Elpnor

Vmag helmet mount

4 hours ago, Elpnor said:

I have the grelfab and it makes for shakey video in a sit.

A friend of mine has grelfab and it doesn't shake (even in sit). Are you running stabilization on the camera? If not, I guess the shake is expected, I have a mount on the top (drilled the helmet) and without stabilization it's all shaky (as the helmet itself can shake).

Sorry for the digression.

8 hours ago, tabouare said:

I bought one but have yet to jump it and I did get my hand on it yet. Still sitting at a friends house where I shipped it.

Here's my previous post on it with no answers since the product is new. I put as much info in that post for future reference.

Thanks Tabouare.  I saw your thread, and started a new one in general hoping more people would see it and give some feedback.  There doesn't seem to be many that have tried it. 

As far as stabilization goes, that's a thought.  I'm using a hero 4 still, and I've never looked into camera stabilization.  I'll have to see if that one has it, or whether it's time to jump up to the hero 8.  I still like the idea of being able to take the camera off the mount easily.  

Twice this last season I likely would have had a Vmag mount knocked loose during combat RW shenanigans. My chinmount.com mount only became dislodged a bit. I am using the longer than intended rubber bands and still have no shakiness whether belly or vertical, but my session model camera doesn't generate as much drag as the larger models.

If you want to have nice stabilized videos for showing off, you're probably better off with a post production software like Reelsteady. For your hero 4 it could make sense but if you upgrade to a hero 7 or 8, you'll need to deactivate hypersmooth to get the most out of the software.

According to reviews on the interweb, the hero 8 has an issue with the 2 flip tabs that are used for mounting. The tabs allow for movement and I don't know what this means with high wind if you don't use a case.

https://www.cinema5d.com/reelsteady-go-stabilizing-app-for-gopro-footage-better-than-hypersmooth/