2 2
metalslug

Too many connections ?

On 5/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, Meso said:

... The issue is resolved after the mySQL server gets restarted, unfortunately we rely on our host to do that so there may be some delay. But we would like to get this resolved, of course.

It was down for quite a while on Friday, during the daytime in the US.

I fully understand that you are in a different time zone from the US, and maybe the host is too (don't know on that). I also understand that for either you or them to monitor the status of the site every minute of every day isn't realistic. 

Is there any way for a 'normal schmoe', or maybe a mod to alert the host that the server needs to be restarted?
I'd certainly be willing to shoot off a quick e-mail to let them know there's a problem if it's something that would get the site up sooner.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:24 AM, Administrator said:

At this point the only way for us to resolve it is to move the entire site to a different hosting provided, which is a bit of a pain. But we're looking into this now, as we do want to ensure there is no downtime from MySQL timeouts on the server side.

It will be a pain, but unfortunately it seems necessary

On 5/17/2021 at 6:24 AM, Administrator said:

Unfortunately we're unable to do any individual MySQL work. The hosting company that we use are in the process of transitioning to another company, and they do not offer the ability to setup Crons, nor do they allow one to adjust the max_connections to the MySQL server.

This seems strange to me.

Running your own server on AWS or the like would give you all the flexibility you want, though it would also require the most expertise. I feel like that shouldn't be necessary for a simple forum with little traffic, but here we are. If you want to go that route, I'm willing to help.