arch63

Any other forums?

It is not my intention to complain, only ask if their are any other skydiving forums. I enjoy Dropzone but I find a lot of the newbie questions I research are not very current here. I have DZ bookmarked and visit every day and this will not change. I am just looking for a busier alternative. With respect...........

• Like 1

I think most of the activity has moved off to individual DZ Facebook groups and the like. Or maybe twitter, instagram, or who knows what. It’s unfortunate, because frankly this is a great resource. 

Or else it’s moved back to individual conversation at the DZ, which is bot good and bad. There’s an amazing amount of bs that can be shared here, but cross-pollination of  actual knowledge is very valuable. Consider the exit order question  

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:48 AM, wmw999 said:

I think most of the activity has moved off to individual DZ Facebook groups and the like. Or maybe twitter, instagram, or who knows what. It’s unfortunate, because frankly this is a great resource. 

Or else it’s moved back to individual conversation at the DZ, which is bot good and bad. There’s an amazing amount of bs that can be shared here, but cross-pollination of  actual knowledge is very valuable. Consider the exit order question  

Wendy P. 

Or the 45 degree angle question.:D

reddit has a skydiving forum and i found two users from here over there.  they post a lot more and it is also interesting but hasn't got the same "feel" as dz.com, but i have been here since '02 regardless of what the site says, so that is probably it, although the change in design is terrible compared to the old one in my opinion.

• Like 1