1 1
brenthutch

State of the Union

9 hours ago, nigel99 said:

That is what you get with gutter politics. At risk of mimicking the people who say ‘Obama did it first...’ this is exactly how Trump operates, it is all about theatrics and not about content. 

So something that should have been about the State of the Nation and Trump turned into a MAGA rally, Pelosi upended and all that anyone is talking about is her. Well done to her, she has engaged Trump at his own game and ‘owned’ him. 

For you Americans welcome to the new normal and the slide from being a respected voice in the modern world. 

So many, many times I have used that defence.

When comparing the actions of muslims and the violence in the middle east, or even on Climate change and the actions of other less advanced countries.

And every time, someone like Professor Kallend, and Bill, or Normiss, or whomever, with no small measure of contempt, remind me of, "Aren't we supposed to be the example?" 

Somehow, not being the example and being brought down to the undesirable level is accepted and OK now.

Hell, It's even celebrated.

I think that's great.  Let's ALL celebrate because the Majority leader in Congress can be just as much a petulant, spoiled child as the one she tried to remove from office!!

Good on HER!!! 

42 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I think that's great.  Let's ALL celebrate because the Majority leader in Congress can be just as much a petulant, spoiled child as the one she tried to remove from office!!

she's the majority leader of the house, not congress.  from what i have seen of everything she has done, she is one very classy lady and i had a lot of preconceived notions of her from what i have heard over the years, most of which are untrue.  she knew what the hell she was doing holding those papers, and it almost worked.  at least the truth is out now.  i just hope old donny boy takes all the money bolton is getting from that book, since it wasn't vetted from the white house first, like they are doing to snowden.  he should have went to the house when they asked, sorry, subpoenaed him.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:50 PM, brenthutch said:

I expected Trump to pull down his pants, take a dump and start throwing turds at the Dems, I could have not been more wrong.  He is killing it!

Killing it? Interesting comment since I've heard others say that everything Trump touches dies.

14 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

It actually is.

Your version:

It was the courteous thing to do, because she couldn't control her temper.

What she said:

It was the courteous thing to do, considering the alternatives.

Then you doubled down on claiming you quoted her directly. Like Trump, you seem to think you can create your own reality by simply lying every time you say something.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

And every time, someone like Professor Kallend, and Bill, or Normiss, or whomever, with no small measure of contempt, remind me of, "Aren't we supposed to be the example?" 

Yes, we are.  But there comes a time where overturning a corrupt Russian puppet is more important than political correctness and appearances.

18 minutes ago, Faicon9493 said:

It would have been great to see John Bolton and Lev Parnas sitting in the gallery front row center.

Or to follow Trumps lead, invite the women who have accused him of sexual misconduct.

That number is currently 25.

(Suggestion from Bill Maher)

(edited)
54 minutes ago, billvon said:
5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm glad you do.

It was, indeed, a planned petulant temper tantrum.

You keep using that word.  I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I think there's a talking head somewhere who keeps saying that, I'm guessing Tucker Carlson or Mark Levine.

Edited by DJL

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

so the other guy was the one who fought it or did they not issue any because of the threat of the fight?  i forgot and with the circus it never was very clear to start with.  either way, if he had info, he could have come and testified, the article even says that.  he should forfeit every dime from that book.

53 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Your version:

It was the courteous thing to do, because she couldn't control her temper.

What she said:

It was the courteous thing to do, considering the alternatives.

Then you doubled down on claiming you quoted her directly. Like Trump, you seem to think you can create your own reality by simply lying every time you say something.

The alternatives were obviously even more childish - so yes, I'm still correct.

And no - I didn't quote her directly, or the statement wold have had quotation marks.(But you are smart enough to figure that out, right?)

1 minute ago, sfzombie13 said:

if he had info, he could have come and testified, the article even says that. 

In theory, but it would have been in defiance of an order from the White House not to. And more than likely an application for an emergency injunction on the basis of executive privilege. The House was faced with a decision to proceed or allow Trump to tangle them up in court for months. 

23 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think there's a talking head somewhere who keeps saying that, I'm guessing Tucker Carlson or Mark Levine.

I haven't seen any news other than what I read on Al Jazeera, what I can glean from the NYT, and Post.

I have seen some headlines from CNN, and MSNBC.

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The alternatives were obviously even more childish

Thank you for agreeing that she indeed thought through her options and controlled her behaviour. That does sound quite different from "not controlling her temper".

Unless of course you are a devout follower of Trumpian Logic.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Thank you for agreeing that she indeed thought through her options and controlled her behaviour. That does sound quite different from "not controlling her temper".

Unless of course you are a devout follower of Trumpian Logic.

The inability to quash any display of temper would have been class. 

She failed. 

She acted Trumpy.

Edit - At the very least it was planned and executed passive aggressive behavior. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/passive-aggression

Edited by turtlespeed
Because its true: and I added a link

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

The inability to quash any display of temper would have been class. 

She failed. 

She acted Trumpy.

You are upset that she showed emotion.

Don't you find it ironic that you are now walking back your emotion? You went from a petulant "unable to control her temper" to a measured "inability to quash any display of temper". And you didn't do this in the heat of the moment, you have been doing this over days.

If Nancy Pelosi failed, what have you been doing?

6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You are upset that she showed emotion.

Don't you find it ironic that you are now walking back your emotion? You went from a petulant "unable to control her temper" to a measured "inability to quash any display of temper". And you didn't do this in the heat of the moment, you have been doing this over days.

If Nancy Pelosi failed, what have you been doing?

Not being a representative of her district.

I'm not walking back.

She is unable to NOT make a show of temper.

She's a sore loser.

She's also as mentally ill as Trump is!

YOU just hate trump so you are not able to view it objectively.

I admit that I dislike her and it colors my opinion.

I have also pointed out that there is a lot of hypocrisy with, all of a sudden, its ok to be like Trump, because Trump did it first.

Bullshit - let the hypocrisy stop and just call it out for what it is.

Others have - why aren't you able to? 

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Not being a representative of her district.

I'm not walking back.

She is unable to NOT make a show of temper.

She's a sore loser.

She's also as mentally ill as Trump is!

YOU just hate trump so you are not able to view it objectively.

I admit that I dislike her and it colors my opinion.

I have also pointed out that there is a lot of hypocrisy with, all of a sudden, its ok to be like Trump, because Trump did it first.

Bullshit - let the hypocrisy stop and just call it out for what it is.

Others have - why aren't you able to? 

That's quite the petulant temper tantrum.