1 1
nigel99

Predict President 2020

6 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

she has some interesting thoughts and was spot on last time.  i was also pretty close, and thought it was common sense.  she says trump is out, and a good chance of taking over the senate for democrats but not certain.  same thing i was thinking, although i am just a watcher and she has a masters in political science. 

rachel bitecofer

I first heard of her a couple days ago when I read an article about her.

During the panel discussion on Bill Maher's show last night, someone brought up a tongue-in-cheek idea: Bloomberg should buy Fox Corp and make it start reporting facts. I looked up the market cap and checked Bloomberg's current net worth. He could buy it for a little under half his current net worth.

1 minute ago, ryoder said:

I first heard of her a couple days ago when I read an article about her.

During the panel discussion on Bill Maher's show last night, someone brought up a tongue-in-cheek idea: Bloomberg should buy Fox Corp and make it start reporting facts. I looked up the market cap and checked Bloomberg's current net worth. He could buy it for a little under half his current net worth.

that would be an awesome idea.  imagine donny boy hitting the roof if he turned on fox one morning and it had bloomburg there, bigger than life, saying that he was a crook and had to go.  he would stroke out!

I have been wondering what the the long game should be for progressive dems. If the theory that the economy will come down at some point, maybe in the next 4 years, it maybe good for trump to get re-elected and have to deal with a poor economy to take the shine off the repubs. 

then the battle in 2024 would be with trump's heir (whoever that is), and a fractious campaign on both sides could help the progressives, 'cause similar to what got the ACA passed the dems are going to need a massive wave to get their agenda (ACA++, free college, etc) passed. 

so even though I see trump as likely winner, it may be better in the long run. of course a women's right to choose may get sacrificed on the way...

Hi folks,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting real tired of the cheap shots Biden is taking at Pete B.

Let's face it, Biden lost bigtime in Iowa; and, according to this evening's news, is running 4th in NH.

I caught Biden on the debates Friday evening and he seemed to stumble with his words a lot; and he just looks old.

Joe Biden:  'I don't get that.'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51437540

I think there is a lot Joe B  does not get.  I think it is time for him to fold his tent & enjoy the rest of his life.

Thoughts????????????

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting real tired of the cheap shots Biden is taking at Pete B.

Let's face it, Biden lost bigtime in Iowa; and, according to this evening's news, is running 4th in NH.

I caught Biden on the debates Friday evening and he seemed to stumble with his words a lot; and he just looks old.

Joe Biden:  'I don't get that.'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51437540

I think there is a lot Joe B  does not get.  I think it is time for him to fold his tent & enjoy the rest of his life.

Thoughts????????????

Jerry Baumchen

100% Jerry. He's like a phantom twitch now. Dem's need to get behind one person and it might be Bloomberg. 

10 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Jerry Baumchen

he overcame a stutter and is still struggling with it.  it was one of the things republicans are jumping onto and i have seen one ad attacking him for it so far. 

11 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Thoughts????????????

I agree.  In this election he needed to turn Trump's Ukraine accusations into an opportunity to stay in the headlight.  Instead he made a weak defense and painted the word "Malarkey" on his campaign bus, presumably because they thought thawing out shit from 1947 makes him look like Steve Rogers.

16 minutes ago, piisfish said:

So more or less half the people in the country are ok with this omnipotence, almost a dicktraitorship ?

Given the low turnout in the last election, and that he lost the popular vote, I can't imagine it's anywhere near half.

1 hour ago, piisfish said:

Will there be another Republican candidate, or will donald trump be the only one?

There were 2 others in the Iowa primary. They got 1.1% and 1.3% respectively. Trump got 97.1%
New Hampshire is projected to look essentially the same.

1 hour ago, mbohu said:

There were 2 others in the Iowa primary. They got 1.1% and 1.3% respectively. Trump got 97.1%
New Hampshire is projected to look essentially the same.

Don Jong Trump like. Maybe Zimbabwe should send observers to supervise your elections

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, sfzombie13 said:

that would be an awesome idea.  imagine donny boy hitting the roof if he turned on fox one morning and it had bloomburg there, bigger than life, saying that he was a crook and had to go.  he would stroke out!

Funny to think about - but it would tank  in ratings as soon after.  

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

THAT is what you find outstanding??

No wonder the DNC is in dire straits.

As ever you find nuance elusive. His point was that now that our elections are compromised maybe we should be observed. I find that funny. But to your main point, The DNC is still doing his own thing and Dire Straits are no longer together.