2 2
yobnoc

Q

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

As it pertained to what I wrote

That's your definition of truth? At the end of the day your bitch is that the election was stolen from Trump. Why not take some time off from patting your back over food bank work and give us the proof? If it's true, Ron, there is proof. It's not something you just know is true that feels oh, so good, it's something with evidence you can show. But you can't, can you? Truly there is nothing there but what you need to believe. The thing is that it isn't benign. It's a very bad thing that people believe things without proof. 

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

As it pertained to what I wrote, I think so.

I mean, c'mon Ron...I'm certain you'd find a welcome reception if you just outright said "Hey guys, turns out I was hoodwinked by some bullshit that was conjured up to cater to my deep-seated fears that stem from latent racism which was likely ingrained in me from my youth due to the times I grew up in."  

It. Was. All. Bullshit.  The whole time.  We all knew it, and now you know too.  As painful as it is to run into this metaphorical wall, it's time to admit that you got played.  

42 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

"Hey guys, turns out I was hoodwinked by some bullshit that was conjured up to cater to my deep-seated fears that stem from latent racism which was likely ingrained in me from my youth due to the times I grew up in."  

Have you ever seen insight from Ron before?

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That's your definition of truth? At the end of the day your bitch is that the election was stolen from Trump. Why not take some time off from patting your back over food bank work and give us the proof? If it's true, Ron, there is proof. It's not something you just know is true that feels oh, so good, it's something with evidence you can show. But you can't, can you? Truly there is nothing there but what you need to believe. The thing is that it isn't benign. It's a very bad thing that people believe things without proof. 

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

16 hours ago, yobnoc said:

I mean, c'mon Ron...I'm certain you'd find a welcome reception if you just outright said "Hey guys, turns out I was hoodwinked by some bullshit that was conjured up to cater to my deep-seated fears that stem from latent racism which was likely ingrained in me from my youth due to the times I grew up in."  

It. Was. All. Bullshit.  The whole time.  We all knew it, and now you know too.  As painful as it is to run into this metaphorical wall, it's time to admit that you got played.  

I look for things to keep me occupied until the big event. Q keep occupied, excited, and fascinated for almost three years. I thank God that He gave me that blessing. Now I will look for something else.

Along the same lines, when I got saved I asked the Lord to make it possible for me to earn my Gold Wings. He allowed me to earn Gold, Diamond and Double Diamond. Of my 3,078 jumps I paid for about 300. I thank God for that blessing as well.

When you learn how to expand and elevate your consciousness life becomes more dynamic and blessings flow. IOW, things tend to happen for you instead of to you.

25 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Along the same lines, when I got saved I asked the Lord to make it possible for me to earn my Gold Wings. He allowed me to earn Gold, Diamond and Double Diamond. Of my 3,078 jumps I paid for about 300. I thank God for that blessing as well.

Don't forget to thank God for blessing you with a new president.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I look for things to keep me occupied until the big event. Q keep occupied, excited, and fascinated for almost three years. I thank God that He gave me that blessing. Now I will look for something else...

Funny how being conned for almost 3 years is a 'blessing'.

Other folks don't share your positivity.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/paulmcleod/qanon-faithful-biden-inaguration?fbclid=IwAR0t03xtV7bmNgj_FsQ3n_BvdiMeWfPpyUFjIns1Fvk0n1AnDRmICEIftPU

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-55746304

From the Buzzfeed article (first link):

On Wednesday, when it became clear those bombshells were duds, they lashed out at Powell and others like Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn, and lawyer and conspiracy theorist Lin Wood. “Fuck rudy, flynn, powell, lin, and everybody else that gave us false hope,” said one exasperated poster.

One person bluntly summed it up as “our own grifters fucked us.”

Those folks see that they've been conned.
Finally.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Funny how being conned for almost 3 years is a 'blessing'.

Other folks don't share your positivity.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/paulmcleod/qanon-faithful-biden-inaguration?fbclid=IwAR0t03xtV7bmNgj_FsQ3n_BvdiMeWfPpyUFjIns1Fvk0n1AnDRmICEIftPU

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-55746304

From the Buzzfeed article (first link):

Those folks see that they've been conned.
Finally.

Hi Joe,

Only until the next conman comes along to con them once again.

Jerry Baumchen

That con man got them to feeling important and valuable.

Maybe there's something to be learned there. No, not that old white guys need to be more important and valuable than anyone else, just that most people want to feel important and valuable. It's how wars and crises bring us together. It'd be nice if we could do it without a war or crisis.

Wendy P.

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Maybe there's something to be learned there. No, not that old white guys need to be more important and valuable than anyone else, just that most people want to feel important and valuable. It's how wars and crises bring us together. It'd be nice if we could do it without a war or crisis.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

Re:  'That con man got them to feeling important and valuable.'

However, in the end, it all goes away.

Ever see the movie or read the book AWAKENINGS?

Awakenings - Wikipedia

Jerry Baumchen

Both. The thing is, there are a lot of people who feel that way. Just telling them they suck isn't going to help, any more than just telling the Palestinians that they suck is working in Israel, or any of the other places where large groups of people are being marginalized.

Wendy p.

58 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Both. The thing is, there are a lot of people who feel that way. Just telling them they suck isn't going to help, any more than just telling the Palestinians that they suck is working in Israel, or any of the other places where large groups of people are being marginalized.

Wendy p.

????????????????? Ron is part of a marginalized group like Palestinians? Surely you jest, or I misunderstand.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

I sincerely doubt that. Q believers are a product of marketing, no more. A percentage of humans are wired to believe. Just like fat people grabbing an Almond Joy because they get two healthy nuts that make it possible to ignore all of the rest of the crap they are swallowing, so goes the lives of the credulous. They believe because they need to believe. It only takes a thin reason and the planted belief that they are in on the secret to bend them to the will of their manipulators.

I  think what I’m saying is that this group feels marginalized. That’s partly because they’re no longer as important as they used to be (bigger pond and all that), but this feeling of marginalization contributes to the ugliness. 
Any volunteer organization knows that you want to make your volunteers feel useful, generally even if they aren’t that useful, because either they have contacts who might be, or they might donate, or they help to build good will. 
I do think that engagement would be better than marginalization. 
And remember feelings belong to the feeler, not to the judge. 
Wendy P. 

9 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I  think what I’m saying is that this group feels marginalized. That’s partly because they’re no longer as important as they used to be (bigger pond and all that), but this feeling of marginalization contributes to the ugliness. 
Any volunteer organization knows that you want to make your volunteers feel useful, generally even if they aren’t that useful, because either they have contacts who might be, or they might donate, or they help to build good will. 
I do think that engagement would be better than marginalization. 
And remember feelings belong to the feeler, not to the judge. 
Wendy P. 

Honestly, I feel like feeling for groups that we feel feel marginalized like the Q group is way over done. It's just as easy, or easier, to see the selfish agenda behind their actions than it is to believe they're just poor souls lost in a sea of societal changes. I'll spend my soft spot moments feeling for the groups they've been hammering like the LBGTQ and hard working immigrant communities.

6 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I look for things to keep me occupied until the big event. Q keep occupied, excited, and fascinated for almost three years. I thank God that He gave me that blessing. Now I will look for something else.

When you learn how to expand and elevate your consciousness life becomes more dynamic and blessings flow. IOW, things tend to happen for you instead of to you.

So the issue I have with this response is that it seems like you're saying the Q(uackery) was like your version of professional wrestling; it was entertaining, so who cares if it's all fakery?  But you're failing to acknowledge and come to terms with it being actually fake.  I don't know a single person who thinks that WWE is real - they're content to say "Ok, well, it might be staged but hey those guys do get real banged up in the process." But they don't live their lives, alienate their communities, shoot up pizza parlors, or storm the Capitol based on the fantasies that entertain them. 

You completely lost me (and I'm pretty sure the entire room) when you tried to link this to how you got a bunch of free jumps.  There's no connection there, but maybe that's just a side-effect of your credulity in making nonsense connections, similar to the Q crap. 

As for your last line, you should know what a "deepity" is in your line of work.  It's basically baffling with bullshit, in case this is a new term for you.  Life is dynamic.  "Expand and elevate your consciousness" is a catchy buzzword way of saying you think you've got some secret the rest of us don't have, but you're going to be super duper vague to the point where you're saying nothing at all.  And whether things happen for you or to you is a simple mindset change in positive thinking.  No mystery to it, Ron.  You might have those "double diamond" wings, but your philosophy is "bar napkin" at best.

• Like 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The big problem with that is what they feel is marginalizing them. Too many of them feel marginalized by BLM supporters and immigrants who are "not the best Mexico has to offer". And dirty Sharia law believers.  So much of their angst has been built on hatred. Feeling "marginalized" is no excuse. Following Trump and his band of racists is something that the majority choose not do do. Including many people who have every reason to feel marginalized. Those people have chosen their path based on their prejudices. No one in America is so marginalized that their only option is Trump. America is a rich nation and even it's white trash have full bellies and roofs over their heads.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

The big problem with that is what they feel is marginalizing them. Too many of them feel marginalized by BLM supporters and immigrants who are "not the best Mexico has to offer". And dirty Sharia law believers.  So much of their angst has been built on hatred. Feeling "marginalized" is no excuse. Following Trump and his band of racists is something that the majority choose not do do. Including many people who have every reason to feel marginalized. Those people have chosen their path based on their prejudices. No one in America is so marginalized that their only option is Trump. America is a rich nation and even it's white trash have full bellies and roofs over their heads.

I completely agree. I'm not saying they're right, just that they're here. One generally executes a project with the team one is assigned, not the dream team. So it's best to scope the project to what can be executed with the available resources (not the dream team), and to use all of those resources appropriately. And you get the best performance from most people by helping them to feel (yes, feel) valued. For some it's money, for some it's simply the pleasure of getting to do what they're doing, for some it's authority, etc.

No, we can't reward people's desire to feel superior to others; that's kind of a non-starter. But finding another motivator might be a good thing.

Wendy P.

14 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

No, we can't reward people's desire to feel superior to others; that's kind of a non-starter. But finding another motivator might be a good thing.

I suppose the traditional way of dealing with that problem is to have leadership which discourages it instead of the opposite.

Yeah, for the last four years there has been a leader which has encouraged this fairly human emotion. People on the left like to feel superior, too. I like to feel superior -- but I generally try to keep actually stating it to myself :halo:. Because, well, every single person out there is better at something than I am, and generally at lots of somethings.

What the leadership has to do is lay out a set of goals that lets people build towards them; one of the goals shouldn't be "owning the opposition," as it has been among a whole lot of people. Just consider the people here who read things just so they can bolster their position, rather than to educate themselves (there's a huge difference).

Wendy P.

34 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I completely agree. I'm not saying they're right, just that they're here. One generally executes a project with the team one is assigned, not the dream team. So it's best to scope the project to what can be executed with the available resources (not the dream team), and to use all of those resources appropriately. And you get the best performance from most people by helping them to feel (yes, feel) valued. For some it's money, for some it's simply the pleasure of getting to do what they're doing, for some it's authority, etc.

Wendy P.

I'm not quite to the position where I see fixing the current political and societal divide as analogous to a corporate team building exercise. The republicans are past masters at fleecing well meaning democrats. On day one they were already proposing the D's relinquish certain powers and put unity before their policies. And all of the deluded conspiracy theorists, by and large, are still deluded conspiracy theorists. I, for one, have no intention of wearing a tin foil hat to demonstrate my happy go lucky desire to get along. I say screw them all as they did us and accept the reality that in 2 years we may not hold the senate or house and Kamala Harris may be president. We need to get while the getting is good. No quarter and no pretense of quarter, either.