2 2
yobnoc

Q

2 hours ago, normiss said:

1% bikers, the full outlaw bikers, refer to their clubhouses and meetings as church.

They, like any atheist I've ever known, never use the description as preaching.

It’s funny, I’m doing some group psychology stuff. There are two Christians who think nothing of stating their beliefs and yet there are at least two of us, who hold back on what we “really” think, so that we don’t offend them.

It’s unbelievable that atheists might have empathy...

In all seriousness I will stir the pot here, but my fruit loop family are totally cut out of my life. Let them believe what they want, I don’t need to hear it. As far as I’m concerned believe what you like  

• Like 1

It's just another symptom of a nation on a downward spiral, where ignorance is valued as much as expertise, where uninformed belief is valued more than proven fact. . .

George F. Will nailed it in his column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-what-national-decline-looks-like/2020/07/14/ef499fd4-c5f0-11ea-b037-f9711f89ee46_story.html

15 hours ago, billvon said:

I find that religious types are far more likely to slap you in the face, go to confession, and then tout how morally righteous they are - not like those atheist hypocrites!

Nope.  

Its been my personal experience that the atheists are equally, if not more prone to slapping.  In their case, it was less rhetorical than the religious.  The religious try to more with withholding, banning, and exclusion.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

It's just another symptom of a nation on a downward spiral, where ignorance is valued as much as expertise, where uninformed belief is valued more than proven fact. . .

George F. Will nailed it in his column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-what-national-decline-looks-like/2020/07/14/ef499fd4-c5f0-11ea-b037-f9711f89ee46_story.html

Hi folks,

For those of you who cannot read the link, here is what he wrote:

GEORGE WILL: This is what national decline looks like

WASHINGTON — Because of his incontinent use of it, the rhetorical mustard that the president slathers on every subject has lost its tang. The entertainer has become a bore, and foretelling his defeat no longer involves peering into a distant future: Early voting begins in two states (South Dakota and Minnesota) 61 days from Sunday, which is 107 days before Election Day.

Never has a U.S. election come at such a moment of national mortification. In April 1970, President Richard Nixon told a national television audience that futility in Vietnam would make the United States appear to the world to be “a pitiful, helpless giant.” Half a century later, America, for the first time in its history, is pitied.

Not even during the Civil War, when the country was blood-soaked by a conflict involving enormous issues, was it viewed with disdainful condescension as it now is, and not without reason: Last Sunday, Germany (population 80.2 million) had 159 new cases of COVID-19; Florida (population 21.5 million) had 15,300.

Under the most frivolous person ever to hold any great nation’s highest office, this nation is in a downward spiral. This spiral has not reached its nadir, but at least it has reached a point where worse is helpful, and worse can be confidently expected.

The nation’s floundering government is now administered by a gangster regime. It is helpful to have this made obvious as voters contemplate renewing the regime’s lease on the executive branch. Roger Stone adopted the argot of B-grade mobster movies when he said he would not “roll on” Donald Trump. By commuting Stone’s sentence, Stone’s beneficiary played his part in this down-market drama, showing gratitude for Stone’s version of omerta (the Mafia code of silence), which involved lots of speaking, but much lying. Because the pandemic prevents both presidential candidates from bouncing around the continent like popcorn in a skillet, the electorate can concentrate on other things, including Trump’s selection of friends such as Stone and Paul Manafort, dregs from the bottom of the Republican barrel.

“Longing on a large scale is what makes history,” wrote Don DeLillo in his sprawling 1997 novel “Underworld” about America in the second half of the 20th century. Today, there is a vast longing for respite from the 21st century, which — before the pandemic, two inconclusive wars, and the Great Recession — began with a presidential election that turned on 537 Florida votes and was not decided until a Dec. 12 Supreme Court decision. Given the president’s reckless lying and the supine nature of most Republican officeholders, it is imperative that the Nov. 3 result be obvious that evening.

This year, the pandemic will be an accelerant of pre-existing trends: There will be a surge of early and mail voting. So, an unambiguous decision by midnight Eastern time Nov. 3 will require (in addition to state requirements that mailed ballots be postmarked, say, no later than Oct. 31) a popular vote tsunami so large against the president that there will be a continentwide guffaw when he makes charges, as surely he will, akin to those he made in 2016. Then he said he lost the popular vote by 2.9 million because “millions” of undocumented immigrants voted against him. Making a pre-emptive strike against civic confidence, Trump has announced that the 2020 election will be the “most corrupt” in U.S. history.

The 2020 presidential selection process began with Iowa’s shambolic Democratic caucuses, a result not of corruption but incompetence, an abundant commodity nowadays. It is scandalous that in many places casting a ballot requires hours of standing in line. Larry Diamond of the conservative-leaning Hoover Institution at Stanford discerns another scandal:

“The hard truth is that there has been a rising tide of voter suppression in recent U.S. elections. These actions — such as over-eager purging of electoral registers and reducing early voting — have the appearance of enforcing abstract principles of electoral integrity but the clear effect (and apparent intent) of disproportionately disenfranchising racial minorities. One example was the decision of Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State (now governor) Brian Kemp to suspend 53,000 predominantly African American voter registration applications in 2018 because the names did not produce an ‘exact match’ with other records.”

This nation built the Empire State Building, groundbreaking to official opening, in 410 days during the Depression, and the Pentagon in 16 months during wartime. Today’s less serious nation is unable to competently combat a pandemic, or even reliably conduct elections. This is what national decline looks like.

George F. Will received the Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 1977. His email address is [email protected].

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Think, "The storm is coming."

I think Qanon sort of blew their wad three years ago when they reported that Hillary Clinton's passport had been revoked and there were orders issued for her arrest and the arrest of dozens of "deep state" agents.

58 minutes ago, billvon said:

I think Qanon sort of blew their wad three years ago when they reported that Hillary Clinton's passport had been revoked and there were orders issued for her arrest and the arrest of dozens of "deep state" agents.

That's still gonna happen! Obama too!!! Deep state SHTF Q stuff!

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

The sad thing is that rather than making people like Ron question Q etc, they will simply attribute it to Antifa or the deep state attacking free speech and double down on their beliefs

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Copy that

What do they fear?

WWG1WGA

I am pretty sure what they fear is that gullible, uneducated morons will actually believe the garbage that the espouse and attempt to follow through with the stupidity they propose.

2 minutes ago, okalb said:

I am pretty sure what they fear is that gullible, uneducated morons will actually believe the garbage that the espouse and attempt to follow through with the stupidity they propose.

Q is mostly an online social support group for people who are powerless but want to believe they are insiders. It is a way for them to mitigate their fear. I have no fear of Q or it's believers. I only have pity for fools.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Q is mostly an online social support group for people who are powerless but want to believe they are insiders. It is a way for them to mitigate their fear. I have no fear of Q or it's believers. I only have pity for fools.

Q is mostly an online social support group for people who are powerless but want to believe that they can reclaim power. That they are the few who are the tip of the spear for disenfranchised white conservative Christians. They are a modern Crusader who see infidels where others don't. So they arm themselves, operate sub-rosa and wait for the day when they can shield their group. Be the hero's who prepared while the ignorant infidel masses didn't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ryoder said:

More:

• Twitter is taking aim at QAnon, the elaborate conspiracy theory whose followers are among Trump’s most extreme supporters. The social media company has banned over 7,000 accounts associated with the movement in recent weeks.
  • Yesterday Twitter announced that it would stop recommending accounts and content related to QAnon, and would limit the reach of such content on its trending search pages.
  • According to the beliefs of QAnon followers, Trump is the hero in a plot to overthrow the so-called deep state, a cabal of intelligence officials, politicians and media elites.
  • QAnon followers have been involved in armed standoffs, kidnappings and killings. The conspiracy theory was designated as a domestic terrorism threat by the F.B.I. last year. Many of the accounts that Twitter suspended had been involved in coordinated harassment campaigns, the company said.
  • The movement has begun to seep into the Republican Party mainstream, and a number of congressional candidates this year have openly embraced it.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Copy that

What do they fear?

WWG1WGA

Well, how about morons who are stupid enough to actually believe the "Q" garbage?

And then act on that stupidity and, oh, let's say, go shoot up a pizza place.

Because "Q" said there were child sex slaves in the basement...

Except the building never had a basement.

18 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, how about morons who are stupid enough to actually believe the "Q" garbage?

And then act on that stupidity and, oh, let's say, go shoot up a pizza place.

Because "Q" said there were child sex slaves in the basement...

Except the building never had a basement.

They totally misunderstood the "Q drop" regarding pizza gate. They didn't even get the right city.

It was supposed to be 9 East 71st Street, NYC. That's where the child sex slaves were. Also a couple of places in Florida, and a private island.

Their secret decoder rings were set wrong for the decoding. I'm sure Trump, Dersh, and the Prince can explain.