timski

plant based diet

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

Just wondering, is there any info on the possibility of adverse effects of drastically changing your diet after years of eating the same shit, especially when you may already be genetically predisposed to handling enormous levels of fatty shit food from eastern Europe?

Kind of like switching from burning coal and oil to using wind and solar for electricity. It can make your whole system turn green.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Kind of like switching from burning coal and oil to using wind and solar for electricity. It can make your whole system turn green.

So I guess, then that if you switch to plant based, and include corn, blueberries, and beets, you will turn into either a unicorn or a skittle, because you will, in fact, be pooping the rainbow.

Wendy P.

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

So I guess, then that if you switch to plant based, and include corn, blueberries, and beets, you will turn into either a unicorn or a skittle, because you will, in fact, be pooping the rainbow.

Wendy P.

Not here though, we don't have those emojis so we'll be alright.

17 hours ago, turtlespeed said:
On 1/22/2020 at 3:16 AM, Coreece said:

It's kind of like with alcohol - it's not like you can just stop after drinking that shit everyday for years, that could kill you.

Worked for me.

Same with smoking - you just stop.

I'm talking about drinkers that suffer from DTs during withdrawal which are potentially fatal.

https://www.evergreendrugrehab.com/blog/potential-delirium-tremens-dt-someone-goes-alcohol-withdrawal/

The last person I heard of dying from this was Nelsan Ellis. (Lafayette from True Blood)  Apparently he was ashamed of his addiction and tried going through withdrawal on his own without proper treatment.

Obviously I wouldn't expect the same thing when changing to a strictly plant based diet, just wondering if there are any potential downsides to making a sudden and drastic change like that.  As I said, I'd prefer a more gradual or balanced transition.

27 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Obviously I wouldn't expect the same thing when changing to a strictly plant based diet, just wondering if there are any potential downsides to making a sudden and drastic change like that. 

It's recommended to change your diet slowly.  You body does need to adjust.   

On 1/21/2020 at 9:37 AM, SkyDekker said:

I have tried it and it is a great burger. I also find it to be heavily processed and question if it is any better than a regular burger.

It's not.  But that's sorta the point.  If you want to eat healthy, then get a chicken sandwich or something with a black bean patty.  If you want an unhealthy burger, there's now a plant based option that is just as bad for you (but takes less energy, water and land to make.)