piisfish

Dz with most tandems per day ?

On 11/20/2019 at 9:14 AM, piisfish said:

Anyone has an idea for the DZ who does most tandems per day ? Per year average?

Heard a number which sounded vastly exaggerated for Skydive Mexico with a regular 500 daily. 

The number is right and not exaggerated.

NZone in New Zealand used to hold the record with some 460 ish tandems per day if I remember right.
In 2017 we (I was one of the TI's) broke the record in Mexico with 467 on Saturday and 480 ish on Sunday (just before or after XMas) with 3 planes and 30 odd instructors.
At the same time one year later in 2018 they did 501 with 3 planes and 30 odd instructors.

On 1/28/2024 at 5:09 PM, Oli Vers said:

NZone in New Zealand used to hold the record with some 460 ish tandems per day if I remember right.
In 2017 we (I was one of the TI's) broke the record in Mexico with 467 on Saturday and 480 ish on Sunday (just before or after XMas) with 3 planes and 30 odd instructors.
At the same time one year later in 2018 they did 501 with 3 planes and 30 odd instructors.

Serious question, were you comfortable with the safety there when doing those numbers?

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Serious question, were you comfortable with the safety there when doing those numbers?

yes, absolutely. All very organized with jump-run, vertical separation and landings. We had signals with our feet to signal to other TI's who's going to land first etc.. Been there for 10 weeks and witnessed only one tandem cutaway which is nothing considering how many tandems we had done. At the same time there were sport jumpers and students which landed in a different field to keep the tandem area clear. Would go there again anytime!

8 hours ago, Oli Vers said:

yes, absolutely. All very organized with jump-run, vertical separation and landings. We had signals with our feet to signal to other TI's who's going to land first etc.. Been there for 10 weeks and witnessed only one tandem cutaway which is nothing considering how many tandems we had done. At the same time there were sport jumpers and students which landed in a different field to keep the tandem area clear. Would go there again anytime!

Thanks for the intel, much appreciated. I assume you're referring to Skydive Mex, yes? Same with NZone?

On 1/28/2024 at 11:09 PM, Oli Vers said:

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be punctual. Was rather asking for regular « average high ». 

500 a day is very impressive though. But how do they average over the year ? Even half of that number daily would be absolutely massive 

On 2/3/2024 at 9:04 AM, piisfish said:

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be punctual. Was rather asking for regular « average high ». 

500 a day is very impressive though. But how do they average over the year ? Even half of that number daily would be absolutely massive 

not sure what they do per year...the numbers i posted were for the weekends during holiday season around xmas. on weekdays it was rather slow. before covid NZone had 40+ instructors all year round, and that means something...

(edited)
1 hour ago, Oli Vers said:

Yes, Skydive México - Paracaidismo Tequesquitengo

Thanks again. So, Skydive Mexico jumps kids at 7 years old  and NZone jumps them at 6 years old. What percentage of the students are below 18 years old? Obviously jumping passengers that weigh 65 pounds makes for an easier day, is that part of the attraction for TI's? Also, at Skydive Mexico a 13K Tandem is +/- $110USD. Do you mind saying what the TI's make per jump?

I'm a US DZO, fyi.

Edited by JoeWeber

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Thanks again. So, Skydive Mexico jumps kids at 7 years old  and NZone jumps them at 6 years old. What percentage of the students are below 18 years old? Obviously jumping passengers that weigh 65 pounds makes for an easier day, is that part of the attraction for TI's? Also, at Skydive Mexico a 13K Tandem is +/- $110USD. Do you mind saying what the TI's make per jump?

I'm a US DZO, fyi.

Nobody want's to jump kids...it's horrible! But because it is legal here in nz and mexico, you get them every now and then. It is definitely not an attraction as TI and it certainly doesn't make the day easier.

I don't remember what he pay was in mexico 6/7 years ago but probably somewhere around 20 ish usd plus handy cam.

9 hours ago, Oli Vers said:

Nobody want's to jump kids...it's horrible! But because it is legal here in nz and mexico, you get them every now and then. It is definitely not an attraction as TI and it certainly doesn't make the day easier.

I don't remember what he pay was in mexico 6/7 years ago but probably somewhere around 20 ish usd plus handy cam.

Thank you kindly a third time for the insights and information, very much appreciated.