2 2
yobnoc

Q

(edited)
18 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Looking forward to the entire article. The preface is right on target.

As a Christian counselor, I am the interface and buffer between the really, really smart elite 1% that believe they should have power and control over the others, the 2% of useful idiots that function to serve the aforementioned 1% and the 97% of folks that consider themselves Patriots.

Once again Ron, you have frightened me. The more I understand you and those who think like you the more I understand that your beliefs can and will in some twisted way be used to justify some terrible acts.

Edited by gowlerk

23 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

As a Christian counselor, I am the interface and buffer between the really, really smart elite 1% that believe they should have power and control over the others, the 2% of useful idiots that function to serve the aforementioned 1% and the 97% of folks that consider themselves Patriots.

So “Idiocracy” is, in fact, the goal. Get rid of the smart elite, (would that be all of the top 1% in intelligence, or would there be purity tests?), then all of a sudden there’s a new top 1%. Oops. 
Wendy P. 

(edited)
41 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

How can you be both the buffer and the 2%?

And remember that Trumo constantly describes himself as a really really smart guy and says the constitution gives him the power to do whatever he wants. How is he not the figurehead of the 1%?

Edited by jakee

55 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Once again Ron, you have frightened me. The more I understand you and those who think like you the more I understand that your beliefs can and will in some twisted way be used to justify some terrible acts.

William Glasser's Reality Therapy would refer to that as "awfulizing." That means, running a thought to its worst possible conclusion.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

And yet you promote the leading example of that "really smart" 1% elite (who has a "very, very large brain" and is a "stable genius") who believes that his "authority is total."  Strange.

56 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

William Glasser's Reality Therapy would refer to that as "awfulizing." That means, running a thought to its worst possible conclusion.

There are plenty of examples of awfulness for me to base my concern on.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

No, you are not, nor are those groups split like that. You are delusional at best.

(edited)
6 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

QAnon carries on a tradition of apocalyptic thinking that has spanned thousands of years. It offers a polemic to empower those who feel adrift. (from the article)

After reading the article it would seem the author thinks that Q may replace Jesus as the focus of religious devotion for some people. 

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

QAnon carries on a tradition of apocalyptic thinking that has spanned thousands of years. It offers a polemic to empower those who feel adrift. (from the article)

After reading the article it would seem the author thinks that Q may replace Jesus as the focus of religious devotion for some people. 

I just finished the article and found it extremely interesting and validating. Some information contained therein will be useful to those seeking true understanding.

Jesus Christ will never be replaced by those who know Him and have a relationship with Him.

WWG1WGA

Edited by RonD1120

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I thought Trump already replaced Jesus for that crowd.

8 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Right so you are a self confessed terrorist, as per the FBI position on Q.

Im sure Jesus is really proud of your actions. Alternatively you don’t care as Jesus will forgive your sins. So maybe like Trump you’re happy to rape and pillage knowing that Jesus died for your sins.

12 hours ago, ryoder said:

I thought Trump already replaced Jesus for that crowd.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

He hasn't replaced Jesus.  He's just sort of a stand-in.

Well Ron prays to him, evangelicals do and the KKK would too if they knew how to find  Satan's Altar

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

To be honest, Ron at least prays for him, not to him. 
Wendy P. 

If I were religious I'd pray for him too.  I'd pray for him to resign and enjoy a quiet retirement on a secluded island golf course far from anywhere, with a Twitter feed restricted to the island.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

No surprise there. It’s the same group of voters that support Trump. One set of lies is no worse than the other.

We are the news. This underground back channel information dissemination is organizing the winning resistance.

WWG1WGA

[You knew I would say that didn't you?]

15 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

We are the news. This underground back channel information dissemination is organizing the winning resistance.

WWG1WGA

My point is basically that anyone capable of supporting Trump despite his obvious flaws is likely also capable of believing in the Q conspiracy.  The "underground back channel information" thing is complete nonsense given that is is in wide circulation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

WWG1WGA

13 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

My point is basically that anyone capable of supporting Trump despite his obvious flaws is likely also capable of believing in the Q conspiracy.  The "underground back channel information" thing is complete nonsense given that is is in wide circulation.

There is a shade of a difference but its very difficult to quantify.  This is a story on how conspiracy theories spread online.

“Plandemic,” a slickly produced narration that wrongly claimed a shadowy cabal of elites was using the virus and a potential vaccine to profit and gain power. The video featured a discredited scientist, Judy Mikovits, who said her research about the harm from vaccines had been buried."...

On the morning of May 5, less than 24 hours after Mr. Willis posted “Plandemic,” a Facebook group dedicated to QAnon, a right-wing conspiracy group, posted “Plandemic” to its nearly 25,000 members with the headline “Exclusive Content, Must Watch.”

So there seems to be a clear link between susceptibility to conspiracy theories and identifiable groups of people. Groups of people that trade in conspiracy thinking. Not every GOP voter loves conspiracy theories. But a poll yesterday stated that 40% of Americans think trump has done a good job dealing with C-19.

That is very very discouraging.

35 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

But a poll yesterday stated that 40% of Americans think trump has done a good job dealing with C-19.

That is very very discouraging.

Some 40% of Americans have IQ < 95

I suspect a great deal of overlap.