2 2
yobnoc

Q

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

I am (not) sorry to see you are losing the battle.  From conservative-leaning Forbes magazine:

=======================================================

Republicans Are Breaking From Trump Like We’ve Never Seen
Forbes

Updated Jun 12, 2020, 10:35am EDT

Much of the Trump presidency has been defined by the president’s uncanny ability to bring the GOP in tow, but in recent weeks—with the nation battling two separate crises and the White House response to the turmoil under scrutiny—members of the party have begun to distance themselves from the president in unprecedented fashion.

1) Few Republicans supported Trump’s highly controversial photo op in front of St. John's Church (which was made possible only after protesters were cleared with tear gas and flash bangs) and several GOP senators “cringed” at Trump’s tweet Tuesday morning suggesting that a 75-year-old protester in Buffalo—who was shoved backward by the police and bled from his head after falling—might be a member of Antifa, Politico reported.

2) Trump’s ability to divide the country by discovering and exploiting wedge issues also appears to have lessened, as some Republican leaders and large swaths of the business community are openly supporting the Black Lives Matter movement, and the White House instead focuses its efforts on the economy, and promoting “law and order,” as the president often tweets.  

3) Hours after President Trump declared that his administration “will not even consider the renaming” of army bases named after Confederate generals, the GOP-led Senate Armed Services Committee privately adopted an amendment Wednesday for the Pentagon to remove the names of Confederate generals from military assets within three years, CNN reported. 

4) Several high-profile Republicans have recently said they will not support the president’s reelection bid, including former President George W. Bush, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), and former Secretary of State Colin Powell, the New York Times reports; Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) told reporters last week she’s “struggling” with whether to vote for the president in November.     

5) The dissent from inside the GOP also comes on the heels of plummeting poll numbers for Trump: Trump’s approval rating has dropped ten points since May and has fallen below the 40% mark, according to the latest Gallup poll, and polling analysts say the president is in deep trouble come November. 

5) He is losing military support. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark A. Milley said Thursday he “should not” have been at the church photo op; Defense Secretary Mark Esper said last week he was opposed to sending active-duty soldiers into American cities; and in a statement published in The Atlantic on June 3, former Defense Secretary James Mattis slammed the photo op and added he was “angry and appalled” that he has seen police officers “violate the constitutional rights of their fellow citizens.”

6) In a widely read statement published by The Atlantic, former Defense Secretary Mattis said he was “angry and appalled” that he has seen police officers “violate the constitutional rights of their fellow citizens.” He also excoriated Trump’s photo op in front of St. John’s Church. “We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution,” he said.

I don't accept left wing news. Although I am not a great fan of FOX, here is a contradiction of one claim above.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/george-w-bushs-office-calls-claim-he-wont-back-trump-made-up

"Former President George W. Bush’s office has pushed back on a widely circulated New York Times report saying Bush won’t vote for President Trump in 2020, calling it “completely made up.”

Remember, it's not over 'til the fat lady votes.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

I don't accept left wing news.

Forbes is a magazine that idolises wealth, capitalism and power, and their editor and chairman twice ran as a candidate in the Republican primaries. Just because you're further right than Saddam Hussein that doesn't make his magazine left wing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Forbes is right wing.  It's a magazine for rich Republicans.

15 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I don't accept left wing news.

Billvon, you try in vain to apply rational logic to RonD's midset, 

I will quote my old dean talking to a department chairman:

"You don't understand, you will never understand, you are incapable of understanding".

13 hours ago, jakee said:

Forbes is a magazine that idolises wealth, capitalism and power, and their editor and chairman twice ran as a candidate in the Republican primaries. Just because you're further right than Saddam Hussein that doesn't make his magazine left wing.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Forbes is right wing.  It's a magazine for rich Republicans.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

Billvon, you try in vain to apply rational logic to RonD's midset, 

I will quote my old dean talking to a department chairman:

"You don't understand, you will never understand, you are incapable of understanding".

Since Ron isn't rich, clearly he doesn't read rich GOP websites like Forbes.Or the trump/GOP tax bills "America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again of 2017, 2018, 2019.

You know the budgets that cut the funding of the CDC. Fast forward to 2020. So now the result is the Trump Death Clock, more than 40 million are out of work because of the trumpdemic and $8.3 trillion in new debt. The debt under trump going from $20.2 trillion to $28.5.

I guess the average working GOP trump voter doesn't see those facts.

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I guess the average working GOP trump voter doesn't see those facts.

Hi Phil,

Actually, I think they simply do not understand it.  They seem to be of the thinking that since the 'Trump Tax Act' gave them more money in their pocket(s), the world is a better place.

Now, about your grandchildren . . . 

Jerry Baumchen

29 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Actually, I think they simply do not understand it.  They seem to be of the thinking that since the 'Trump Tax Act' gave them more money in their pocket(s), the world is a better place.

Jerry Baumchen

The 'funniest' (read: most disgusting) part about that is that most 'ordinary' people are not paying less in taxes. I'm not. I'm actually paying a little bit more overall in Federal taxes.

The 'more money in their pockets' is a trick.
When the tax cut passed, the Mango Mussolini directed the IRS to reduce the withholding amounts.
So each individual paycheck increased a few bucks. But the amount owed at the end of the year didn't change much.
So most people saw that 'big fat refund' disappear.

I went from a small refund to a small amount owed. 

It's absolutely amazing how many people are too stupid to see this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Jerry Baumchen

And, in the inner cities we have single parent mothers in their fourth generation plus believing income arrives in the mail box as welfare and food stamps. Democratic cities across the nation are in ruin. Violence is rising where the Democrats rule. Look at the conditions on the west coast, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle.

For the QAnons that is unacceptable.

President Trump is simply the best we have. Q and the Anons offer positive news. MSM provides fear, anger, division and nothing more.

(edited)

And, in the inner cities we have single parent mothers in their fourth generation plus believing income arrives in the mail box as welfare and food stamps. Democratic cities across the nation are in ruin. Violence is rising where the Democrats rule. Look at the conditions on the west coast, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle.

President Trump is simply the best we have. Q and the Anons offer positive news. MSM provides fear, anger, division and nothing more.

And in the mountains of West Virginia, people keep praying that coal will come back, and in rural areas all across America, the opioid and obesity epidemics are in full swing.

The poor people of America, all colors, need more of a chance. One in a million, or a lottery ticket, just isn't a rational chance. Parents (of all colors) who don't value education or knowledge, because "they turned out just fine." The worship of money and "success" has brought us here -- is it really where we want to go? And is a narrow-windowed conservative world where bubbas rule again and everyone goes back to the farms and goes to the same church really one that can go into the future?

People keep moving to those cities, because there's even less hope in the hinterland if you don't already have money.

Wendy P.

Edited by wmw999

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

And, in the inner cities we have single parent mothers in their fourth generation plus believing income arrives in the mail box as welfare and food stamps.

And on the outskirts of those cities we have right wing extremists murdering cops.

Did you get your government checks this month BTW?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

While republican leaders spend more on erection pills than welfare.

Makes sense. If you're self entitled.

Disinformation efforts appear to be very successful.

Some people need to read up on the programs intent on removing income earning fathers from inner city poor neighborhoods.

Why did the factories with jobs leave?

Why did the education funding leave?

What was the real purpose of inner city policing?

What was the reasoning behind man mins? Three strikes? Why do these programs not apply to white men the same way?

Self entitled white men are losing control. Get used to it. Read the constitution to understand it.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, billvon said:

Republicans Are Breaking From Trump Like We’ve Never Seen
Forbes

Updated Jun 12, 2020, 10:35am EDT

Much of the Trump presidency has been defined by the president’s uncanny ability to bring the GOP in tow, but in recent weeks—with the nation battling two separate crises and the White House response to the turmoil under scrutiny—members of the party have begun to distance themselves from the president in unprecedented fashion.

Let's remember that these moves by top level Republicans may not be relevant to the common voter.  

41 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi DJL,

Here are common voters in Tulsa:

Trump did not show so good.

Jerry Baumchen

T.jpg

I just viewed and listened to video from the Tulsa rally. This photo is not representative. In addition, 5M+ viewed it streaming.

Dems blocked hundreds if not thousands from entering the arena. 

We understand the playbook.

WWG1WGA

21 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I just viewed and listened to video from the Tulsa rally. This photo is not representative. In addition, 5M+ viewed it streaming.

WWG1WGA

No, that photo is not representative.

In most of the other pics I've seen, the upper deck is completely empty.

And despite the claims by the Trump camp, there's no indication that counter protesters prevented anyone who wanted to from entering.
Please provide some sort of proof of that claim.
You know, if Trump claims something, it's most likely that the truth is the exact opposite.

HE FACTS: Protesters' blockades weren’t to blame for the turnout. There was no sizable effort by protesters to keep attendees from getting in.

Three Associated Press journalists reporting in Tulsa for several hours leading up to the president’s speech did not see anti-Trump demonstrators blocking entry points at the highly secured arena grounds. Police said they made a handful of arrests Saturday, including a woman in the secure zone who was sitting cross-legged in peaceful protest when officers pulled her away and handcuffed her.

Asked about the Trump campaign's claim, the mayor's office referred inquiries to Tulsa police. Capt. Richard Meulenberg on Sunday said that for a few minutes two entrances were blocked as both sides briefly “intermingled,” but that there was no organized blockade and attendees were always able to enter through one of three gates.

Source:https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-06-20/ap-fact-check-in-time-of-trauma-trumps-congratulates-self

And, despite the 'ticket trolling' by all the teenagers, K-poppers and Iowa grandmothers, there was plenty of room for people to attend. 

Anyone who wanted to could have shown up.

But they didn't. 

Fun facts -

Groups that had a bigger turnout in at the BOK center in 2019:
Sha Na Na

The Pips (without Gladys Knight)
Loverboy
John Tesch

The West Virginia touring company of La Traviata

37 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I just viewed and listened to video from the Tulsa rally. This photo is not representative.

Here are a few more.  Arena's capacity is 19,000.  6200 people showed up by official fire department records - so less than a third full.  No one was blocked from entering.  And this was after his campaign bragged that almost a million people requested tickets, and that there would be over 40,000 people there.

Don't believe facts?  Then perhaps you might believe Trump, who cancelled his overflow speech because  . . . there was no overflow.  No one waiting outside. 

TrumpCrowd.jpg

rally2.jpg

rally3.jpg

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi DJL,

Here are common voters in Tulsa:

Trump did not show so good.

Jerry Baumchen

T.jpg

Do we have an equivalent Biden rally to compare it to?  Does that matter?  Until Trump has given his concession speech there will be nothing certain about this election.

It sure isn't.  Some 2/3 of the seats were empty (per the Tulsa Fire Department) and the "overflow" event was canceled BY TRUMP because there was no overflow.

(edited)

WWG1WGA

Hi Ron,

'This account of what went wrong in Tulsa and the reckoning underway in the aftermath is based on interviews with more than a half-dozen reelection campaign and White House officials. The partly empty arena was the biggest embarrassment '

'Trump was described as furious over the negative media coverage of the rally, much of which focused on the president’s failure to fill the arena'

'Making matters worse for the campaign was its initial declaration that 1 million people had signed up to see Trump, a boast that was now destined to fall on its face.'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/21/donald-trump-oklahoma-campaign-debacle-333263

I know that the truth can sometimes be hurtful; but, it is still the truth.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

Ron, 

I have a genuine question, if Trump loses the election but states after that it wasn’t valid because of foreign Communist / Chinese and Democratic interference and manipulated / fraudulent postal voting and was then forced to leave the White House, what would you and those like you think / do?