2 2
yobnoc

Q

59 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

What will happen when unreasonable liberals confront hardcore true believers?

SHTF maybe?

Are you salivating? Will you need permission to kill "unreasonable liberals" like you did those unreasonable communists? Don't worry gramps, when you start waving your pistol at us we'll all just line up and march to the pits.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

What will happen when unreasonable liberals confront hardcore true believers?

SHTF maybe?

I would expect a number of "hardcore true believers" (whatever the hell is that?) to end up in jail.

With a quickness. So maybe SHTF for them, sure.

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Are you salivating? Will you need permission to kill "unreasonable liberals" like you did those unreasonable communists? Don't worry gramps, when you start waving your pistol at us we'll all just line up and march to the pits.

When you organize your life around worshiping weapons and planning for the day when you get to shoot your enemies down it becomes exciting to imagine the glories of conflict. The unreasonables? Just another worthless group of subhuman "savages" to be executed in God's name.

Inshallah

Edited by gowlerk

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

When you organize your life around worshiping weapons and planning for the day when you get to shoot your enemies down it becomes exciting to imagine the glories of conflict. The unreasonables? Just another worthless group of subhuman "savages" to be executed in God's name.

Inshallah

It is that type of response that makes me quite literally hate the duplicity of the religious. Jesus is love is love, turn the other cheek, blah, blah, blah.

Its all a bunch of bullshit, so that they can blame their god or devil, but take no personal responsibility for their actions...

They are driven by fear, hiding under their beds, scared of the shadows 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

turn the other cheek, blah, blah, blah.

What's neat about that one is when an atheist preaches it right after "slapping" you in your face as if they can just get away with it.  To them I turn my other butt cheek if they'd like to kiss my ass.   Does that count?

19 minutes ago, Coreece said:

What's neat about that one is when an atheist preaches it right after "slapping" you in your face as if they can just get away with it.

If you don't claim to be told to do it by an omnipotent being then yeah, you can get away with it.

To them I turn my other butt cheek if they'd like to kiss my ass.   Does that count?

If the saying was to turn the other cheek to people who are being nice to you and screw everyone else it wouldn't be much of a lesson, would it?

(edited)
16 minutes ago, jakee said:

If the saying was to turn the other cheek to people who are being nice to you and screw everyone else it wouldn't be much of a lesson, would it?

That's very much true, and I believe in the past I've pointed to other parts of scripture that conveyed a similar line of thought.  Having said that, I didn't say everyone else.  There just seems to be something special about atheists that deliberately do that just because scripture said that. 

Stuff like that takes a little longer to adapt to - for me anyway.  Like I said, it's a process.

Edited by Coreece

55 minutes ago, Coreece said:

What's neat about that one is when an atheist preaches it right after "slapping" you in your face as if they can just get away with it.  To them I turn my other butt cheek if they'd like to kiss my ass.   Does that count?

Well many of the people who “preach” that shit, also believe that without god it’s impossible to have a moral compass. 

I take it you are fully behind the idea that liberals should be shot?

Anyway in the story of Jesus he turned the other cheek despite being nailed to a cross by atheists. Pity they didn’t slap him in the face I stead hey?

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:

It is that type of response that makes me quite literally hate the duplicity of the religious. Jesus is love is love, turn the other cheek, blah, blah, blah.

Its all a bunch of bullshit, so that they can blame their god or devil, but take no personal responsibility for their actions...

Um, you might have attacked an honest heathen. 

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

What's neat about that one is when an atheist preaches it right after "slapping" you in your face as if they can just get away with it. 

I find that religious types are far more likely to slap you in the face, go to confession, and then tout how morally righteous they are - not like those atheist hypocrites!

To them I turn my other butt cheek if they'd like to kiss my ass.   Does that count?

Nope.  

2 hours ago, nigel99 said:

The good news is that Ron is part of a relatively small sub type of religious people. There is an element of hypocrisy in nearly all religious behaviours and beliefs. But few rise to the level of the hill people hiding out in northern Georgia waiting for the glory of the coming race war. It is kind of sickening to think about it though. That’s why I don’t. 

30 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The good news is that Ron is part of a relatively small sub type of religious people. There is an element of hypocrisy in nearly all religious behaviours and beliefs. But few rise to the level of the hill people hiding out in northern Georgia waiting for the glory of the coming race war. It is kind of sickening to think about it though. That’s why I don’t. 

Yes you do, just as I do. I have black and red presents in my stocking for calling Ron d---------. But he is. And others here have subsequently noted the same in more acceptable ways. Whatever. 

Oh, this old world
Keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
Ain't layin' down
There comes a time

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Yes you do, just as I do. I have black and red presents in my stocking for calling Ron d---------. But he is. And others here have subsequently noted the same in more acceptable ways. Whatever. 

Oh, this old world
Keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
Ain't layin' down
There comes a time

Keep on rockin' in the free world...

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I find that religious types are far more likely to slap you in the face, go to confession, and then tout how morally righteous they are - not like those atheist hypocrites!

Nope.  

It is by no means limited to them, but scapegoating tends to go along with higher beings.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Coreece,

I know that you have it in for us atheists, but that IMO is a pretty dumb statement.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

I'm stuck on the atheists preaching part.

I's kind of sad when ignorance is funny.

Mark

6 minutes ago, normiss said:
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Coreece,

I know that you have it in for us atheists, but that IMO is a pretty dumb statement.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

I'm stuck on the atheists preaching part.

I's kind of sad when ignorance is funny.

Mark

Ya, they even have churches now.

51 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Well, sure, I want my club/church to be a tax deduction, too.  Although I no longer attend the "Church of the Repeated Ascension" since my shoulder went bad.

1% bikers, the full outlaw bikers, refer to their clubhouses and meetings as church.

They, like any atheist I've ever known, never use the description as preaching.