1 1
JoeWeber

Putin worship

5 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Obama wasn't a zillionaire and also a "fucking disaster'.Clintons rise to zillionaire status ended in gaffe.

We DID.

Really? That's funny,why was this thread created.Was it outrage on Trumps part?

Change is upsetting to some, refreshing to others.

Pretty much the definition of "conservative" is "upset by change."

(edited)
5 hours ago, billvon said:

Pretty much the definition of "conservative" is "upset by change."

touché' sir, I'll agree.

Establishment Neocons,Never Trumpers and War Hawks, all hate change.Its threatening to them I suppose. The tea baggers like me, love it.

Old ideas, thought impossible to change like tax and trade policy, economic growth, jobs and standards of living, Are changing, all for the better.

Edited by richravizza
I resemble that comment,Tea Party

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Old ideas, thought impossible to change like tax and trade policy, economic growth, jobs and standards of living, Are changing, all for the better.

Yep.  And it turns out you can get healthcare insurance for almost everyone, too.  Who woulda thunk it?  And EV's are growing like crazy, as is renewable energy - and coal is definitely on the way out.

Of course, some people are very upset by change - primarily the people who are going to lose money because of it.

(edited)
7 hours ago, richravizza said:

America was sick of Washington DC and its unelected bureaucracy.We wanted an Outsider,someone that didn't need the money,power and prestege the innerparty offers. 

But you didn't GET that, so I'm confused as to why you seem to think you did.

I'm with you - I was genuinely hoping that Trump would finance his own campaign and remove the power of SuperPACs. They're a blight on the political system, so I agree that that was one of his sales pitches that resonated with me.

But he didn't. He paid $66 million, which is a lot,  but it's a fucking FAR cry from the 300 odd million his campaign spent. And 11 million of that went directly from the campaign back into his own Trump brand hotels and private jet. This is public information not some intellectual conspiracy. You can look it up yourself from information his own campaign submitted.

His behavior over the last 3 years has proven that he values nothing so much as personal power and prestige - that's why he idolizes strong dictator leaders. So if you genuinely wanted a President who wasn't in it for the power and prestige then you should be howling at the fucking moon that not only is he not that, but he's the exact opposite.

This is the bit I don't understand. Being taken for a ride by a con-man happens - They sell promises we want to believe in and sometimes it's worth a shot, but the continued 'we got what was promised / we wanted' defense is simply wrong. You bought snake oil and are continuing to tell yourself it's a miracle elixir because you don't want the embarrassment of admitting you were taken for a ride.

Do you really hate liberals that much that you can't even have a stance and stand by it? Anything is defensible as long as it's not the Democrats?

Edited by yoink

(edited)

4 hours ago, yoink said:

Do you really hate liberals that much that you can't even have a stance and stand by it?

I don't hate anyone.Hate is quite a distasteful and dark place, simply because of political leanings.I think most are simply misguided.As is your outrage.

4 hours ago, yoink said:

His behavior over the last 3 years has proven that he values nothing so much as personal power and prestige - that's why he idolizes strong dictator leaders.

I said, he didn't need the power or prestege, but of course,he revels in it.He idolizes American Leadership, unconventional, brash and unapologetic at times, with Trump it's  unapologetic all the time.Get used to it.

4 hours ago, yoink said:

They sell promises we want to believe in and sometimes it's worth a shot, but the continued 'we got what was promised / we wanted' defense is simply wrong. You bought snake oil and are continuing to tell yourself it's a miracle elixir while shitting your guts out. 

Perhaps your reasonings for voting for him were quite shallow compared to mine.

"We got what was promised" Well Hell, that's a novel concept don't you think.Considering he's a "Con-man  snake oil, salesman. Some here would say, you should Lift your game.

You asked about my quip on the Berlin Wall,I think it would be lost here. I'll leave with this,We had a saying. Communism was so awesome that it made Germans build bad cars.

Edited by richravizza
punch line sucks

I said, he didn't need the power or prestege, but of course,he revels in it.He idolizes American Leadership, unconventional, brash and unapologetic at times, with Trump it's  unapologetic all the time.

So what's the point of electing someone who doesn't need money and power when his sole concern in office is the accumuation of more money and power anyway? What's the difference? Why is it better to see a rich person trying to get richer than a normal person trying to get rich?

Obama wasn't a zillionaire and also a "fucking disaster'.Clintons rise to zillionaire status ended in gaffe.

So why make being rich a factor if both rich people and normal people can be disastrous presidents? How ironic that you want a president who will fight for 'the proles' but you don't trust a prole to do it - you'll only consider an east coast Ivy League trust fund billionare. When did you get so goddamn elitest?

We DID.

Lol, no come on. Seriously.

Really? That's funny,why was this thread created.Was it outrage on Trumps part?

This thread had nothing to do with Thanksgiving. Trump is the only person out there right now who appears to be outraged at Thanskgiving.

12 hours ago, richravizza said:

Ya the joke is on me,thanks for the laugh,Roxy.

But what a shit song,you should have typed me the lyrics.

The Musical composition seriouslly annoying.Try this

America was sick of Washington DC and its unelected bureaucracy.We wanted an Outsider,someone that didn't need the money,power and prestege the innerparty offers. Regardless of numerous and obvious moral defects.The consequences to great.We found the one that would finally fight for the American proles and outer party members.

Trumps strategy was pretty clear to me.The Washington Compost and yourself not.

So while you were so outraged at Thanksgiving.We had a chuckle and pondered the relivence.

A fight for American ideals and exceptionalism.A fighter that rises against the odds,disadvantaged by the Red competitor?ie.CHINA.

Consider yourself woke.

0bamas used social media, that mold had been broken years ago.

1 in 5 people at a dinner table got the tweet.

Sometimes its advantageous to have an unstable leader.

Our Republic will be fine.

Very well stated, accurate and to the point.

Kudos

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

I'm not in class,and besides you understood exacly what I was saying, regardless how horrendous my spelling and grammar.You know what the inner-party is, your the one that invoked Orwells ideas. So much for thoughtful discourse.

Actually,I didn't drink a drop.But, thanks for your Elitist assumptions about my family.

How about you don't disparage my family. In return,I won't disparge the worst President since Carter, as 0bama. Agreed?

You're getting closer. Now just leave out the hyphen and you'll be left with inner party

Yes, I can grasp your points but deciphering illiterate screeds is, quite frankly, boring. You're committing no crimes nor are you in school, as you pointed out, but illiteracy is not a virtue. If you were trying I'd be the first to give you a pass but you don't try. Instead you insist that I try to understand how you communicate. Sorry, man, you aren't speaking a foreign language so the obligation is not mine.

I'm not woke by a ninny President or his angry acolytes who think mocking is an adult thing to do. It is not. It is, in fact, dumb. Spelling former President Obama's name with a zero instead of an O is a childish thing to do, again and again and again, and is also an intentional disparagement. Worse, it isn't funny.

It was not my intent to disparage your family. It was my intent to disparage the sort of simple mindedness that might inspire someone to insult thoughtfulness with this stultifying nonsense:  “Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”  Deep down you must know that is a ridiculous thing to say.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It was not my intent to disparage your family. It was my intent to disparage the sort of simple mindedness that might inspire someone to insult thoughtfulness with this stultifying nonsense:  “Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”  Deep down you must know that is a ridiculous thing to say.

I don't know, there might be a few that are more likely to fool intellectuals. Regardless, the vast majority of stupid ideas are still far more likely to be believed by the uneducated, so I know who I'd rather go with. 

Another thing for the anti-intellectual right to consider - Trump constantly makes a big deal about his intelligence and education. Time and time again he claims to have the biggest intellect in any room he walks into, on any subject. So he's either a liar or everything the right claims to despise.

Edited by jakee

I don't hate anyone.Hate is quite a distasteful and dark place, simply because of political leanings.I think most are simply misguided.As is your outrage.

I said, he didn't need the power or prestege, but of course,he revels in it.He idolizes American Leadership, unconventional, brash and unapologetic at times, with Trump it's  unapologetic all the time.Get used to it.

Perhaps your reasonings for voting for him were quite shallow compared to mine.

"We got what was promised" Well Hell, that's a novel concept don't you think.Considering he's a "Con-man  snake oil, salesman. Some here would say, you should Lift your game.

You asked about my quip on the Berlin Wall,I think it would be lost here. I'll leave with this,We had a saying. Communism was so awesome that it made Germans build bad cars.

Outrage?

Try reading what I read instead of imagining stuff.

Firstly, I didn’t vote for Trump, I said that the idea of someone financing his own campaign resonated with me... that’s all. As it obviously did with you. But he didn’t. Doesn’t that bother you?

So that’s the majority of your post that’s utter nonsense. 

Second, I can ask questions without being ‘outraged’. I find the current climate of assuming that anyone who disagrees with you must be ‘outraged’ or ‘triggered’ or ‘woke’ or whatever other buzzword you use to be profoundly juvenile. I get that you think it’s funny if it were true - it’s just not real. No one here is ‘outraged’. You’re imagining it. It’s childish fantasy. 

Proper grown ups can actually discuss stuff without going into apoplexy. 

And finally in regard to answering my question on your thoughts of the Berlin Wall with  ‘it would be lost here’ - yeah. That shows exactly how much you know about it.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Lol, it was rambling nonsense and you know it. When did you guys become such sheep? 

Isn't that the truly frightening thing? I don't believe Ron was just offering a bit of kumbaya from a homey, I believe he's simply programmed to see, read and hear as he must. And, as he's shown time and again, he'll go to any length to make it come out right including arguing that you can not see the truth in one thing until you see the fallacy in another. We are living in a very weird world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Lol, it was rambling nonsense and you know it. When did you guys become such sheep? 

They are sheep, and proud of it.  

Mark 6:34 -- When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things

Zechariah 9:16 -- The LORD their God will save his people on that day as a shepherd saves his flock. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown

1 Peter 2:25 -- For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls

I prefer the late Christopher Hitchens take.  "Shepherds don't look after their flock because they love them; it's because they either want to fuck them or fleece them."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jakee said:

This thread had nothing to do with Thanksgiving. Trump is the only person out there right now who appears to be outraged at Thanskgiving.

We can agree on your first sentence. But ,you'd be wrong in the second.

Thanskgiving ?

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Another thing for the anti-intellectual right to consider

Orwells literary genius, reinterpreted.

9 hours ago, jakee said:

you want a president who will fight for 'the proles' but you don't trust a prole to do it - you'll only consider an east coast Ivy League trust fund billionare. When did you get so goddamn elitest?

A prole wouldn't be able to get the job done.It's like asking your barista to be the CEO of Starbucks, everyone would be jobless with in a year.I think there has been quite a few Ivy League Presidents, I don't see the any relevance.

We can agree on your first sentence. But ,you'd be wrong in the second.

But I'm not. Who else is out there ranting at a stadium audience about Thanksgiving?

Orwells literary genius, reinterpreted.

Orwells?

A prole wouldn't be able to get the job done.It's like asking your barista to be the CEO of Starbucks, everyone would be jobless with in a year.I think there has been quite a few Ivy League Presidents, I don't see the any relevance.

Of course you don't. You don't see any problem with spouting anti-intellectual quotes while supporting an Ivy League grad who caims to be the most intelligent guy in the world. You don't see any problem with complaining about elitism while claiming a billionaire heir is the only guy who can solve ordinary people's problems for them. That's just fine.

This is the concept Orwell was describing.Even if they are wrong."I know who I'd rather go with." 

Exactly - you'd rather go with the ones who are wrong much more of the time, with the justification that the other guys are wrong sometimes.

4 hours ago, yoink said:

Firstly, I didn’t vote for Trump, I said that the idea of someone financing his own campaign resonated with me... that’s all. As it obviously did with you. But he didn’t. Doesn’t that bother you?

Do you really believe a candidate in this day and age could self finance entirely and not recuperate any loss? Anyway,it wasn't  even a reason, I voted for him.So it doesn't bother me in the least.

My apology in thinking you voted for him.

4 hours ago, yoink said:

I find the current climate of assuming that anyone who disagrees with you must be ‘outraged’ or ‘triggered’ or ‘woke’ or whatever other buzzword you use to be profoundly juvenile. I get that you think it’s funny if it were true - it’s just not real. No one here is ‘outraged’. You’re imagining it. It’s childish fantasy. 

Objectively read the first Post in this thread, and tell me Outrage is not the correct adjective to describe "current climate". 

4 hours ago, yoink said:

And finally in regard to answering my question on your thoughts of the Berlin Wall with  ‘it would be lost here’ - yeah. That shows exactly how much you know about it.

I was there the four years leading up to the Walls demise.If you want to fill me in on the finer details, I'm all ears.   

1 minute ago, richravizza said:

Objectively read the first Post in this thread, and tell me Outrage is not the correct adjective to describe "current climate". 

Objectively look at the behavior of the POTUS and tell me that outrage is not the appropriate reaction. He is practically the definition of outrageous. Even if you favour many of his policies he is still outrageous.

15 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Do you really believe a candidate in this day and age could self finance entirely and not recuperate any loss?

For fucks sake dude, it's the goddamn Presidency of the United States of America not an Amway dealership or the Presidency of Zimbabwe. We don't expect or want our President to try to recuperate his losses by using the power of his office. This unbelievable horse shit is why I'm beginning to think you are hopeless. You probably think using congressionally approved military assistance money to extract personal gain from a friendly country while their soldiers are being killed by one of our main geopolitical adversaries is just business as usual and no big deal. Bottom line: our Prez is losing money at his hotels and golf courses so of course he needs to squeeze a few foreigners to get himself straight, right? See, fucking moron intellectuals are just wanking themselves over nothing again.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Bottom line: our Prez is losing money at his hotels and golf courses so of course he needs to squeeze a few foreigners to get himself straight, right? See, fucking moron intellectuals are just wanking themselves over nothing again.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist now.Using your superior writing skills you should write a book.Sounds exciting, it'll be full of intrigue and innuendo.I'll buy one.

Orwells quote didn't use fuck or moron, neither did I.

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”  Deep down you must know that is a ridiculous thing to say.

Not if the Intellectual, is wrong.History is full examples: Marxism and eugenics.Have faith in our Republic and our Constitution.If he brakes the law, sooner or later it will catch up to him.But crying wolf for three years now, isn't going to help your case or win over any more public support.Besides it's got to be terrible for your health.

Let's Agree.You were Played 

Do you really believe a candidate in this day and age could self finance entirely and not recuperate any loss? 

What do you mean 'recuperate any loss'? It's sounds like you've now gone from "we wanted a candidate who didn't need to make money from the office" to "I'm totally cool with my guy nakedly profiteering from the office because he spent money on his own campaign".

Anyway,it wasn't  even a reason, I voted for him.So it doesn't bother me in the least.

But it's another lie. Another bit of dishonesty building up. Ok, maybe you'll say "telling the truth wasn't a reason I voted for him" but at some point doesn't the sheer accumulation bother you?

2 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Not if the Intellectual, is wrong.History is full examples: Marxism and eugenics.Have faith in our Republic and our Constitution.If he brakes the law, sooner or later it will catch up to him.

He has broken the law. Impeachment is the legal mechanism by which it catches up to him.

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

Not if the Intellectual, is wrong.History is full examples: Marxism and eugenics.

You may not realize this, but the US led in eugenics until World War II came along - and then we didn't want to be identified with Germany's policies, so we quickly ditched all the work we had done.  In fact, Germany's eugenics program was inspired largely by the US's 'advances' in that area.

(Also worth noting that the GOP is continuing in the grand tradition of eugenics.  In 2014, Russel Pearce pushed forced sterilization of poor women on Medicaid.  He was the vice president of Arizona's Republican party.)

Have faith in our Republic and our Constitution.If he brakes the law, sooner or later it will catch up to him.

You may not have noticed this, but it is.  The very Constitution Trump disparages and calls "phony" provides a way to investigate him for his crimes.