David Wang

a friend's first cut-away on his 118th jump! Wow! (Non-fatal)

8 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

OP is quite new, he is a bit exuberant

12 hours ago, Pobrause said:

So a friend of yours had a standard malfunction  and handled it correctly. Is this, what your post is about? 

Good for him, but does it justify such a post and headline? 

8 hours ago, skybytch said:

Skydivers are so cute when they're puppies. :D  

haha thanks for the replies! yes I'm quite new here.Maybe I should post it in the safety Forum. Recently I read an article about EPs written by Dan BC and I recommend it to everyone! 

No. It doesn't really need to be posted at all.

Cut aways are not quite 'routine', but unless something really unusual happens, they don't merit an 'incident' report'.

If you have a cut away and wish to post it, what happened, what your decision process was, what you think you could/should have done differently, and ask for feedback, that's a bit different. 

But to simply post that a cut away happened, nobody was hurt and no more info is not really worth it.

Dan BC's piece about EPs and complacency is definitely worth the read. It's been posted on here before.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

But to simply post that a cut away happened, nobody was hurt and no more info is not really worth it.

I mostly agree but slight nitpick: he didn't actually say that no one was hurt. He said only that no one was killed. I assume, reading between the lines, that no one was hurt--but he didn't actually say that.