1 1
turtlespeed

Impeachment Jury

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Nigel and Normiss  clearly hate religion.  I sincerely doubt that they'd consider that an insult.

Well that's what we're talking about.  Nigel and Normiss brought it up.  It's certainly a possibility.  What I found interesting tho is that Jerry took it so personally for whatever reason.

Ya, that's basically what Nigel and Normiss were asking.  Get a clue, dude.

So they are attacks, but they are OK because you're right?

OK then.  Thanks for making it easy.

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Nigel and Normiss  clearly hate religion.  I sincerely doubt that they'd consider that an insult.

Well that's what we're talking about.  Nigel and Normiss brought it up.  It's certainly a possibility.  What I found interesting tho is that Jerry took it so personally for whatever reason.

Ya, that's basically what Nigel and Normiss were asking.  Get a clue, dude.

To throw some psycho babble at you, you’re projecting. Because you appear to be full of hatred and ‘poor me’ you assume that everyone shares your world view. 

I do not ‘hate’ religion. I have some people that I am very close to that I would never challenge their religious beliefs because it provides them with a level of comfort that they need to feel safe in this world. I am sure I’ve mentioned it before but my brother in law was highly religious and within a month of him stopping believing in god he committed suicide. He was unable to cope with dealing with his past life of abuse and neglect without a higher power to believe in. I would much rather Jason was still around, laughing joking and preaching on street corners, than in a box.

(edited)

55 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

It’s interesting to observe how people give away their prejudices. So black is worse than a woman...

Exactly.  YOU are the only one that said being black was worse.

55 minutes ago, billvon said:

So they are attacks, but they are OK because you're right?

Normiss and Nigel wanted to know if misogyny was the reason for people not voting for Hillary.  I'm sorry you feel that was an attack.

51 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I do not ‘hate’ religion.

Then stop acting like it.

Edited by Coreeece

6 hours ago, yobnoc said:

No, the problem with Palin is that she was and is a fucking trainwreck of a human being.  And reasonable, sensible people could see that.  Katie Couric, the fucking nicest reporter in the biz, exposed the buffoon that she is just by asking her what news publications she reads. 

Well, the same is true about Trump, so maybe it was partly misogyny.  However, she wasn't the top of the ticket, and she had no business or other cred really.  I couldn't countenance Palin as a fill-in President if McCain died, and I couldn't give support him after the bad judgement in choosing her.  We were not aligned on some issues, but I was confident that he would not have harmed the US.  

The earlier point about McCain minus Palin beating Obama, especially had he picked someone like Kasich, is a likely outcome.   McCain would have likely had 8 years, and Kasich would be POTUS now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coreece said:

McCain minus Palin perhaps?  I know some democrats/left-leaners (some even in this forum IIRC) that talked about voting for him if it wasn't for her.  Perhaps more misogyny?  I guess we'll never know.

That makes no sense. Palin is a larger than life caricature of a far right buffoon. Man or woman her politics are diametrically opposed to those that would have encouraged a left leaner to vote for McCain (and don't forget that McCains own stated politics swung drastically right during that campaign as they chased their own base at the expense of centreist votes).

Now, people who didn't vote for McCain because of Palin and then went on to vote for Trump... those people could well be mysoginists. But they're Trump supporters, so no great shock;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coreeece said:

Now Bill wants to ban me for attacking Nigel and Normis, ya right.

Seems like he's been taking lessons from Adam Shifty.

You bring passion to the table. You also frequently bring anger and express it in an aggressive way. This is my observation.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 9:18 AM, gowlerk said:

You bring passion to the table. You also frequently bring anger and express it in an aggressive way. This is my observation.

I get that that's the perception and how it can be rather provoking and get people riled up - and that given my posting history, people are automatically going to assume that I'm just angry at any level of aggression.  But in many cases, I think it's just your perception - and it's usually perceived more when I use the fuck word.  And if that's the case, then there are a lot of angry people here:

Speakers Corner - Use of the word Fucking

Speakers Corner - Use of the word fuck

And when you start reading all of those, you probably start laughing if you're anything like me - I mean it's hilarious.  And that's how I feel many times when I'm posting even though I'm being serious, or even legitimately angry.

And even tho I may use a level of force/aggression above that in the post I'm replying to (and yes, sometimes even excessive force as well)  I really don't think it's all that uncommon here.  It's just that your bias amplifies my perceived anger moreso than it does Yobnoc's or JoeWeber's because you tend to agree with it.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:21 AM, headoverheels said:

I couldn't countenance Palin as a fill-in President if McCain died, and I couldn't give support him after the bad judgement in choosing her. 

The whole misogyny thing with Palin was more of an after thought.  It didn't even cross my mind until Jakee asked who could've beaten Obama.  And tho misogyny still could've played a role in Palin's case (albeit to a much lesser extent than in Hillary's case) I think your point above was the main reason McCain loss.  It demonstrated a lack of leadership and exposed the possible vulnerability of being grossly manipulated by whoever convinced him that choosing her would be a good idea.

10 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I get that that's the perception and how it can be rather provoking and get people riled up - and that given my posting history, people are automatically going to assume that I'm just angry at any level of aggression.  But in many cases, I think it's just your Projection - and it's usually perceived more when I use the fuck word.  And if that's the case, then there are a lot of angry people here:

And when you start reading all of those, you probably start laughing if you're anything like me - I mean it's hilarious.  And that's how I feel many times when I'm posting even though I'm being serious, or even legitimately angry.

And even tho I may use a level of force/aggression above that in the post I'm replying to (and yes, sometimes even excessive force as well)  I really don't think it's all that uncommon here.  It's just that your bias amplifies my perceived anger moreso than it does Yobnoc's or JoeWeber's because you tend to agree with it.

Fixed it for you.

Its a blanket statement meant for all - not just the poster you responded to.

3 hours ago, Coreece said:

The whole misogyny thing with Palin was more of an after thought.  It didn't even cross my mind until Jakee asked who could've beaten Obama.  And tho misogyny still could've played a role in Palin's case (albeit to a much lesser extent than in Hillary's case) I think your point above was the main reason McCain loss.  It demonstrated a lack of leadership and exposed the possible vulnerability of being grossly manipulated by whoever convinced him that choosing her would be a good idea.

That's what changed it for me.  Even my parents who are Democrats were going to vote for McCaine until she brought him on.  I voted 90% Republican at that time.

11 hours ago, Coreece said:

And when you start reading all of those, you probably start laughing if you're anything like me - I mean it's hilarious. 

Woohoo! I’m on page 1 in both threads!

that said, in general in forums (and FB), anger for me comes when I take something personally. When I post something, I try to make it clear it’s my opinion, and I try to make it clear there’s a lot of variation. So I just don’t post things like “conservatives all want to return us to the 19th century.” That’s in part because I tend to take things said to me personally, and react to them as though the writer actually meant it that way, and that’s usually wrong. I’m just not that important — when someone is talking to me, it’s probably still about them, and not me .

Wendy P.