1 1
yobnoc

Q

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

FTR as a Christian I have been employed as Substance Use Disorder Counselor, Crisis Intervention Counselor, and for a period of time in private practice as a Christian Counselor.

Substituting one substance abuse for another is not really dealing with the problem. Sorry but if you really believe the stuff you post here, you’ve got a major disconnect with reality. 
I have seen so called ‘christian’ counselling cause major damage to people, mental health issues need to be dealt with by trained professionals. And before Coreece and co, get their noses bent out of shape, my experience is with Christians. I’m sure other religions have their fair share...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, having a Christian counselor makes sense to me. One should shop for one's therapist, and find one who's consistent with one's world view. If you view the world through a Christian lens, then you want one who will use those tools. OTOH, if you find one who just doubles down on crap ("hell yeah your wife is subordinate") then it's a disservice. But there are assholes in every place; consider the therapists who manipulate and/or sleep with their patients.

Wendy P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Substituting one substance abuse for another is not really dealing with the problem. Sorry but if you really believe the stuff you post here, you’ve got a major disconnect with reality. 
I have seen so called ‘christian’ counselling cause major damage to people, mental health issues need to be dealt with by trained professionals. And before Coreece and co, get their noses bent out of shape, my experience is with Christians. I’m sure other religions have their fair share...

It can have uncertain results, that's sure. I have a sister whose newly born again friends persuaded her to try AA. She went from a funny sort to have a drink with to completely intolerable on every occasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 7:19 AM, nigel99 said:

I have seen so called ‘christian’ counselling cause major damage to people, mental health issues need to be dealt with by trained professionals.

If there is a medical issue that's causing mental problems then ya, see a shrink for your prescription - but still,  20% of psychiatrists have been sued for malpractice.  Many are for suicides committed under the doctor's care, while others are due to the 10% of psychiatrists engaging in unethical sexual behavior/misconduct with their patients.

 

On 3/23/2020 at 7:19 AM, nigel99 said:

And before Coreece and co, get their noses bent out of shape, my experience is with Christians.

You're right, merely anecdotal.

Nothing to see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Coreece said:

If there is a medical issue that's causing mental problems then ya, see a shrink for your prescription - but still,  20% of psychiatrists have been sued for malpractice.  Many are for suicides committed under the doctor's care, while others are due to the 10% of psychiatrists engaging in unethical sexual behavior/misconduct with their patients.

 

You're right, merely anecdotal.

Nothing to see here.

Except many don’t do they? They attribute it to demons, or generational curses instead of telling their flock, hey go see a Dr.

As for sexual malpractice, you obviously haven’t heard many jokes about catholic priests have you?

But at the core of the problem is human belief. Especially when people are told to or choose to ‘believe’ without question. It’s a fascinating topic, anti vacs people will ignore science because of a belief, people believe in UFOs being hidden in Area 51 the list is endless.

Q falls firmly into this category. Gullible people, not willing to question or research. The flood of Coronavirus stories, which are true and which are fake? Critical thinking and research are crucial skills that most of us lack, and with the flow of information I don’t even know how you avoid the more subtle ‘stories’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, billvon said:
21 hours ago, Coreece said:

If there is a medical issue that's causing mental problems then ya, see a shrink for your prescription

Mental health is a medical issue.

All I'm saying is that if it's a medical problem, then see a medical doctor.

Depression caused by a chemical imbalance would typically require lab tests and a doctor's prescription.

Depression caused by life's little miseries is normal and is typically resolved without seeking medical attention.

 

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:
21 hours ago, Coreece said:

If there is a medical issue that's causing mental problems then ya, see a shrink for your prescription

Except many don’t do they?

Yes, the vast majority of christians seek medical attention for medical issues.

I suppose it's hard to see that when one's chronic hatred continually obstructs their  limited worldview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

All I'm saying is that if it's a medical problem, then see a medical doctor.

Depression caused by a chemical imbalance would typically require lab tests and a doctor's prescription.

Depression caused by life's little miseries is normal and is typically resolved without seeking medical attention.

 

Yes, the vast majority of christians seek medical attention for medical issues.

I suppose it's hard to see that when one's chronic hatred continually obstructs their  limited worldview.

My mother posted on Facebook (technically reposted)

’To all you people stocking up on hand sanitiser, without Jesus it is not going to save you’ 

.There are plenty of religious people looking to Jesus to save them from this, my mother included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coreece said:

All I'm saying is that if it's a medical problem, then see a medical doctor.

Depression is a medical problem; psychiatrists are medical doctors.  So it all works out.

Quote

 

Depression caused by a chemical imbalance would typically require lab tests and a doctor's prescription.

Depression caused by life's little miseries is normal and is typically resolved without seeking medical attention.

 


No, depression is not "normal."  The deplorable attitude that (for example) losing your family to illness, and then entering a depression, is normal and can be resolved by simply getting over "life's little miseries" leads to a lot of serious problems (including suicide.)  It is one of the reasons that we have the sort of mental health problems in this country that we do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billvon said:
Quote

Depression caused by a chemical imbalance would typically require lab tests and a doctor's prescription.

Depression caused by life's little miseries is normal and is typically resolved without seeking medical attention.

 


No, depression is not "normal."  The deplorable attitude that (for example) losing your family to illness, and then entering a depression, is normal and can be resolved by simply getting over "life's little miseries" leads to a lot of serious problems (including suicide.) 

There is a difference between clinical depression and periods of depression caused by loss.  If you don't feel a bit depressed after losing a loved one, then you're probably a deplorable in need of medical attention.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm curious how the "Coronavirus Hoax" is working out for the Patriots that are in control.

Ron, any insight?

Patriots are in control.

As for the rest of you people trying opine regarding Christian faith, psychiatric medicine, clinical depression, dysthmia, or just plain saddness you are all over the place in subject matter. Coreece is being very patient and polite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Patriots are in control.

As for the rest of you people trying opine regarding Christian faith, psychiatric medicine, clinical depression, dysthmia, or just plain saddness you are all over the place in subject matter. Coreece is being very patient and polite.

All the rest aside - this is a Q thread - 

Is this what they meant by Unstoppable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump is the lead Q, is he not?

Image result for trump violin tweet

It is my understanding that Q is a separate team that works in compliment with POTUS. If President Trump comments on a Q drop it is believed that he signs it Q+. I have not seen that in quite some time.

It is my understanding this meme refers to "the Storm" and "the Great Awakening." It has nothing to do with Covid-19. I have not seen a Q drop relating to Covid-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

It is my understanding that Q is a separate team that works in compliment with POTUS. If President Trump comments on a Q drop it is believed that he signs it Q+. I have not seen that in quite some time.

It is my understanding this meme refers to "the Storm" and "the Great Awakening." It has nothing to do with Covid-19. I have not seen a Q drop relating to Covid-19.

This is a Covid-19 related post from Q.

SC would not allow the Q post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1