about someone working with our enemies.

Yeah, the right wing tends more towards simple murder.

52 minutes ago, billvon said:

It's funny to hear a Trump supporter complaining about someone working with our enemies.

Yeah, the right wing tends more towards simple murder.

That's a really big brush you're painting with.

Doesn't require as much clean up <sarcastic font>

Jane Fonda has an inherently negative connotation via her label as Hanoi Jane and it's very difficult to have her at an event recognizing events from that era without evoking that context.  There are many speakers who's history would not overshadow what they're trying to do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

OK....tell me Jane Fonda's connection with May 4, 1970.

Besides the obvious, she was a tireless hard working figure in the opposition to the huge immoral error that was the American involvement in Vietnam, she still is an active protester who still regularly puts herself out there to be arrested. Many people find her to be an inspiration. Many people find her to be someone to hate. She fits in very well to the Kent State massacre vibe. Which is still an event that divides and stirs emotions.