1 1
ryoder

Trump expected to commute sentencing of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich

41 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

It is believed that Blago has information concerning corruption relating to his time period. Think game strategy.

Did you mean Game theory?

If not, what game?  Checkers strategy is a LOT different than Chess Strategy, as well as Hop Scotch strategy is very different than the strategy you would use to play curling.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

What does it gain Trump to commute his sentence?

They appeared together on the Apprentice (Trump's favourite thing) and we know that anyone who Trump has met personally and not yet fallen out with is automatically the best person in the world. See examples including doctors, pilots, family members and multiple dictators.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

They appeared together on the Apprentice (Trump's favourite thing) and we know that anyone who Trump has met personally and not yet fallen out with is automatically the best person in the world. See examples including doctors, pilots, family members and multiple dictators.

That didn't answer the question.

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That didn't answer the question.

Trump does favours for friends. It's hardly a secret. He tried to make his personal pilot the chief of the FAA. What would that utterly insane move have gained him? He tried to make his personal doctor head of the VA. What would that ridiculous move have gained him? He made Jared Kushner Czar Of Everything, what did that gain him?

49 minutes ago, jakee said:

Trump does favours for friends. It's hardly a secret. He tried to make his personal pilot the chief of the FAA. What would that utterly insane move have gained him? He tried to make his personal doctor head of the VA. What would that ridiculous move have gained him? He made Jared Kushner Czar Of Everything, what did that gain him?

Trump said he didn't know Blago. :D:D:D He is also the person that fired Blago on his stupid "reality" show.

I think he did it trying to continue his investment in showing distrust (meaning dislike to those in reality) of the FBI. He's trying to prove the FBI is corrupt.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

It could be seen as a "fuck you" to the justice system, so Trump gains (in his eyes.)

I can see that.

I think it was Al Jazeera that was saying something about how he might be sympathetic to the way that he was treated by the FBI.  He, in turn, is being sympathetic to those that he feels may have been wronged by them.  

I also can see where it is a slight against the work they did getting these guys.

Anti quid-pro-quo.  Tit for Tat.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, ryoder said:

Watching Anderson Cooper shred Blagojevich's bullshit for 11 minutes is just awesome!

Wow, a comparison of himself to Nelson Mandela and then insinuating that his incarceration was a product of the racist legal system (which he perpetuated while in office).  We've finally seen what AC looks like when his blood boils.

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That was already made obvious through a trial. The question was why he would have been pardoned. I have very little doubt that is solely based on who Trump likes.

Again - no.

It was probably a slight against those that investigated him.

All the work they did was just made bunk.

It's a big FU to the people involved that made the case.

It was all put under the guise of "I got Ram Rodded, So I'm going to pardon or show clemency to those that were, as well"

Its bullshit - Its just a big FU.

9 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Again - no.

It was probably a slight against those that investigated him.

All the work they did was just made bunk.

It's a big FU to the people involved that made the case.

It was all put under the guise of "I got Ram Rodded, So I'm going to pardon or show clemency to those that were, as well"

Its bullshit - Its just a big FU.

Why that specific case for that specific person?