1 1
outdoorjen

Fall rate in freeflying

Question

I have ~300 RW/belly jumps and am doing a big tunnel push this winter (~12hrs) to get into freeflying. I am short and muscular, very 'compact', so for belly, I had to buy a very slow suit in order to give me a more comfortable range. As I have become more skilled, my range has gotten even bigger, but the suit was key.

My question is how does suit speed factor in for freeflying? I want to buy a suit before all my tunnel time, but I want a suit mainly for sky as I don't like the tunnel and I don't like jumping in street clothes. Will I want a slower freefly suit as well? What should I look for in a freefly suit? Cost not a factor.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

I would encourage you to speak with a suit manufacturer directly.

I have experience with Tonysuits and Flitesuits and it would appear that Tony is focused on wingsuits these days, but that doesn't mean they won't break out some old patterns to help..Flitesuits broke out an old balloon suit pattern when I wanted it for tandem instruction.