2 2
yobnoc

Q

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So I ask again - what exactly does it take to get on my bad side?

Why are you having so much trouble with this?

Being a minority in sexuality. Duh. Seriously, what do you think you are achieving by pretending to be too stupid to understand that?

By the way, why are you having so much trouble explaining why you disagree with the gay lifestyle?

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

By the way, why are you having so much trouble explaining why you disagree with the gay lifestyle?

Since I was the first person to ask what his objection to certain "lifestyle choices" was, I have given some thought to the meaning of the phrase as it is used currently. The culture warriors have pretty much learned to accept homosexuality and gay marriage. The battle has moved on. It is now bathroom wars and society struggling to deal with people choosing their gender identity based on what they would like it to be. So I will just ask, is this what you mean by "lifestyle choices you don't agree with"?

10 minutes ago, jakee said:

Being a minority in sexuality. Duh. Seriously, what do you think you are achieving by pretending to be too stupid to understand that?

Those two things have nothing to do with my question.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Since I was the first person to ask what his objection to certain "lifestyle choices" was, I have given some thought to the meaning of the phrase as it is used currently. The culture warriors have pretty much learned to accept homosexuality and gay marriage. The battle has moved on. It is now bathroom wars and society struggling to deal with people choosing their gender identity based on what they would like it to be. So I will just ask, is this what you mean by "lifestyle choices you don't agree with"?

Not really. 

The lifestyle that I don't agree with is not all encompassing. As stated, the word "some" was used.

Here is the rub.  If I state specifically what I disagree with - no matter what my answer is - its fuel for being labeled a homophobe here.  So, it is not going to be ingratiated very much by me.

I'll ask you this, though to perhaps help you see where I am coming from.

Do you agree with a lifestyle of drug use? (By agree, I mean would you practice this lifestyle?)

17 minutes ago, jakee said:

I wrote it.  I understand it perfectly.  I know exactly what I meant.

Please kindly tell me what, exactly, it takes to get on my bad side.

YOU wrote that.  I would like to know.

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Here is the rub.  If I state specifically what I disagree with - no matter what my answer is - its fuel for being labeled a homophobe here.  So, it is not going to be ingratiated very much by me.

Then why did you state that you object to certain lifestyles? You lit the fire yourself. All you are really saying here is that you have feelings that you can't justify. You want to, but you know you can't.

23 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Do you agree with a lifestyle of drug use? (By agree, I mean would you practice this lifestyle?)

I have. I don't anymore, except for whiskey which is drug use. I'm okay with people using drugs unless their use is harmful to themselves or others. But your analogy breaks down when you consider that drugs can be harmful, sex is just sex.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Those two things have nothing to do with my question.

What on earth are you talking about? To sum up the last couple of exchanges:

Turtle: What does it take to get on my bad side?

Me: Being a minority sexuality.

Turtle: Why won't you answer the question!!??!!

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Not really. 

Look, I can understand why you're embarrassed at having said it, but refusing to either explain or withdraw it is only making things worse.

The lifestyle that I don't agree with is not all encompassing. As stated, the word "some" was used.

When was the word 'some' used? It wasn't used when you said you disagreed with the gay lifestyle. The statement you made was all encompassing, and since you refuse to explain it then what else do we have to go by?

The fact that you think your opinion will make you sound more like a homophobe if you explain it should really make you stop and think about whether you are in fact a homophobe, no? (And by the way, ingratiated does not mean what you think it means.)

Why would you think it's a good idea right now to compare being gay to habitual drug use? Do you really think that's going to help your cause?

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Please kindly tell me what, exactly, it takes to get on my bad side.

YOU wrote that.  I would like to know.

See the above post. It was obvious from the first post, and I have since directly, explicitly, unmistakeably and unmisunderstandably clarified exactly what I meant. The only way you could possibly not know what I meant is if you have just suffered a stroke rendering you incapable of understanding certain parts of the english language. I've played your game, I've answered your question, now stop fucking about. 

By the way, I'd still like to know why you disagree with the gay lifestyle. YOU wrote that. Why?

1 hour ago, jakee said:

What on earth are you talking about? To sum up the last couple of exchanges:

Turtle: What does it take to get on my bad side?

Me: Being a minority sexuality.

Turtle: Why won't you answer the question!!??!!

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Look, I can understand why you're embarrassed at having said it, but refusing to either explain or withdraw it is only making things worse.

When was the word 'some' used? It wasn't used when you said you disagreed with the gay lifestyle. The statement you made was all encompassing, and since you refuse to explain it then what else do we have to go by?

The fact that you think your opinion will make you sound more like a homophobe if you explain it should really make you stop and think about whether you are in fact a homophobe, no? (And by the way, ingratiated does not mean what you think it means.)

Why would you think it's a good idea right now to compare being gay to habitual drug use? Do you really think that's going to help your cause?

I'm still surprised at the number of people, in this time of history, still insist on "believing" that being gay is a choice and a lifestyle.

12 hours ago, normiss said:

I'm still surprised at the number of people, in this time of history, still insist on "believing" that being gay is a choice and a lifestyle.

I’ve lost track of this particles point, but I kind of thought it started off with Jakee giving Turtle a backhanded compliment (better than being on your bad side or words to that effect) Which when you read Turtles reply at the time, it was like he said being Q would get you on his good side...

Seems like a lot of bytes have been used to convey nothing :)

6 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I’ve lost track of this particles point, but I kind of thought it started off with Jakee giving Turtle a backhanded compliment (better than being on your bad side or words to that effect) Which when you read Turtles reply at the time, it was like he said being Q would get you on his good side...

Seems like a lot of bytes have been used to convey nothing :)

I made a smart assed comment to Joe Webber.  Then a reply came back saying it was better than what it took to be on my bad side. I asked what that was, exactly.  It took several posts for an explanation to come forth. Then it was touted as "obvious".

Post #62:  In response to "There could also be a chance he's referring to the 'Q' in LGBTQ."

Joe Weber wrote "Holy Crap! You nailed it, man. That's it. 

Ron, you are good with us, no judgment. We've got your back........."

Edited Friday at 05:43 PM by JoeWeber

Post #63: I wrote a smart assed reply: "Wow - so all it takes to get on your side is to be a minority in sexuality?"

Post #65: Jakee wrote: "Better than it being all it takes to get on your bad side."

Post #66: I wrote: "What is that, exactly?"

Post #67: Jakee wrote:"What is what,exactly?" (Pretending that he didn't understand the question, or deliberately playing dumb.)

Post #68: I suggested that he go back and look at his own post. :: "Scroll up to where you made a statement.  Its not far.

It starts with "Better than"

I'm asking what it takes, exactly."

Post #68: Jakee states that it is the thing he is quoting in that post.  He then wants to know how I got confused.

Post #69: I wrote :  "I'm not confused - 

Above (quoted) is what you typed. ( I quoted exactly what he stated which was, " Better than it being all it takes to get on your bad side.")So, since I figured he was having issues, I asked "What is it exactly that it takes to get on my bad side?"

(Then I asked him how he could still be misunderstanding the question) How could you possibly have not understood the question?

I think I finally received and answer that he still thinks that I hate homosexuals.

15 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It took several posts for an explanation to come forth. Then it was touted as "obvious".

You got an explanation immediately, and it was obvious. What else could I possibly have been referring to?

By the way, it's been more than a few posts for an explanation to come forth from you - why do you disagree with the gay lifestyle?

I think I finally received and answer that he still thinks that I hate homosexuals.

You are the only person here who thinks that disagreeing with someone or something means you hate it. Just because you constantly accuse others of hate doesn't mean others are accusing you of it just because they've called oyu on your prejudice.

25 minutes ago, jakee said:

You got an explanation immediately, and it was obvious. What else could I possibly have been referring to?

I asked a question in post #66 asking what you meant.

Please show me what post # you finally answered that question in, and define "immediately", please. 

10 minutes ago, normiss said:

Interesting that this god would choose American politics as his favorite. Given we didn't exist when all the nonsense started. Didn't America start over religious resistance to a government anyway?

Same god who let his "chosen people" endure the Nazi Holocaust.  I think we can safely say that god doesn't involve himself in human affairs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I asked a question in post #66 asking what you meant.

Please show me what post # you finally answered that question in, and define "immediately", please. 

The post after you clarified what your question was. One post is immediate. You asked a question, I answered it. Several times. Which is is the exact opposite of how you are behaving.

Why do you disagree with the gay lifestyle? 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Nobody could understand your question. Everybody else knew what was meant.

You claim that NOBODY could understand this question::

Post #65: Jakee wrote: "Better than it being all it takes to get on your bad side."

Post #66: I wrote: "What is that, exactly?

And EVERYBODY knew what was meant.

Uh huh.

Then why did Jakee just admit that he didn't understand the question?

Why did he ask "What is what, exactly?"

Edited by turtlespeed

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

So you admit that you couldn't understand the question.  Got it.

That makes no sense whatsoever. As I said, I played your game and I answered your question. Several times, with unmistakeable clarity. Now do you want to behave like a grownup and answer one of my questions, or do you want to keep fucking about with the schoolyard nonsense?