0
Heat

Tonysuit Hög

Recommended Posts

I would like to hear about your experience with the Hög. Not much info available online, and Tonysuits website is dogshit.

What do you like/not like about the suit?

What options do you have (storage pockets, soles, hook knife etc)?

How does it compare to the Freak-series/the Strix-series if you have any experience with those suits?

 

Cheers, Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, alygator said:

or maybe they spent more time on developping the suit than advertizing/ web...
;)

I by no means am bashing Tony or his business, dudes been around for a long time doing what he does.  I also look at Mickle and The Kid, THEY can out fly anyone wearing a fucking hefty bag! But I digress. I fly squirrel because not only are there suits PROVEN winners (again, see the pilot inside the suit) but the customer service is THE HIGHEST in the market. IMO.  If you live on the other side of the world, maybe PF would be better in regard, but again, I speak from my own experience...  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have flown the Hog, Freak, Strix Strix 2 and most of the other suits on the market. The Hog is a fine suit. It has inflatable grips so the grips are basically just part of the arm wing. The carbon rods are in essence just installed into the wing and you hold onto that. Some people like it. I personally dont, but it's just a preference thing.

The suit itself is big and has lots of power. I dont think it's as fast as the Freak 3, but it is likely faster and more powerful than the Strix 2 and it's still a quite fast suit. I outflew a friend in his Hog while he was flying my Freak 3 to demonstrate that the suit can still go fairly fast given it's flow well. I cant comment on its acro ability as I just flew it for performance. Overall it's a fine suit. Not too much to complain about with it. That said, I'd still prefer a Freak 3 as I think the Freak 3 is the best all-around advanced suit made to date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, dule_savic said:

The guy is asking about Hog. Do you really think we care about your personal preference between Squirrel and PF suits, or who you look at, or not...  

clearly a Tony suit guy... At least I provided SOME constructive criticism within the realm of the topic. Carry on.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timski said:

clearly a Tony suit guy... At least I provided SOME constructive criticism within the realm of the topic. Carry on.   

You provided shit. The topic is about Hog. And I'm jumping a Rafale, because I like it, not because I have the need to be someones guy... 

Carry on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
On 1/31/2020 at 3:51 PM, Heat said:

I would like to hear about your experience with the Hög. Not much info available online, and Tonysuits website is dogshit.

What do you like/not like about the suit?

What options do you have (storage pockets, soles, hook knife etc)?

How does it compare to the Freak-series/the Strix-series if you have any experience with those suits?

 

Cheers, Magnus

We have some Hog's at our dz, general consensus is that it is easier to use for back/acro flying than the Freak's even though it is has more surface area. When it comes to performance, its sort of in the same area with Freak2's, Rafale's but the Freak3 is more powerful. I have flown all. Hog is a good flawless suit and you would not be let down if buying it. Btw I demoed the Hog's little brother the Pelican and flocked with the Hog's and Freak's. Everyone was impressed with its performance and it was top dog in the flock. I just got one myself - it is a formidable weapon. So never mind whats described on the website, how it is classified, the Pelican has them all easily 

Edited by birdynamnam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony is a master suit designer, and pilot. Websites on the other hand...

Don't judge a suit by it's web page. I've never flown a Tony Suit that I didn't like. 

Also, I fly a Rafale (and love it) and Timski...stop being such a tool. All of the major manufacturers make nice suits.

THE 75 IS COMING!!!! Let me guess...the inlets are even lower drag? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Bluhdow said:

All of the major manufacturers make nice suits.


 ;)

They do, but some models are legitimately superior than others and some brands are provably faster or more acro-friendly than others. It kinds of just depends on what you want.

Edited by 20kN
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

The fact that you guys are still talking about Tony as the designer for Tonysuits further confirms that, these days, a lot of the comments and advice on this forum aren't as accurate as they could be.  

Tony hasn't been designing for a while.  He's done and off sailing the waters of Florida, probably blowing through blunts like we only wish we could, happily ever after.  Sailing off into the sunset.  Him, him, etc.

But he has a great crew - super energized and really excited about wingsuiting - who are carrying on the Tonysuit name.  The new crew are coming up with new products in response to customer input, making consistent suits based on designs (no more of the "mad tinkerer in the shop" experimental suits) and are continuously evolving the brand.  Definitely worth a look.

As for the Hög, no I haven't tried it.  But I did pick up a Pelican that I loved on the two jumps I put on it, but haven't had a chance to put in enough jumps to really give a full report. 

I heard both suits flew very, very well in the tunnel in Sweden, though, from a couple of the instructors there who played around with them.

TL;DR - if your understanding of Tonysuits is "Tony makes suits", then you might want to take a look at the cool stuff they are rolling out.  Some of it is really impressive.  

And full disclosure - no, I'm not affiliated with Tonysuits, nor do I get anything from them (other than compensation from them when they once in a while use my photos).

Edited by Skwrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 20kN said:

They do, but some models are legitimately superior than others and some brands are provably faster or more acro-friendly than others. It kinds of just depends on what you want.

Some suits are better on specific point than other (and generally worst on other) but there are not such a thing like "some model are superior" or "some brand are like this".It s not fact what you say, just your opinion. And i m sorry but you are wrong on almost every point. And also off topic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, Bluhdow said:

Timski...stop being such a tool. All of the major manufacturers make nice suits.

THE 75 IS COMING!!!! Let me guess...the inlets are even lower drag? ;)

I know the crew, I know the suits, I also know a thing or two about successful marketing, and a couple/few are doing it right. But I digress. 

It is nice to have an AMERICAN MADE product as an option!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, timski said:

I know the crew, I know the suits, I also know a thing or two about successful marketing, and a couple/few are doing it right. But I digress. 

It is nice to have an AMERICAN MADE product as an option!    

Wait, you’re claiming the suits sewn in Vietnam are AMERICAN MADE? Lol. The most American wingsuit is Tony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, skydave89 said:

Wait, you’re claiming the suits sewn in Vietnam are AMERICAN MADE? Lol. The most American wingsuit is Tony. 

Welcome to the conversation DAVE, I'm obviously speaking of Tony in FL and NOT the SQL boys. Carry on. 

P.S. It's my personal experience that Asians take A LOT of pride in there work, and it shows. 

;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 7:47 PM, timski said:

Welcome to the conversation DAVE, I'm obviously speaking of Tony in FL and NOT the SQL boys. Carry on. 

P.S. It's my personal experience that Asians take A LOT of pride in there work, and it shows. 

;) 

Well that’s what I get for drunk posting. Misread your post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 11:38 AM, birdynamnam said:

We have some Hog's at our dz, general consensus is that it is easier to use for back/acro flying than the Freak's even though it is has more surface area. When it comes to performance, its sort of in the same area with Freak2's, Rafale's but the Freak3 is more powerful. I have flown all. Hog is a good flawless suit and you would not be let down if buying it. Btw I demoed the Hog's little brother the Pelican and flocked with the Hog's and Freak's. Everyone was impressed with its performance and it was top dog in the flock. I just got one myself - it is a formidable weapon. So never mind whats described on the website, how it is classified, the Pelican has them all easily 

Appreciate the input! Please tell us more about the Pelican when you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

0