2 2
racer42

JFX2

10 hours ago, racer42 said:

Anyone have any experience on the JFX2?

I got a JFX2 94 in June and put around 200 jumps on it. What exactly do you want to know?

Some general informations I can give:

- My wingload is around 2.2 on it.

- Its very responsive to harness and riser input and a lot of fun to fly with. I like to fly the wing only with harness and if needed some rear riser input.

- Openings are fast ( not hard ) and most of the time on heading.

- The flare is very powerful, no matter if you do a straight in landing, a 90° turn, or a bigger turn. Rears are also very responsive for leveling the wing out after a turn.

- It also has very good slow flight capabilities, so you can even fly next to a student canopy ( as long as the student canopy doesn't use toggles to break ;) )

- It can cover a lot of ground, so you still can make it back from those long spots

6 hours ago, Jaysus said:

I got a JFX2 94 in June and put around 200 jumps on it. What exactly do you want to know?

Some general informations I can give:

- My wingload is around 2.2 on it.

- Its very responsive to harness and riser input and a lot of fun to fly with. I like to fly the wing only with harness and if needed some rear riser input.

- Openings are fast ( not hard ) and most of the time on heading.

- The flare is very powerful, no matter if you do a straight in landing, a 90° turn, or a bigger turn. Rears are also very responsive for leveling the wing out after a turn.

- It also has very good slow flight capabilities, so you can even fly next to a student canopy ( as long as the student canopy doesn't use toggles to break ;) )

- It can cover a lot of ground, so you still can make it back from those long spots

That's what I've heard about it so far. I have a JFX 89 at 2.4 which I really like but I think the JFX2 might be what I'm looking for, Thanks man!

On 12/20/2019 at 1:36 AM, BigL said:

How was the jump from the Crossy3 to the JFX2?

For me personally, the step from Crossfire3 to JFX2 was the biggest step so far when changing canopies.

The JFX2 is a total beast when coming from a Crossfire. Not in a bad way, but you really have to treat the JFX2 very carefully to get to know it.

It has so much more power in every aspect, and you feel way more connected to the canopy, especially when just flying with harness input, its just so much more fun.

And once you jumped it, you never want to go back ;)

On 12/17/2019 at 7:37 PM, racer42 said:

Anyone have any experience on the JFX2?

My previous canopy was a Crossfire 2 129. I got my hands on a demo JFX 104 and had it for two weekends. The two things that sold me on the canopy were the openings and performance. The openings are a little quicker but not hard. That's a priority for me since I'm 68. I was lucky to fly the canopy on some no wind days. I 'm loading the canopy at 2.3 and it  was not an issue. I ordered the JFX2 104 and have 95 jumps on it. I love flying it.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:13 AM, djoul said:

What you think about the opening ?

i have a cross3 and absolutely love the way she’s open...

i’m afraid about the opening of the JFX2....:$

As already said, the openings are fast, but not hard, and if you watch your body position, they are almost everytime on heading.

I also loved the openings on my crossfire3, but the openings on the JFX2 are way, way, way better ;)

On 12/21/2019 at 6:04 PM, Jaysus said:

For me personally, the step from Crossfire3 to JFX2 was the biggest step so far when changing canopies.

The JFX2 is a total beast when coming from a Crossfire. Not in a bad way, but you really have to treat the JFX2 very carefully to get to know it.

It has so much more power in every aspect, and you feel way more connected to the canopy, especially when just flying with harness input, its just so much more fun.

And once you jumped it, you never want to go back

Thanks for the reply, this is pretty much what I've heard around the DZ as well.

I was on a Sabre2 120 and personally decided to use a KA107 to bridge the gap between the Sabre2 and the JFX2 while I'm still loading my wing under 1.8. I would have considered the Crossy3 if it dived more, just my $0.02

(edited)

I just put my first jumps on my new JFX2 89's this weekend.  I've done about 800 jumps on JFX94's so comparing it to that.  

Openings, nice and on heading.

It immediately feels more responsive even before releasing the breaks, especially in harness turns.

It dives more on fronts and harness than the original JFX.

Front riser pressure is a bit lighter. Still good to unload them with some brakes first, but not needed as much as on the original.

Flare point feels like its a bit deeper down than the original but comes on much stronger when you hit it. 

If you're currently jumping a JFX then you'll love the JFX2.  They've kept the best feature of the JFX (good openings) and turned up the fun on all the other parts of it.

Edited by Travman

(edited)
On 1/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, BigL said:

Thanks for the reply, this is pretty much what I've heard around the DZ as well.

I was on a Sabre2 120 and personally decided to use a KA107 to bridge the gap between the Sabre2 and the JFX2 while I'm still loading my wing under 1.8. I would have considered the Crossy3 if it dived more, just my $0.02

I put my first 13 jumps on my new JFX2 94 this weekend past as well!

I came from a KA107 loaded at 1.69 and I'm loading the new wing at 1.93.

Initial impressions:-

- Way more responsive to harness, I can do the flick in my 270 all harness now.
- Fronts are easy to get down after my bump, but they come up earlier after being held down than my KA.
- The rears actually work, compared to the KA rears which were terrible by comparison.
- Toggle stroke is a lot shorter than most of the wings I've flown, stalls just below my armpits.
- Dives a touch more than my KA, felt like a pretty easy transition between recovery arcs.
- Swoops for days! The thing cuts through the air and is just so efficient at converting vertical speed to horizontal.

Super stoked, so much to learn!

Edited by BigL

On 7/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, BigL said:

Toggle stroke is a lot shorter than most of the wings I've flown, stalls just below my armpits.

??? Really? Did you actually try to stall it? I find some wings give you much stronger “toggle resistance” earlier than others but often it’s deceptive and the wing wouldn’t stall till much deeper/later. Also doesn’t it mess it with your FR inputs? Sorry never flown a fully CB wing yet, just curious

Just put my first 15 jumps on a new JFX2 89 this past weekend, loaded at 2.2, coming from ~400 jumps on a JFX 99 loaded at 2.0

Bottom line, I love it and am glad i upgraded to the 2 over the 1 (although I still love the original JFX).

The openings are still great on the JFX2 but definitely faster than the original JFX. Still nice and on heading, but crisper, although not hard. ~500-600ft openings vs. 600-700 ft openings is what I'm seeing.

Recovery arc is a bit longer, although this is partially due to increased wing loading for me. I do find I have more of a window for my turn, where my original JFX wanted to just flatten out quicker (doing a 270) vs. the JFX2 maintaining the dive for longer.

Fronts feel a bit lighter than the original. Otherwise the wing feels pretty similar, with a bit more range on both rears and toggles. Harness input feels pretty similar, considering the downsize.

Overall super happy with the JFX2. Not a monumental change from the original, but just a little bit better in almost every aspect.