5 5
Gideon Yampolsky

HUD dashboard development

@Annik Which type of lens were you using? And did you use them with clear visor or tinted visor? How do they stand against bright daylight?

After deeper investigation and consultations, I'll be experimenting with them because the platform seems very promising, easy to integrate and solves a lot of technical & safety challenges.

If all goes well, there gonna be a pretty cool announcement soon :)

The first prototype that will be used by someone other than me :)

I've pretty much settled on hardware configuration. There's still some space for optimization (like size for example) but that shouldn't affect the codebase too much.

ENGO 2 indeed pretty good for this purpose. Although there was no SDK for ESP32, I was able to write some basic implementation using the documentation available.

Still there's a lot of work to be done. In the sort term:

* Complete "Competition mode' - UI tweaks, navigation, score computation

* Implement data input - home DZ coordinates, altitude offset, target coordinates for competition, etc.

* Stability overhaul

In the long run it'd be good to have some smartphone app to manage all the settings, as well as create custom screen layouts, but there's still long road ahead

435576159_2113561062333297_481521807239436227_n.thumb.jpg.f474e1a2d61bccbca7c830230d5bbe67.jpg

• Like 1