shockwave74

new or old?

Those 4 ring risers remind me of Parachutes de France tandem gear. Geometry is a bit off, explaining the incomplete cutaway.

However, the harness rings are not from Parachutes de France. P. de F. or Strong Enterprises who both use a single large forged 3D ring (Wichard) to connect main risers to student shoulder hooks. 

The pair in your photo are actually two different pieces of hardware strapped together, but not strapped the same way as RWS/UPT or Eclipse. The exposed harness webbing is also missing from the Type 12 external buffer (to prevent abrasion when dragged across a packing mat). I suspect that this tandem rig was made in Eastern Europe.

The reserve ripcord is silver metal, in the same location as a Strong Dual Hawk ripcord. You are looking at it edge on. The loose end of the ripcord cable dangles just inboard of the shiny metal handle.

Edited by riggerrob
Add a sentence

22 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Those 4 ring risers remind me of Parachutes de France tandem gear. Geometry is a bit off, explaining the incomplete cutaway.

However, the harness rings are not from Parachutes de France. P. de F. or Strong Enterprises who both use a single large forged 3D ring (Wichard) to connect main risers to student shoulder hooks. 

The pair in your photo are actually two different pieces of hardware strapped together, but not strapped the same way as RWS/UPT or Eclipse. The exposed harness webbing is also missing from the Type 12 external buffer (to prevent abrasion when dragged across a packing mat). I suspect that this tandem rig was made in Eastern Europe.

The reserve ripcord is silver metal, in the same location as a Strong Dual Hawk ripcord. You are looking at it edge on. The loose end of the ripcord cable dangles just inboard of the shiny metal handle.

really thanks for reply ..I appreciate