2 2
yobnoc

Q

7 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Unfortunately religion and especially Christianity has the insane underlying principle of “faith” and the sheep are actively taught not to question anything.

They prey on the vulnerable and easily manipulated. I’m pretty happy to generalise that most church leaders are predators, especially of the evangelical flavour.

That is maybe your own personal experience.

It isn't true.  I expect you know this but haven't fully realized it yet.

15 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That is maybe your own personal experience.

It isn't true.  I expect you know this but haven't fully realized it yet.

Honestly, I got exposed to a bucket load of Evangelicals growing up. They are the taliban of Christianity. Of course there is a spectrum there always is. On one side of the spectrum will be the genuine loving caring person with altruistic motives. At the other end you get Pat Robertson and the private jet club narcissists. I would say that for evangelicals there is a considerable weighting towards predators.

look at how evangelicals suspend all rational thought to support Trump. A significant proportion of his base are evangelicals. My OPINION is that a large part of that is the church indoctrination in evangelicals. The Mumbo jumbo of god works in mysterious ways etc. 

(edited)

Marjorie Taylor Greene, GOP candidate and Q supporter.

"Greene has repeated and promoted QAnon theories and phrases, praising the mythical Q as a "patriot" in a video from 2017 and describing the conspiracy theory as "something worth listening to and paying attention to." She added, "He is someone that very much loves his country, and he's on the same page as us, and he is very pro-Trump."

QAnon Supporter Who Made Bigoted Videos Wins Ga. Primary, Likely Heading To Congress

Edited by Phil1111

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene, GOP candidate and Q supporter.

"Greene has repeated and promoted QAnon theories and phrases, praising the mythical Q as a "patriot" in a video from 2017 and describing the conspiracy theory as "something worth listening to and paying attention to." She added, "He is someone that very much loves his country, and he's on the same page as us, and he is very pro-Trump."

QAnon Supporter Who Made Bigoted Videos Wins Ga. Primary, Likely Heading To Congress

I read that she has seen the light?

30 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

No. In the article I read she said she no longer thinks Q is credible. 

Got a link for that?

What I found seems to say that she's still a full blown QCumber. 

Funny thing, most of the GOP congresscritters are distancing themselves from her and her racist, extreme conspiracy ideas. 

Of course, Trump is behind her full power. 

If what you say is true, that she's abandoned Q and their crap, that would be funny. As in really hilarious. Ingenious too.
Embrace the idiocy to get the idiots to vote for her in the primary, then dump them to get the moderate votes in the general. 

39 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

No. In the article I read she said she no longer thinks Q is credible. 

NBC news 14 hours ago: "She may have defeated a brain surgeon, but it doesn’t take a medical degree to know that Greene is a quack and a racist. Politico unearthed hours of Facebook videos featuring Greene ranting about Blacks, Muslims and Jews. In other videos, Green proclaimed that “white men are the most mistreated group in America.” In a 2017 video she said, “There’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles out, and I think we have the president to do it.”

Republican Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan endorsed Greene’s campaign, and a PAC associated with Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows funneled thousands of dollars to her campaign. Trump himself even tweeted his support of Greene, calling her a “future Republican Star.”

Who knows with trump and the GOP. Dogwhistles, gaslighting, it all goes with scraping the bottom of the greasy barrel to get every last supporter. The cockroaches are mixed in with the old lard.

44 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Got a link for that?

What I found seems to say that she's still a full blown QCumber. 

Funny thing, most of the GOP congresscritters are distancing themselves from her and her racist, extreme conspiracy ideas. 

Of course, Trump is behind her full power. 

If what you say is true, that she's abandoned Q and their crap, that would be funny. As in really hilarious. Ingenious too.
Embrace the idiocy to get the idiots to vote for her in the primary, then dump them to get the moderate votes in the general. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/marjorie-greene-georgia-gop-says-shes-not-a-qanon-candidate.amp

Don’t crucify me for posting from Fox. I thought I had seen it on the hill (about the only USA news source I read) but a google search turned up the same article I recalled seeing.

18 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/marjorie-greene-georgia-gop-says-shes-not-a-qanon-candidate.amp

Don’t crucify me for posting from Fox. I thought I had seen it on the hill (about the only USA news source I read) but a google search turned up the same article I recalled seeing.

She says she is not a Qanon "candidate" and that she no longer "talks about it". Thats not saying that she no longer believes in it or doesn't follow it. Or doesn't believe in it.

I doubt this zebra is changing her stripes anytime soon. "On social media, many QAnon supporters expressed elation at Greene’s victory, viewing it as a coup for the cause. They were further emboldened by a tweet on Wednesday from President Trump, congratulating Greene on her victory. “Congratulations to future Republican Star Marjorie Taylor Greene on a big Congressional primary win in Georgia against a very tough and smart opponent. Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up – a real WINNER!,” he wrote."

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

She says she is not a Qanon "candidate" and that she no longer "talks about it". Thats not saying that she no longer believes in it or doesn't follow it. Or doesn't believe in it.

I doubt this zebra is changing her stripes anytime soon. "On social media, many QAnon supporters expressed elation at Greene’s victory, viewing it as a coup for the cause. They were further emboldened by a tweet on Wednesday from President Trump, congratulating Greene on her victory. “Congratulations to future Republican Star Marjorie Taylor Greene on a big Congressional primary win in Georgia against a very tough and smart opponent. Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up – a real WINNER!,” he wrote."

"I was just one of those people, just like millions of other Americans, that just started looking at other information," Greene said. "And so, yeah, there was a time there for a while that I had read about Q, posted about it, talked about it, which is some of these videos you've seen come out. But once I started finding misinformation, I decided that I would choose another path."

From the little I read about her I don’t think she’s a nice person. But I disagree with your conclusion about her public view in Q. “Once I found misinformation...” that is publicly distancing herself from Q. 

2 hours ago, nigel99 said:

No worries on that. I find Fox to be a 'questionable' source, but not a 'garbage' one.

I hadn't found anything where she questioned Q, or distanced herself from them at all

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Why does this surprise anyone?  She had a set of stated beliefs that won her the primary, now she is getting a new set to try to win the election.

29 minutes ago, billvon said:

Why does this surprise anyone?  She had a set of stated beliefs that won her the primary, now she is getting a new set to try to win the election.

She got more votes in the R primary than total D votes in the district, so I don't think she has to modify anything.

"Having a Q supporter in Congress will inevitably fan the flames of the conspiracy, even if Greene decides to remain silent about Q or even disavow her previous beliefs, which involve her calling Q a “patriot” back in 2018.

"While he predicted that QAnon would begin pressuring Trump to carry out “The Plan” and begin his mass purge of the power elite if he won, Carusone worried particularly about what would happen if Trump lost.

“You'll start to see an increase in questions about the legitimacy of the election, of the outcome,” he predicted. “Increased attacks on the system of voting, a total lack of acknowledgment about the election result unnecessarily. And that's assuming Trump says nothing.”

If Trump decides to contest the results, Carusone added, he has a captive audience “that have been stockpiling weapons, ammunition and freeze-dried food rights to basically fight the battle of their lives against the deep state. Either way, they're going to say that it's proof of their argument and the externalities that come from that are not good.”

7 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

"Having a Q supporter in Congress will inevitably fan the flames of the conspiracy, even if Greene decides to remain silent about Q or even disavow her previous beliefs, which involve her calling Q a “patriot” back in 2018.

"While he predicted that QAnon would begin pressuring Trump to carry out “The Plan” and begin his mass purge of the power elite if he won, Carusone worried particularly about what would happen if Trump lost.

“You'll start to see an increase in questions about the legitimacy of the election, of the outcome,” he predicted. “Increased attacks on the system of voting, a total lack of acknowledgment about the election result unnecessarily. And that's assuming Trump says nothing.”

If Trump decides to contest the results, Carusone added, he has a captive audience “that have been stockpiling weapons, ammunition and freeze-dried food rights to basically fight the battle of their lives against the deep state. Either way, they're going to say that it's proof of their argument and the externalities that come from that are not good.”

I like your posts. They are thoughtful and contain useful information.

What I don't get is, what do you do for a living? You are such a prolific and detailed poster, when do you find time to work?

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:
12 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I like your posts. They are thoughtful and contain useful information.

What I don't get is, what do you do for a living? You are such a prolific and detailed poster, when do you find time to work?

Farmer

Now that explains A LOT.  It all makes sense now.