Firebird Skydiving, Bitburg DE - Tandem Mill?

Looking at the Firebird skydiving website at the former Bitburg Airbase in Westernmost Central Germany, not far from Luxembourg. I'm not seeing any up-jumper information but plenty for tandem and AFF; geschenkgutscheine (gift certifcates) galore, but no lift ticket prices, no DZ info, etc. https://www.firebird-skydiving.de/Preise/

Since it's about 170km (~106 mi) West of my current workplace near Frankfurt, I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to go there or instead look for a place that's closer and more up-jumper friendly than Firebird in Bitburg appears to be. There are about 5 DZs within 100km of here. Thanks in advance. mh

Most people in the Frankfurt area jump at Westerwald / Breitscheid or Pullout / Giessen. Both are pretty well-regarded. I jump a bit farther away (Aero / Kassel, which is more like 200 km compared to 100 km for the other two), but that's because it's where I learned and where my community is.

Recommendations for DZs in the Frankfurt area was an unmentioned part of my query...Thanks!

Sure thing! It's been an interesting process as an American learning to jump in Germany (in fact, hanging around the dropzone regularly was one of the biggest sources of improvement in my converstaional German), and I'm happy to share any small bit of local knowledge I can.

• Like 1

Bitburg is good to go. Great people running the place and they take care of jumpers. Yes, it's more tandem than fun jumpers. But it's a 182 DZ that's upgrading to a Porter this year. It's worth stopping by and seeing for yourself.