gowlerk

Who is Skydive Spaceland?

I'm now curious. I'm sure most people in skydiving know the people behind the Spaceland DZs, of which there now seem to be 5. But I have no idea who they are other than the website for the group says that it is a family owned business. They must be doing something right to have such a growth rate. Are they famous top notch passionate skydivers, great aviation professionals, savvy business people, or all three? There must be an interesting story here.

I would like more info on this as well. I jumped at the Clewiston, FL location a year ago and everything seemed pretty good-Awesome Super Caravan, Good A-license training program (which I did there), etc. Their jump prices are a little high but they do offer an unlimited jump block for a year, which is good at all their locations...

They're business folks; long-time skydivers (yes, there's a former world champion in the mix) who run an aircraft business as well as a DZ, and have honed dropzone operation to a fairly fine science. I jumped at the Houston one until we left in 2015, and know the owners. If you visit Houston, you can meet them, too.

They're business people who happen to be dedicated skydivers (well, that and ex-skydivers), not skydivers running an operation on the side for fun. That means that the prices aren't the lowest, but yeah, the aircraft business means that their planes are always in good shape, and the pilots are qualified, and the student operation is run by qualified people. They don't like surprises, and surprises often seem to come from cutting corners. 

Wendy P.

• Like 1