JumpRu

Velocity 84 how to make it open faster

I have regular velocity 84 not sure how many jumps on it... Probably around 800. It started to open slower then I would like. I wonder if I put removable slider on it.  Would that make it open a little faster? Or maybe stop using those snaps on a slider? PC is still OK I think. Not more then 100 jumps on it. Any advice?

I had 3 velocities of same size over the years and one opened almost stress free, another was little worse but still good until I put new lines on it... Then it started to search more at the end... But this one has second line set so lines are not bad... But I guess the canopy is just older... I kinda like it, but it started to take longer and longer to open completely even compares to last year when I got it. I heard somewhere that RDS is designed for subterminal opening so on terminal it would open faster.. Just want to make sure before i invest in RDS slider... Damn thing would cost like half of a canopy I will use it for... :(

19 hours ago, JumpRu said:

Just want to make sure before i invest in RDS slider... Damn thing would cost like half of a canopy I will use it for... :(

с РДСом будет быстрее. у меня есть Параависовский слайдер, шил для велика, сейчас лежит без дела. Пиши если интересно.

Вообще не засовываю... И хвост не закрутил... Только этот так долго открывается. У меня еще один есть... Укладываю так же но там все более мение.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:35 PM, JumpRu said:

I I heard somewhere that RDS is designed for subterminal opening so on terminal it would open faster.. Just want to make sure before i invest in RDS slider... Damn thing would cost like half of a canopy I will use it for... :(

I don't think that the "remove-ability" of the slider itself would help anything. You should compare the size of the slider.

I never owned a Velo, so it's just guessing, but is the removable slider slightly smaller?

5 hours ago, skow said:

I don't think that the "remove-ability" of the slider itself would help anything. You should compare the size of the slider.

I never owned a Velo, so it's just guessing, but is the removable slider slightly smaller?

RDS is smaller than regular slider. Regular is 23"x31" and RDS is 20"x29" 

• Like 1

Not sure I get it.

Slider (normal or removable) is part of the canopy, whereas bag is part of the container. So if you switch a normal slider to a removable one the bag doesn't change.

The difference between "RDS slider" and removable slider is that you have additional line attached to the slider to which you attach the bag.

Do you mean that because the bag and PC is attached to the slider, it will descend slower? This seems quite "random" as will depend on the size of the bag and the PC.

So I'm not sure you can say it'll match the descend speed of a normal slider because of the random factor being the bag and PC size