1 1
brenthutch

Getting my fill of schadenfreude

WOW, last night was a blood bath up on the debate stage.  Bloomberg had a bullseye tattooed on his head, and I thought mayor Pete and Klobuchar were going to come to blows.  As it stands now it looks like Bernie is going to be the nominee and Trump will get another four years. (I wonder how long the notorious RBG will be able to hang in there)

32 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

WOW, last night was a blood bath up on the debate stage.  Bloomberg had a bullseye tattooed on his head, and I thought mayor Pete and Klobuchar were going to come to blows.  As it stands now it looks like Bernie is going to be the nominee and Trump will get another four years. (I wonder how long the notorious RBG will be able to hang in there)

I know! I need to pinch myself just thinking of the wonderful world we'll live in with an invincible majority on the Supreme Court and totally stacked Circuit Courts. 

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I am a Libertarian 

NOUN: 1. One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.

Just how does that make me a homophobe, or a misogynist?

Your zeal for the dulcet tones of automatic weapon fire Trump your concern for the individual rights of others. You would, by your own written words, take your gun rights over LGBTQ or women's rights. And not just rational gun rights, you want judges that will make case law your ability to buy hand grenades or rocket launchers. When it comes to guns, like old Henry Stamper, your motto is "Never give an inch." And if the judges who give you that gift fuck over someone else well it sucks to be them. Sorry guy, that's who and what you are. 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Your zeal for the dulcet tones of automatic weapon fire Trump your concern for the individual rights of others. You would, by your own written words, take your gun rights over LGBTQ or women's rights. And not just rational gun rights, you want judges that will make case law your ability to buy hand grenades or rocket launchers. When it comes to guns, like old Henry Stamper, your motto is "Never give an inch." And if the judges who give you that gift fuck over someone else well it sucks to be them. Sorry guy, that's who and what you are. 

Wow - 

Just wow.

You don't see that you are too bust judging to see that is your very own trait. "Never Give an Inch"

<Face Palm>

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Gun rights ARE women's and LGBTQ rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Pistols

https://thewellarmedwoman.com 

I hadn't thought about that. Women can now demand doctors provide abortions at gunpoint and gays can enjoy good old southern shotgun weddings. You, you totally get what's going on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow - 

Just wow.

You don't see that you are too bust judging to see that is your very own trait. "Never Give an Inch"

<Face Palm>

Give an inch on what? I own several guns and support reasonable gun rights, always have.  I do not support ridiculous extreme gun rights that can only be guaranteed by extreme judges who, like far too many on the right, are are fond of limiting the civil rights of more than half of all Americans. I think it's Brent who needs to reflect on the big picture.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Give an inch on what? I own several guns and support reasonable gun rights, always have.  I do not support ridiculous extreme gun rights that can only be guaranteed by extreme judges who, like far too many on the right, are are fond of limiting the civil rights of more than half of all Americans. I think it's Brent who needs to reflect on the big picture.

I'm fine with the gun rights I had during the Obama administration.  No need any of this "extreme" gobbledygook. 

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I'm fine with the gun rights I had during the Obama administration.  No need any of this "extreme" gobbledygook. 

You mean the extreme gun rights gifted by Scalia in DC v. Heller in 2008 five months before Obama was elected? 

32 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

All Heller, did was to state the obvious, that the Second Amendment, pertained to the individual (just like the rest of the Bill of Rights).  It is the law of the land, get used to it.  

It also stated the right wasn't exclusive and that it could have additional requirements and regulations.

31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

All Heller, did was to state the obvious, that the Second Amendment, pertained to the individual (just like the rest of the Bill of Rights).  It is the law of the land, get used to it.  

No, it made any two individuals a militia. You think it's a prime example of wise jurisprudence, I think it's a jackass decision. Yes, it is the law of the land but if it wasn't, if Scalia had recognized that the word regulation meant regulation, would you be willing to get used to it? 

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

No, it made any two individuals a militia. You think it's a prime example of wise jurisprudence, I think it's a jackass decision. Yes, it is the law of the land but if it wasn't, if Scalia had recognized that the word regulation meant regulation, would you be willing to get used to it? 

Don’t have to worry about it 

Bernie is killing it in NV. As of now it looks like the B-man will be your nominee.  With Klobuchar staying in, at least through SC, and no evidence that mayor Pete, Steyer, Bloomberg, Warren and Biden are getting out, the non-insane vote will be divvied up and you will suffer the same fate the Republicans did in 2016.  We will, yet again, have a choice between two totally unacceptable candidates.  

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Bernie is killing it in NV. As of now it looks like the B-man will be your nominee.  With Klobuchar staying in, at least through SC, and no evidence that mayor Pete, Steyer, Bloomberg, Warren and Biden are getting out, the non-insane vote will be divvied up and you will suffer the same fate the Republicans did in 2016.  We will, yet again, have a choice between two totally unacceptable candidates.  

Mad Mike Hughes found a way out, after a fashion.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

We will, yet again, have a choice between two totally unacceptable candidates.  

Hi Brent,

I, for one, am not there yet.  As I have posted before, Bernie is far from my 1st choice.  But, he will get my vote if it comes to that. *

Jerry Baumchen

*  The first time I ever voted for POTUS, my choices were LBJ or Goldwater.  Held my nose & voted.

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

I, for one, am not there yet.  As I have posted before, Bernie is far from my 1st choice.  But, he will get my vote if it comes to that. *

Jerry Baumchen

*  The first time I ever voted for POTUS, my choices were LBJ or Goldwater.  Held my nose & voted.

Going from memory here, so the quote may not be word-for-word.

"In the 1964 election, I was going to vote for Goldwater. But all my friends were telling me:

'Don't do that!!! If you vote for Goldwater, we'll have war!!!'

But I didn't listen to them, and voted for him anyway. And damned if they weren't right; We had war."

-- P.J. O'Rourke

14 hours ago, ryoder said:

Going from memory here, so the quote may not be word-for-word.

"In the 1964 election, I was going to vote for Goldwater. But all my friends were telling me:

'Don't do that!!! If you vote for Goldwater, we'll have war!!!'

But I didn't listen to them, and voted for him anyway. And damned if they weren't right; We had war."

-- P.J. O'Rourke

Hi Robert,

I do not know if your quote is perfect or not, but it was the sentiment at the time.

And, one of the reasons why I voted for LBJ.  And, we know how that turned out.  :bang:

Jerry Baumchen

On 2/22/2020 at 7:50 PM, brenthutch said:

100%.  As long as we use the winner-take-all voting method in elections with more than two candidates we're going to end up with second - third - last choice candidates running our county.

53 minutes ago, DJL said:

100%.  As long as we use the winner-take-all voting method in elections with more than two candidates we're going to end up with second - third - last choice candidates running our county.

Why can't we just go back to the practice that the loser becomes Vice?