1 1
nigel99

Is religion a form of mental illness?

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't see the distinction.

You are giving Trump the credit.

I would think you would consider him disables as well.

"She is mentally ill.  The religious beliefs may be a symptom or the cause -

I think it's a symptom.

I would like to Pelosi Clap for her.. . . . as she is perp walked out the door."

You appear, like Trump, to be mocking a person with a condition or health issue that is beyond their control. Removing someone with mental problems doesn't make them a "perp".

It appears exactly the same.

7 minutes ago, normiss said:

You appear, like Trump, to be mocking a person with a condition or health issue that is beyond their control.

As far as I know, all of us who watched the video saw a women acting like a complete asshole. She appears to be physically normal, perhaps even quite strong. I for one was appalled by her and instantly formed an extremely negative opinion of her. Because she was behaving in a way that is socially completely unacceptable. She may very well have an illness that is affecting her behavior, but it is not immediately apparent. This is in no way comparable to Trump mocking an obviously physically impaired person in a manner that a 5 year old who has not yet learned decent manners might do.

32 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

As far as I know, all of us who watched the video saw a women acting like a complete asshole. She appears to be physically normal, perhaps even quite strong. I for one was appalled by her and instantly formed an extremely negative opinion of her. Because she was behaving in a way that is socially completely unacceptable. She may very well have an illness that is affecting her behavior, but it is not immediately apparent. This is in no way comparable to Trump mocking an obviously physically impaired person in a manner that a 5 year old who has not yet learned decent manners might do.

I would argue that it is comparable.  In the latter case you have a mentally-impaired person mocking a physically-impaired person.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

I would argue that it is comparable.  In the latter case you have a mentally-impaired person mocking a physically-impaired person.

I think Trump is socially impaired from having lived a life of privilege surrounded by sycophants. He may also be in the early stages of dementia. 

21 hours ago, normiss said:

Within a minute it's obvious she has issues. It's unacceptable because it's dangerous.

Call the cops and get her help.

Mocking her and applauding her removal is wrong. Maybe I expect too much of humans.

HA - yet - You tout Trump as being dangerous.  You tout him as being a 5 year old.  You Tout Trump as being mentally challenged. 

YET you would be the first one to stand up and mock him as he was being removed.

Maybe we just expect too much from you.

56 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

HA - yet - You tout Trump as being dangerous.  You tout him as being a 5 year old.  You Tout Trump as being mentally challenged. 

YET you would be the first one to stand up and mock him as he was being removed.

Maybe we just expect too much from you.

I don't see an anonymous person with mental challenges a threat to world peace and stability. Trump is though.

He speaks worse than a 5 year old at times. If you're claiming he has mental issues, you could be right. In which case it would be wrong of me to mock him - thin line of calling him out for absurdities vs. mocking him for his mental state. I might have to consider that I suppose.

Apparently we see things differently.

But I don't live in Kansouri either, so who knows.

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

On of the more staunch deniers of the harm done by smoking today announced he has advanced lung cancer.

Thoughts and Prayers for Rush Limbaugh

I disagree with the smoking lifestyle.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-rush-limbaugh-smoking-effects-cancer-diagnosis-20200203-4ma66mowazektovzh7hg2aynhq-story.html