1 1
turtlespeed

Income inequality

24 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Bullshit. You're here to proselytize and, as you once posted, spread the good news of President Trump. That good news being who gives a rats ass if he's a philandering, narcissistic, self dealing, morally reprehensible, pathological liar and treasonous fool who is destroying the credibility of our nation tweet by ridiculous tweet and then off for some more golfing while China expands it's influence  in the South China Sea at the expense of our national security because we're getting our judges in the courthouse and Jesus back in the schools. Totally worth it!

I've heard some people say that Trump is a lot like the Old Testament God.

Given that God isn't ever imperfect, then he wasn't wrong to be as he is.

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I've heard some people say that Trump is a lot like the Old Testament God.

Given that God isn't ever imperfect, then he wasn't wrong to be as he is.

God used Balaam's donkey to speak to him. President Trump does not have to be perfect. He just needs to be open and willing. 

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

God used Balaam's donkey to speak to him. President Trump does not have to be perfect. He just needs to be open and willing. 

Very apt comparison. 

Unfortunately, it falls apart because I have yet to see Trump be open about anything, and the only thing he's willing to do is enrich himself. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Very apt comparison. 

Unfortunately, it falls apart because I have yet to see Trump be open about anything, and the only thing he's willing to do is enrich himself. 

WHAAAAAAT?  It doesn't fall apart that much - 

The Donkey thing is still holding up really well.9_9

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Is that why the new head evangelical speaks in tongues? This woman is crazy, who follows this shit?

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1191769474103427072?s=20

Paula White is a Charismatic which is very similar to Pentecostal. Sometimes referred to as Full Gospel. We speak in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. In my case mostly during prayer or praise. It is one of the nine gifts of the Spirit found in 1 Corinthians 12.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Paula White is a Charismatic which is very similar to Pentecostal. Sometimes referred to as Full Gospel. We speak in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. In my case mostly during prayer or praise. It is one of the nine gifts of the Spirit found in 1 Corinthians 12.

It's a load of crap, Ron. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So - I'm confused here - 

Is the book that says all this stuff supposed to be literal, or metaphorical, or conveniently both when the time suits it?

Yes.  We see that every day from Christians who choose to interpret it literally when it suits them, allegorically when it suits them, and completely disregard it when it suits them.  We see it in this forum, we see it in mega churches, we see it in the White House.

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

It's quite apparent that the only ones you're impressing at this point are those in your little rep whoring clique.xD

As opposed to you, who obviously is impressed by you co-religionist's "speaking in tongues" video?

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

It's quite apparent that the only ones you're impressing at this point are those in your little rep whoring clique.xD

Sure, if you like. And you just keep screaming "look at me, look at me!' and someday you'll get a cookie, too.

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Sure, if you like. And you just keep screaming "look at me, look at me!' and someday you'll get a cookie, too.

Coreece doesn’t seem to understand exactly when and why I push that little heart button. I can’t speak for everyone but in my case it’s not because I agree with something someone has said. That happens far too often. It’s almost always because It made me laugh. Joe gets more than his fair share of likes from me because he’s pretty witty and could be very funny at times.

• Like 2