1 1
brenthutch

What are we going to talk about now?

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

So you must have a percentage that triggers the definition. What if his earnings only account for 25% of his total income package?

What about if the income subsidies are paid with borrowed money? You know, money some poor schmuck in the future will pay off. 

It's a simple formula...are you contributing money or not?

anyone who is working is not a drain, regardless of whether they get any other sort of subsidies.  also, the ones who can't work but get a check are also not a drain, as we are all members of society, and the ones who can't work are not any less human than the ones who can.  i will take it a step further, and that everyone should have access to health care, food, and housing just by being human and asking for it.  i know it's a revolutionary concept, treating people like people, but i think we can make it work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

Government doesn't pay for anything.  They simply redistribute our money. 

Exactly.

You're only on the tit if you aren't a functioning member of the society that produces the money the government redistributes.  Something liberals seem to have a difficult time understanding.

So illegal aliens who pay taxes are functioning members of society, members who support you and yours.  Cool.

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

My apologies; I meant 'face to face' discussions.

Jerry Baumchen

That only makes sense...I don't discuss politics or religions with my close friends.  I'm appalled at how easily some of my facebook friends tell the world about their leanings.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Exactly.

So illegal aliens who pay taxes are functioning members of society, members who support you and yours.  Cool.

Nice try.  Citizens of the country and those here legally only apply to this example.  

Look, I know that we need to change immigration laws to allow more people into this country legally.  We need them here to do the work that most Americans see as beneath them.  But I think it's only after you secure our southern border.  As long as we keep rewarding those who enter illegally we'll continue to have this problem.

Which illegals are paying taxes Bill?

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

That link doesn't sound like someone paying taxes to me.

Seriously?

You get employment using someone else's SS number, and you think no federal, local, & SS tax gets deducted from your paycheck? The welfare fraud in that case is a separate issue.

Edited by ryoder

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Seriously?

You get employment using someone else's SS number, and you think no federal, local, & SS tax gets deducted from your paycheck? The welfare fraud in that case is a separate issue.

OK...but that's not some illegal paying taxes because they choose to.

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

Nice try.  Citizens of the country and those here legally only apply to this example.  

OK.  So per this example, they are not on the tit.

Look, I know that we need to change immigration laws to allow more people into this country legally.  We need them here to do the work that most Americans see as beneath them.  But I think it's only after you secure our southern border.  As long as we keep rewarding those who enter illegally we'll continue to have this problem.

OK great.  We should work on that.  Unfortunately, rather than working to secure the border, we are building a useless wall that falls over when it's windy - and doesn't stop illegal immigration even when it's intact.

Which illegals are paying taxes Bill?

All of them.  All pay sales tax.  75% pay applicable local, state and federal income taxes.  They are less likely to use welfare than US citizens.   But as you said, they are not on the tit, so no issues there.

On 2/9/2020 at 2:40 PM, sfzombie13 said:

anyone who is working is not a drain, regardless of whether they get any other sort of subsidies.  also, the ones who can't work but get a check are also not a drain, as we are all members of society, and the ones who can't work are not any less human than the ones who can.  i will take it a step further, and that everyone should have access to health care, food, and housing just by being human and asking for it.  i know it's a revolutionary concept, treating people like people, but i think we can make it work.

What about those that game the system?  Those that are less than truthful and work under the table while getting benefits? What about those that just up and commit fraud?  Are those a drain?

those are the ones you go after.  society chooses it's own rules.  when we as a whole say no more, then it changes.  there will be holdouts, but they will eventually leave completely, only to be replaced by something else.  we now accept that it is ok for black people to ride where they want on the bus.  we can make the change, we just have to not accept anything else.  i know it sounds idealistic, and maybe it is, but dammit i grew up spoon fed a bunch of bullshit about the american dream and justice, liberty, and all that shit.  maybe it was wrong, maybe it was tarnished by all the evil they did, but it was a good ideal and the groundwork is already there.  if i can help nudge it a little closer to that ideal, that's a no-brainer.  not that i'm gonna do it for free; if we get big money i'm gonna get a salary, but limit it to a quarter mil.  this shit ain't hard, and i think i just may start my masters in poly sci and go all in.  imagine if i do get millions, influence and win three elections, that would make a pretty good masters thesis that i know what the hell i'm doing. 

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

What about those that game the system?  Those that are less than truthful and work under the table while getting benefits? What about those that just up and commit fraud?  Are those a drain?

What about them? No system is perfect. Some people will always benefit more than they should.

Trump is a fine example, he gamed the system to allow him to not pay taxes on profits made from borrowed money while not paying the bill for the small contractors helping him.

Then we have poor people who are trying to work and do everything they can to try and support their families.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is who of those two you feel is scum and who should be applauded.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Sure - whether they are US citizens or not.  Best approach?  Go after the people who hire them.  Make it more expensive to break the law than it is to follow it.

37 minutes ago, billvon said:

Sure - whether they are US citizens or not.  Best approach?  Go after the people who hire them.  Make it more expensive to break the law than it is to follow it.

I don't think we could agree more.

Companies, Parent Companies, Umbrella corps, - ALL of them.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

What about them? No system is perfect. Some people will always benefit more than they should.

Trump is a fine example, he gamed the system to allow him to not pay taxes on profits made from borrowed money while not paying the bill for the small contractors helping him.

Then we have poor people who are trying to work and do everything they can to try and support their families.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is who of those two you feel is scum and who should be applauded.

Trump is not a fine example.  He is, in this instance, a red herring, since he has never been on welfare or food stamps; Nor, is he an immigrant in need of funding.