2 2
yobnoc

Q

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

And yet all the enthusiasm is on our side and all the hate, anger, and violence is on their side. 

The left has the rioters who loot and burn things, the right has the murderers.

The left advocates for less police brutality, the right advocates for more.

The left wants everyone treated equally, the right wants an endless list of groups - illegal immigrants, transgender people, gay people, black activists - treated as subhumans and denied rights.

The left prefers change through protest, the right prefers change through violence and murder (aka the Boogaloo Boys.)

I am glad I'm not on your side.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

You are right. I don't understand the problem. In my lifetime I have worked for and with black folk. They have been my clients side by side with whites, hispanics, and latinos. I have worshipped with them and socialized with them. Not once, not one time, have I ever had any type of serious conflict with any of those folks.

They mind their business and I mind mine. We even wave at each other on occasion. They even believe in my God no matter that my God don't believe in them. Can't be more sociable than that.

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

They mind their business and I mind mine. We even wave at each other on occasion. They even believe in my God no matter that my God don't believe in them. Can't be more sociable than that.

Ron has used the "I have a black friend" commentary for quite some time. He seems to think it somehow makes people forget the endless supply of racist commentary and statements made by him.

23 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Ron has used the "I have a black friend" commentary for quite some time. He seems to think it somehow makes people forget the endless supply of racist commentary and statements made by him.

For a lot of people it's just a definitional thing with racism, I'm thinking. Sort of like most people don't really dislike spiders they just don't want any in the house.

23 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

And yet all the enthusiasm is on our side and all the hate, anger, and violence is on their side. Go figure.

WWG1WGA

That is a patently false statement.

I'm sure you like to view it that way, but there is some real, true, and damaging racism against blacks, from whites in this country.

There is also some real, true, and damaging racism in the exact opposite order.

I also think its more than the left wants to think about.

39 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

QAnon Is Madness. But Believing In It Can Be Rational.

Eric Levitz makes some good points

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/why-qanon-pandemic-popular-trump.html

WWG1WGA

You realize the article calls it a delusion political belief right? The "rational" part is imagining an evil agent to deal with your own fear.

Edited by SkyDekker

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

QAnon Is Madness. But Believing In It Can Be Rational.

Eric Levitz makes some good points

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/why-qanon-pandemic-popular-trump.html

WWG1WGA

Agreed.  Like this one: 

"Preventing demagogic conspiracists from further degrading U.S. politics will likely require finding effective yet non-repressive ways of regulating major tech platforms."  In other words, there needs to be a way to remove delusions like Qanon from social media without repressing open discussions.  That will be a challenge to be sure.

One of the things I find most amazing about this time in American History is how interchangeable satirical 'news' and 'real' news have become.

This is The Onion. It's satire

https://www.theonion.com/the-onion-s-guide-to-qanon-1844647760?utm_campaign=The Onion&utm_content=1600615740&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0lQbBt_6U62L6wbCP_Mf86-iamaBDrabhCQqSiOMMu_XjnuNQRaJ-1Zu8

8 hours ago, yoink said:

What do you think this means? Because I have no idea. 

Does using square brackets make it secret?

I think it is chemical notation;

1 mole of element Jb reacts with 1 mole of element Kh to form the compound biden harris.

11 minutes ago, okalb said:

Have you ever thought about the fact that this is pretty much the definition of "being a sheep"?

I don’t think that would bother Ron very much. As an evangelical Christian he is part of a flock. You don’t get much more sheeplike than them.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I don’t think that would bother Ron very much. As an evangelical Christian he is part of a flock. You don’t get much more sheeplike than them.

Good point. I hadn't considered that some are proud sheeple. It just amuses me because the Q-cumbers call normal people sheep as an insult. 

56 minutes ago, okalb said:

Good point. I hadn't considered that some are proud sheeple. It just amuses me because the Q-cumbers call normal people sheep as an insult. 

It's only an insult if the 'sheep' are following something the Qcumbers don't like.

If it's something like Trump's white supremacy, the Rs blatant abuses of power, what their preacher tells them to believe or the "Q" nonsense, then 'following the crowd' is good.