1 1
rmahoney

New canopy has constant slow right turn - trim?

Question

OK, please forgive this fairly basic question, (and I think I know the answer), but I wanted to get some outside advice:  Just jumped a new Pilot7, new rig, and noticed on both jumps that it had a constant slow right turn - takes about 1/4 toggle to straight flight.  Consistent between both jumps; harness fits perfectly and am entirely symmetrical.  I suspect just a trim issue, but any and all advice would be appreciated, thanks!

5 answers to this question

(edited)

Well, the first question is simple. What do you mean by "about 1/4 toggle"? Since it is both a new harness and a newly installed canopy there are many possibilities.

Edited by gowlerk

Thank you for your question - what I mean is approximately 25% of full brake extension, that is, toggles released = zero, arms full down to full toggle extension = 100 percent.  In actual distance it is about 20 CM.

might be trim, might not be. But if it's a brand new canopy that you just purchased from the manufacturer (or through a dealer who bought it from the manufacturer), they will most likely look into it and fix or replace it for you. Your first step should be to contact your dealer for help.

(edited)

I recommend laying the canopy out on a flat surface, getting a tape measure and comparing the line lengths with the ones listed here.

While you are at it, you can also check for proper routing of the lines onto the soft links, if you crossed or twisted them, you might have distorted one side of canopy enough to cause a turn.

Edited by Kenzdik96
spelling