KathieL34

Have you tried this?

I Use the EP3s as well (referenced in the thread link above).  They work well enough for me at reducing the engine noise and freefall noise to keep my ears from ringing the rest of the day and night.  I have tinnitus from my years in industrial work and not enough brains to wear earplugs, so now im just protecting what hearing I have left as well as drowning out background noise so i can concentrate. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, DougH said:

Those looked awesome until I saw the price. I will absolutely lose my 200 dollar pair of custom ear pro a few weekends into the season.

That's why I like my €0,15/pair high-end foam earplugs (3M earsoft FX or Moldex Spark Plugs). Plenty good enough protection, and zero worries if I lose one. Sure, there's no super-fancy frequency-dependent attenuation to hear speech more easily, but we aren't holding deep philosophical discussions anyway while skydiving.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IJskonijn said:

That's why I like my €0,15/pair high-end foam earplugs (3M earsoft FX or Moldex Spark Plugs). Plenty good enough protection, and zero worries if I lose one. Sure, there's no super-fancy frequency-dependent attenuation to hear speech more easily, but we aren't holding deep philosophical discussions anyway while skydiving.

Can you hear farts with your earplugs?

3 hours ago, husslr187 said:

don’t forget about the people screaming “go” behind you even though they don’t know if the spot is good 

Or even better if they've forgotten that we want to get out 3 km prior due to doing CRW with hardly any uppers. Jackpot is if they climb out right after us. Have fun hiking back! ^_^