2 2
yobnoc

Q

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

As Andy9o8 instructed me many years ago, if the First Amendment doesn't allow a form of speech you don't like it doesn't mean anything.

Should I be allowed to construct a large "VOTE FOR BIDEN" sign in your front yard?

As Andy9o8 instructed me many years ago, if the First Amendment doesn't allow a form of speech you don't like it doesn't mean anything.

"No Safe Spaces" a newly released movie by Dennis Praeger. I think we all need to watch it.

Andy9o8 needed to instruct you? Are you unable to sort anything out on your own? Sure seems like it.

"No Safe Spaces" a newly released movie by Dennis Praeger. I think we all need to watch it.

You misunderstood Andy's message. Probably deliberately.

How are you still not getting this?

Bill tried to explain it previously. The first amendment doesn't apply on Twitter. It doesn't apply on facebook. It doesn't apply on dz.com. It doesn't apply in an individuals home. It doesn't apply in privately owned companies, regardless of if you think it should.

The real headline here is 'Companies uphold their Terms of Use, regardless of the individual. Right wing activists OUTRAGED.'

Your president is such a child that he can't even abide by a set of rules that he agreed to when he started posting on those sites. He's such an egotistical narcissist that he doesn't think rules should apply to him, and he's such a conman that you, Ron, are swallowing his bullshit hook, line and sinker. YOU, who describe yourself regularly as a veteran and patriot, are actively being told that the constitution that you hold so dear and have gone to war for is being broken when it isn't. And you don't even question it.

And you've got the BALLS to call other people sheep.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I understand perfectly what is going on. I understand private enterprise and company rules.

Answer me this, why was a baker not allowed to choose his own customers?

For the same reason the bus company can't tell black people to sit in the back. To your dismay I am sure.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I understand perfectly what is going on. I understand private enterprise and company rules.

OK.

So you never answered my question.  Can I build a "vote for Biden" sign in your yard?  Or if I'm not important enough - can Nancy Pelosi build a "vote democratic" sign in your yard?

I'd be happy to answer your question if you answer mine.

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

OK.

So you never answered my question.  Can I build a "vote for Biden" sign in your yard?  Or if I'm not important enough - can Nancy Pelosi build a "vote democratic" sign in your yard?

I'd be happy to answer your question if you answer mine.

Why sure come on down. I could make a bunch of moola off of that exercise. 

11 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I can't give away the secrets of my business model. You have to pay to play. If you want to enter negotiations make an initial offer.

Ah, so no free speech unless you pay!  I believe the Internet uses a similar model.

Congratulations, you are a capitalist just like Facebook.

Meanwhile, back to your question:

I think bakers should be able to bake whatever cakes he wants for whoever he wants.  But if he discriminates against specific classes of people (veterans, the disabled, blacks, pregnant women, age, sexual orientation) then he's going to see trouble.

Don't like veterans?  That's fine; say you won't bake any military themed cakes.  No worries at all.  But if you are willing to bake a plain cake for someone, but you won't bake exactly the same cake for a veteran, then you might just end up in court.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Ah, so no free speech unless you pay!  I believe the Internet uses a similar model.

Congratulations, you are a capitalist just like Facebook.

Meanwhile, back to your question:

I think bakers should be able to bake whatever cakes he wants for whoever he wants.  But if he discriminates against specific classes of people (veterans, the disabled, blacks, pregnant women, age, sexual orientation) then he's going to see trouble.

Don't like veterans?  That's fine; say you won't bake any military themed cakes.  No worries at all.  But if you are willing to bake a plain cake for someone, but you won't bake exactly the same cake for a veteran, then you might just end up in court.

Well, it appears that President Trump has some grounds for a discrimination suit against Twitter. They allow free access to his opponents, don't they.

11 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Well, it appears that President Trump has some grounds for a discrimination suit against Twitter. They allow free access to his opponents, don't they.

If his opponents post stuff that’s against the terms of service, they don’t get free access, either. Until it became egregious and frequent, as a head of state he got to publish actual falsehoods; but they have to be actually false or dangerous (according to standard medical practice, as set by doctors educated in relevant branches of medicine, for example) in order to be not put in from the President. 
Or should he be able to post things like “Dr Zelenko has 100% cure rate on 350 patients” when it’s not actually true (according to other people in the same city he practices in, and btw Dr Zelenko was advocating something weird)”
Wendy P. 

35 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

They allow Biden and the Dems the exact same amount of free access that they allow Trump.

It’s not Twitter’s fault that only one side respects the terms of service.

58 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Good to see you still don't understand. Wouldn't expect any actual learning to take place.

1 minute ago, headoverheels said:

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

I guess Ron thinks Republicans need to be a protected class. I guess when they call Democrats snowflakes, they really are projecting.

I wonder if Ron has even been able to give some thought to how he feels about Trump using a medication developed with the use of aborted fetuses. You'd think that while pulling guard duty in the Appalachians he has some time to think and reflect. 

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

You should be pleased that they are helping politicians keep in line with Exodus 23 (1), Proverbs 19 (9), Mark 10 (19), etc.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Well, it appears that President Trump has some grounds for a discrimination suit against Twitter. 

As much grounds as I have for a discrimination suit against you.  You wanted to bar my free speech by demanding I pay money before I was allowed to post my sign in your yard.

They allow free access to his opponents, don't they.

Nope.  His opponents have to follow exactly the same rules he does.  If they post the same misleading posts as he does, they get censored too.

(edited)
3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Still not getting it, I see. 
It has to be deliberate by now.

Edited by yoink

10 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Because discrimination is illegal.

If someone wishes to sell 'to the public', they have to sell to the whole 'public'. 

A baker is permitted to choose to sell or not sell wedding cakes. 
But if that baker chooses to sell wedding cakes, he has to sell wedding cakes to everyone
They cannot say "I'll sell wedding cakes to anyone except black people" or "I'll sell wedding cakes to anyone but Jewish people". 

And all Trump has to do to stay on Twitter is to follow the rules. Those same rules apply to everyone. 
But he's been ignoring rules his ENTIRE LIFE
I don't think he's capable of exercising enough restraint to do that.