1 1
brenthutch

What are we going to talk about now?

30 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump is not a fine example.  He is, in this instance, a red herring, since he has never been on welfare or food stamps; Nor, is he an immigrant in need of funding.

Yet nobody is saying anything about the $130,000,000 of tax dollars since funneled to his properties. Properties who until recently employed illegal immigrants.

At the same time, lots of people very vocal about illegal immigrants. Sounds pretty much the same as the first example given.

Never mind he is married to a former illegal immigrant who has used chain migration to bring the rest of her family here. But I guess chain migration is only bad when brown people come to the US.....

39 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Yet nobody is saying anything about the $130,000,000 of tax dollars since funneled to his properties. Properties who until recently employed illegal immigrants.

At the same time, lots of people very vocal about illegal immigrants. Sounds pretty much the same as the first example given.

Never mind he is married to a former illegal immigrant who has used chain migration to bring the rest of her family here. But I guess chain migration is only bad when brown people come to the US.....

Why are you so angry?

I thought you encouraged immigration - 

Now you don't?

You need to sort out your priorities.

Edited by turtlespeed
She looks kinda brown to me.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump is not a fine example.  

He's a great example.  He rails against illegal immigration while using illegal immigrants to enrich himself.   Similar to a great many Republicans.  "Drains on society, the lot of them!  Rapists!  Criminals!  On the public tit!  Build the wall to keep them out and keep Americans working!  Never . . . wait, what?  No, Consuela just helps out around the house.  And Valentino just does some work out in the garden.  They don't count.  And no one could have known that the workers at my hotel were illegal immigrants.  They seemed so nice."

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

He's a great example.  He rails against illegal immigration while using illegal immigrants to enrich himself.   Similar to a great many Republicans.  "Drains on society, the lot of them!  Rapists!  Criminals!  On the public tit!  Build the wall to keep them out and keep Americans working!  Never . . . wait, what?  No, Consuela just helps out around the house.  And Valentino just does some work out in the garden.  They don't count.  And no one could have known that the workers at my hotel were illegal immigrants.  They seemed so nice."

Not even considering his continual abuse of the tax system.

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

I don't about you, but I'm really curious about what is/is not in his tax returns.  :$

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

Given his business history, I couldn't agree more. He's already been show to have over inflated his business values, after under valuing them to obtain loans. It's no wonder he can't get a loan in the US. So much fraud, so many bankruptcies, so many unpaid people he's screwed over.

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump is not a fine example.  He is, in this instance, a red herring, since he has never been on welfare or food stamps; Nor, is he an immigrant in need of funding.

Depends on your definition of "welfare".  He seems to have spent millions of taxpayer $$$ on his golf outings. 

21 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

He's not preying on the poor any more than Tesla, or Motel 6 is.

Neither Tesla nor Motel 6 has the ability to strip poor people of their limited access to healthcare. He does, and is trying to do just that.

I'm sure you'll be ok with the increase in healthcare costs that everyone has to pay to cover their increase in costs due to reduction in access and coverage.

While Tesla and Motel 6 may take advantage of current tax structure, we have yet to see any proof they are forging their worth and property values to falsely manipulate their tax debts. Trump does this.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

Neither Tesla nor Motel 6 has the ability to strip poor people of their limited access to healthcare. He does, and is trying to do just that.

I'm sure you'll be ok with the increase in healthcare costs that everyone has to pay to cover their increase in costs due to reduction in access and coverage.

While Tesla and Motel 6 may take advantage of current tax structure, we have yet to see any proof they are forging their worth and property values to falsely manipulate their tax debts. Trump does this.

As bad as I was bent over the last time, with regards to healthcare (As were so  many others)  - it may be refreshing to see people experience what I went through.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

As bad as I was bent over the last time, with regards to healthcare (As were so  many others)  - it may be refreshing to see people experience what I went through.

So you want poor people to suffer because you once suffered?  The parable about making the whole world blind comes to mind.

29 minutes ago, billvon said:

So you want poor people to suffer because you once suffered?  The parable about making the whole world blind comes to mind.

Not necessarily.  I want the people that were responsible for the outcome to suffer like I did.^_^

I want the people that actually pushed it through to lose the same percentage of income and savings as I did.

14 hours ago, normiss said:

Hey Jerry,

Given his business history, I couldn't agree more. He's already been show to have over inflated his business values, after under valuing them to obtain loans. It's no wonder he can't get a loan in the US. So much fraud, so many bankruptcies, so many unpaid people he's screwed over.

This is one of the few areas where I will "defend" Trump. Real Estate valuations are not straight forward calculations and it is not at all uncommon to have differing valuations for different purposes. Generally you would want to argue a valuation differently for: taxes, financing and insurance purposes.

This is also when you contract a firm to perform a valuation they will generally ask you for what purpose you want to complete the valuation. Under normal circumstances this is not illegal.

However, I can certainly see Trump Corp providing false information used in the valuations, which could be illegal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

This is also when you contract a firm to perform a valuation they will generally ask you for what purpose you want to complete the valuation. Under normal circumstances this is not illegal.

However, I can certainly see Trump Corp providing false information used in the valuations, which could be illegal.

And of course valuations used for investors that are false will put you in jail since that's flat our fraud.  BUT I can assure all readers that there's no way Trump would've made it past through primaries without this being exposed, he's way too high of a profile anyway for investors to not know exactly how much his property is worth, thus why he had such trouble getting loans.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kallend said:

So we now have Trump's DoJ interfering with the courts:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-justice-department/index.html

More like a banana republic with every passing day.

Maybe the thing we will now talk about will be the first POTUS in history to face a second round of impeachment charges.

He appears to be doing all he can to earn them.

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

well that is just plain wrong in most cases.  like the technology moving rapidly part toward the end.  yes it is, and it is also leading to a scarcity of the rare earth metals needed to perpetuate the throw away society we have moved toward in the last 50 years.  the only excuse for replacing a cell phone in less that 5 years is so the company can make more money off of you.  the industry (can't recall specifics right now, but mainly drink manufacturers coke and pepsi) did away with recycling bottles in the '80s and we haven't looked back since, except for them to put the burden of keeping the planet in good shape with the consumers.  so, they make more money and destroy the planet and we get blamed because we don't recycle enough.  then every other industry jumps on board and we get single use everything and plastic micro particles infusing every organism on the planet and we still don't know the long term health effects.  nice job, capitalism.

19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

and?  does any of that negate what i said?  i don't think so, but it is nice that it is trending the other way.  the problem is, folks see things like this and stop doing what it took to get there.  like politics, it was always bad and they have always been corrupt, it just used to be hidden a lot more and they actually cared about what they let us see.  now they don't care because they think there is nothing we can do to stop it. 

the original article said there were 250 odd million folks not starving out of 750 million.  yes, it is progress, but we could do so much better were it not for greed.  like the live aid concerts you mentioned.  if folks were to just donate time and coverage rather than selling it, then they could get a lot more money where it is needed.  but governments are supposed to take care of the people, not other people, otherwise, why have a government?  i read somewhere it took almost 80% of the money for the live aids just to raise the money, but that was a long time ago and it may not have been true.