1 1
JoeWeber

Putin worship

On 12/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, kallend said:

and under our system a hillbilly with a grade 6 reading level living in rural West Virginia has more say in electing the  president than two Nobel Prize winning economists living in  Texas.

That's cause the hillbillies are white, over 21 and own land. <tongue in cheek>

On 12/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, normiss said:

Cold-war Veteran status and experience leaves me confused, betrayed, and angry at what the Republicans are doing. It's stunning.

It's going to hurt us as a nation for a VERY long time

Are you truly a Cold-War Vet?

If so,Why do you insist on the beleiving in a rise of "Mother Russia" it's comical.

All the counties that made the Soviet Russia so formidable, now have their weapons pointed at "Mother Russia".I thought it was mandatory to read Pravda, so you'd have the ability to read between the lines.You can start here at home, with our liberal media industrial complex.It's a great exercise.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2018/04/17/which-has-the-bigger-economy-texas-or-russia/#5069606e70b9

Russian saber-rattling is nothing more than an isolated dictators desperate cries, the world is full of them.Nato is not weaker.America is not weaker.

https://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/0053_defense-comparison

In the meantime pay no attention to the Communists, this book might help you put things into perspective.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hong-kong-trump-rocky-protesters

Michael Pillsbury, "The Hundred Year Marathon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qua39wz3fes

r

On 12/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, jakee said:

He has broken the law. Impeachment is the legal mechanism by which it catches up to him.

He is Guilty until proven innocent, innocent until proven guilty, whats the difference.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, billvon said:

You may not realize this, but the US led in eugenics until World War II

(Also worth noting that the GOP is continuing in the grand tradition of eugenics.  

Bill,I agree on the Idiocracy of America, but for different reasons.

alister 84 said,

People who claim that "idiocracy' depicts the world under either liberals or conservatives are completely missing the point. It's not about liberals or conservative. The movie is an attack on pop culture, mindless consumerism, addiction to TV, greed, laziness, all of which can be attributed to most people regardless of what political ideology they subscribe to.

I don't think a butt head comedy from 06, will ever be appropriate in this "Brave New World." but thanks for the laughs.    

Back to your quote I should have used unsinkable ships, Collectivization or the Khmer Rouge as examples.. I am fully aware of the history of eugenics and its maleficent roots,It wasn't a GOP thang..

But in true Orwellian fashion you went there.

Definition of newspeak : propagandistic language marked by euphemism, circumlocution, and the inversion of customary meanings.  Newspeak was characterized by the elimination or alteration of certain words, the substitution of one word for another, the interchangeability of parts of speech, and the creation of words for political purposes.

"Also worth noting that the GOP is continuing in the grand tradition of eugenics."

On 12/2/2019 at 6:39 AM, normiss said:

Trump continues to attack the military

Cadet bone spurs is ruining the entire nation.

He's simply giving us to Mother Russia. Why isn't anyone even the least bit bothered by this insanity?

They serve the Commander in Chief, "Trump attacks" so dramatic.

When did Obama serve or Clinton for that matter,I guess they had Ivy League spurs too.As for "giving us to Mother Russia" Trump wasn't the president, yet.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry - 

I think you know that immigrants who come here have to learn about, and pass an exam on the Constitution (among other things).

Those of us born here get a class in middle or high school called 'Civics' or 'Government'.

Given the state of public education in many places, I wonder how much actual knowledge is passed along, let alone remembered years later.

Civics hasn't been thought in this country for two generations. History in California schools are a joke.Most kids can't recite the pledge, the Preamble to the Constitution, just words.

This is our Idiocracy. 

Winded, but important.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:50 AM, Skwrl said:

Relevant to the conversation.

(Since there are clearly some very gullible people in this thread, I'm going to explain that the article in the link I included is satire.)

Great satire  on the contrary,  Some Californians believe we're not a sovereign nation, not legal US Territory, it's all funny.

As for the presidents removal from office, well.."(Since there are clearly some very gullible people in this thread"

Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds supermajority vote of those present.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:06 AM, normiss said:

The cold war failed because Russia went broke thanks to Chernobyl, they have since found a more effective approach.

How patriotic.

Can you please explain your contradiction to history or does everyone just let you rant unchecked?

On 12/8/2019 at 2:04 AM, kallend said:

This is nothing new, but thanks for the read.

Nina Jankowicz, a fellow at the U.S.-based Wilson Center specializing in disinformation who has advised the Ukrainian government on how to combat the Russian threat, told me that the U.K. effort was “leaps and bounds ahead of what we had seen before.” British officials did a good job of highlighting “all the absurd claims” coming out of Russia, she said. “The fact the U.K. system was able to respond under such stress shows the system was working as it should,” she added, pointing in particular to Britain leading the coordinated expulsion of diplomats. “We’ve not seen anything like it since the Cold War. The U.K. is filling in the leadership gap where the U.S. now cannot—or will not.”

Good news I'd say.. all but the last sentence, which I found presumptuous.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:36 PM, gowlerk said:

And a Nobel Prize winning economist living in WV has more say than two hillbillys in Texas. The problem as I see it has nothing to do with who has the right to vote or how the votes are weighted in favour of less populated States. The problem is low turnout and low motivation coupled with and partially caused by deliberate suppression of voting. 54.9 percent voted in 2016, 55.5 in 2012. That small difference probably gave Trump the presidency.

And by the way, a college graduate is more than twice as likely to vote as someone with less than a grade twelve education.

So Trump got elected by simple and deliberate suppression of voters, and Russian bots "probably." No different than Putin himself.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, normiss said:

Factual evidence exists, but I realize that isn't the way you see anything.

Russia's efforts to destroy America must be your religious perspective of SHTF, end of times nonsense I suppose.

Seems odd, especially for a Veteran who considers himself a patriot.

Russia will destroy America ,from the lips of a Veteran calling out the patriotism of another. I'm out to smoke that Fatty.

• Like 2

As a parachutist that came of age in the sport during the Vietnam years and then beyond in the post Gulf War era, I have spent my time with active-duty military and veterans. The anti-American sentiment that exists in this forum is appalling.

President Trump is the most dedicated American to hold that office in my lifetime. I support him 100% and I am greatly encouraged by the communication of Q and the support of the Anons. 

We cannot accept the MSM news outlets. Even Fox News is suspect.

I have recently come down out of the mountains and visited Tampa FL which reaffirmed my decision to leave the insanity of the city. However, the old friends, 50+ in years, that still suffer this environment all agree that the Democratic party is evil, ignorant and arrogant to the point that they must be completely neutralized. Many of them sadly admit that at one time they supported that party. Now they shake their heads and agree that Donald Trump is what America needs and wants.

We are waiting for U.S. Attorney John Durham's report with great anticipation. We believe it will give Attorney General Bill Barr the evidence needed to bring down major components of the existing corruption in our government.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

As a parachutist that came of age in the sport during the Vietnam years and then beyond in the post Gulf War era, I have spent my time with active-duty military and veterans. The anti-American sentiment that exists in this forum is appalling.

President Trump is the most dedicated American to hold that office in my lifetime. I support him 100% and I am greatly encouraged by the communication of Q and the support of the Anons. 

I have recently come down out of the mountains and visited Tampa FL which reaffirmed my decision to leave the insanity of the city. However, the old friends, 50+ in years, that still suffer this environment all agree that the Democratic party is evil, ignorant and arrogant to the point that they must be completely neutralized. Many of them sadly admit that at one time they supported that party. Now they shake their heads and agree that Donald Trump is what America needs and wants.

We are waiting for U.S. Attorney John Durham's report with great anticipation. We believe it will give Attorney General Bill Barr the evidence needed to bring down major components of the existing corruption in our government.

woof.png

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

The anti-American sentiment that exists in this forum is appalling.

So why perpetuate it? You post about nothing so much as your desire to divide your nation.

President Trump is the most dedicated American to hold that office in my lifetime.

What does that mean?

16 minutes ago, jakee said:

So why perpetuate it? You post about nothing so much as your desire to divide your nation.

What does that mean?

Trump is the best con-man in American history.

Believing a man that could steal from a children's cancer charity to line his own pockets, is anything but unworthy of support, is flat out insanity or hatred for your fellow man.

7 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

If you think questioning or criticizing the sitting President is "Anti-American", you are mistaken. After all, didn't you criticize Obama?

What makes you think Trump is 'the most dedicated American to hold that office"? The time he spends golfing? The crimes he's committed? His 'expertise' in international relations? The way he's using the office to line his own pockets? 

The fact that you think the 'communication of Q' is valid and the MSM (even Fox?) is suspect tells me you only hear what you want to. 

What corruption, exactly, do you think Barr should 'bring down'? Solicitation of bribery? Collusion between the accused and the prospective jury? Refusing to obey lawful subpoenas? Previous administrations have gone to court to get them quashed. Trump has simply ignored them.

18 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I have recently come down out of the mountains and visited Tampa FL which reaffirmed my decision to leave the insanity of the city. However, the old friends, 50+ in years, that still suffer this environment all agree that the Democratic party is evil, ignorant and arrogant to the point that they must be completely neutralized.

One party, one leader is what you pray for and you have the bald audacity to call me and others who post here un-American. Good for you that we are denied our true voices.

6 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

One party, one leader is what you pray for and you have the bald audacity to call me and others who post here un-American. Good for you that we are denied our true voices.

I know the new quote system is a bit clunky, but you quoted me, attributing something Ron wrote.

Personally, I believe the checks and balances that were built into the Constitution are one of it's most appealing features.
The fact that the Rs are subverting them, by aligning the Senate with the Presidency, when the President has clearly committed numerous crimes is despicable.

I've seen it written that this scenario is one of the founders worst nightmares come true.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

What makes you think Trump is 'the most dedicated American to hold that office"?

Ron and his ilk like the aspect of Trump that isolationists have always liked. It's often called nativism. "America first", and "The Wall", tariffs, and the like are all about building a "fortress America". It makes them feel that he will at least try to keep them safe from the demographic changes that are happening all around them. It's easy to see why people like Ron would feel Trump is a "dedicated American".

10 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

President Trump is the most dedicated American to hold that office in my lifetime.

OK, so your opinion of Americans is that they are dedicated to lying, fraud, stealing from charities, adultery, sexual assault, self-aggrandizement, and lining their own pockets at taxpayer expense. 

Edited to add:  I expect I forgot a few attributes such as draft-dodging.

Edited by kallend

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I know the new quote system is a bit clunky, but you quoted me, attributing something Ron wrote.

Personally, I believe the checks and balances that were built into the Constitution are one of it's most appealing features.
The fact that the Rs are subverting them, by aligning the Senate with the Presidency, when the President has clearly committed numerous crimes is despicable.

I've seen it written that this scenario is one of the founders worst nightmares come true.

Yes Joe, please accept my apology. I accept my error. Of course, they are Ron's words and absurd words they are. 

11 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Ron and his ilk like the aspect of Trump that isolationists have always liked. It's often called nativism. "America first", and "The Wall", tariffs, and the like are all about building a "fortress America". It makes them feel that he will at least try to keep them safe from the demographic changes that are happening all around them. It's easy to see why people like Ron would feel Trump is a "dedicated American".

You may get the Canadien exemption, but if'n you were a Lesser Norte Americano this is the prize for using "ilk" when describing "ilk's".

Bonus Points.png

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

You may get the Canadien exemption, but if'n you were a Lesser Norte Americano this is the prize for using "ilk" when describing "ilk's".

Bonus Points.png

There is an "ilk" ban? FWIW here is the definition:

ilk
/ilk/
noun
noun: ilk
  1. a type of people or things similar to those already referred to.

I believe you may be a person of a similar ilk to myself. I have the exact same notation applied to my file. Also by billvon. I will not repeat the infraction that got me the warning point. But I will tell you that it was for saying something mean to billyvance of all people!

16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

There is an "ilk" ban? FWIW here is the definition:

ilk
/ilk/
noun
noun: ilk
  1. a type of people or things similar to those already referred to.

I believe you may be a person of a similar ilk to myself. I have the exact same notation applied to my file. Also by billvon. I will not repeat the infraction that got me the warning point. But I will tell you that it was for saying something mean to billyvance of all people!

Yes, but were I to say like gowlerk and his ilk, then that's pejorative. For the record, I think you are an ilk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Bonus Points.png

Dafuq, only one warning point?

Lol, I can't believe you're still trying to minimize that attack on Ron.  The last time you did that at least 3 hardcore lefties here called you out on it.

Just own it bro and move on.

Oh and btw, I think the correct term used here is elk.

Edited by Coreece

12 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Lol, I can't believe you're still trying to minimize that attack on Ron.  The last time you did that at least 3 hardcore lefties here called you out on it.

Right after posting this, I walk into the living room where the wife and kid were watching The Sandlot - and it's right at the part where Squints got perma-banned from the pool.

"Michael "Squints" Palledorous walked a little taller that day and we had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn't beat the crap out of him. We wouldn't have blamed her.  What he'd done was sneaky, rotten, and low... and cool.  Not another one among us would have ever in a million years even for $1,000,000 have the guts to put the move on the lifeguard. He did.  He had kissed a woman. And he had kissed her long and good. We got banned from the pool forever that day.  But every time we walked by after that, the lifeguard looked down from her tower, right over at Squints, and smiled."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Poor you and your debilitating inferiority complex, of course I own it. I thought it was Ken who first schooled me after I "ilked" Ron, and as Ken is someone I trust to grasp a point I felt comfortable jabbing him and myself at the same time. I busted the rules of this obscure forum and got spanked. Bummer.

All I can do now is try to redeem myself in your eyes and hope to someday be forgiven.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

All I can do now is try to redeem myself in your eyes and hope to someday be forgiven.

Go up to the black board and write out 100 times in your best cursive, "I will not be mean to Christians".  Stay after school until you are finished young man!