skydiverek

Please make all forum text black

thanx.  that helps a little but when i turn on reverse mode it still messes with the contrast.  it is fine if you use the white background but reversing it is hell to get it tweaked right.  usually i drop websites that do this but i like this one for some reason.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, sfzombie13 said:

thanx.  that helps a little but when i turn on reverse mode it still messes with the contrast.  it is fine if you use the white background but reversing it is hell to get it tweaked right.  usually i drop websites that do this but i like this one for some reason.

Huh? What do you mean reverse mode? Are you inverting the colors? While in the end it's your choice, white text on black background on websites has been a huge no in the design world for a while now. It increases eye strain and reduces the experience. Modern website designs focus heavily on subtle contrast that is easy on the eye while still being visible. But we will never be able to cater to reversing colors, as it's a miniscule minority who use that type of view. 

you can cite anything you want but i reverse almost everything and it helps.  you don't have to cater to anything by making the text black, as it improves readability for everyone.  just because people do something doesn't make it right, so while i'm glad to see you're jumping on a design band wagon, it is just plain wrong to think that a glaring white background is anything but helpful when the text isn't black.  it caused enough strain when it is the one site i use which is white that i have to limit my visits.  but since you don't care, i guess that will have to do.  not like i miss a lot anyway.  something i have learned on the internet over the past decades is that it's ok to be wrong and admit it.  have a great day.