1 1
kallend

Yet Another Mass Shooting

7 hours ago, kallend said:

So if we just banned AR-15s this never would have happened?  I'm confused (understandable as I am easy confused) but just what would have prevented this tragedy?  A ban on ARs, AKs, high capacity magazines, semi-autos, or a complete firearms ban and confiscation of all guns?  You seem to take potshots from the cheap seats, but you never engage in a substantive manner.  Eagerly awaiting your obfuscation.  

Just now, brenthutch said:

While we are at it, let's take away all weapons from the police and the military, then everyone would be safe.

Well, in England I believe the police don't usually carry firearms. Rather quaint and only possible because of gun control.

(edited)

Well then, lets expand that to the rest of the world.  Just think how less devastating war would be if no one had any weapons. 

You have fired my imagination.  I don't know why anyone else has ever thought of this before?!?!?!  Just get rid of all weapons and nobody would be killed.  It is brilliant in its simplicity!!!!

Edited by brenthutch

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You have fired my imagination.  I don't know why anyone else has ever thought of this before?!?!?!  Just get rid of all weapons and nobody would be killed.  It is brilliant in its simplicity!!!!

They may say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Well then, lets expand that to the rest of the world.  Just think how less devastating war would be if no one had any weapons. 

If you think you can defend yourself with a semi-auto in this day and age, let me introduce you to the nuclear weapons arsenal, rail guns, lasers, UAV's, and hell for that matter, target illuminators are practically photon beam weapons.

Anyway, good luck defending yourself from the oppressive governments you fear.

8 hours ago, normiss said:

If you think you can defend yourself with a semi-auto in this day and age, let me introduce you to the nuclear weapons arsenal, rail guns, lasers, UAV's, and hell for that matter, target illuminators are practically photon beam weapons.

Anyway, good luck defending yourself from the oppressive governments you fear.

One Serbian with a revolver brought down czarist Russia and Germany.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

How inspirational. I highly recommend that you don't try to replicate that feat with any part of you arsenal though. The only thing that will fall will be the House of Hutchinson.

18 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Well, in England I believe the police don't usually carry firearms. Rather quaint and only possible because of gun control.

The guy who committed the London Bridge knife attacked was subdued by someone with narwal tusk and someone else with a fire extinguisher.  It was such a game changer that a gun wasn't involved that they took him down literally with the closest shit hanging on the wall.

• Like 1

Over the weekend of 20 April, 2020, a madman killed 18 or more people in Nova Scotia. His pre-meditated rampage started with dressing like a cop and decorating his (civilian) car like an RCMP cruiser. He burned down at least two houses and killed at least one RCMP officer before police killed him at a gas station one he highway that passes Halifax International Airport.

Police and firefighters are still sifting through the rubble

of burnt-out houses.

Canada’s Maritime Provinces were always a few years behind California social trends, but this is ridiculous!

1 hour ago, riggerrob said:

Canada’s Maritime Provinces were always a few years behind California social trends, but this is ridiculous!

Give it ten years and republicans fleeing north to escape martial law; that won't even make the news any more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billvon said:

Give it ten years and republicans fleeing north to escape martial law; that won't even make the news any more.

Republicans don't like Canada. No carry laws, only 5 rounds in a mag for a AR-15, etc. Worse, open immigration of brown, black, Asian people and free medical care for all of them.

Then the killer ideology that buries Canada, multiculturalism! Glen Beck said it best "It's in your face, and if you don't like it, if you're offended by it, you're a racist," says Glenn Beck, who claims "Canada" is an attempt to "divide people." Is it Canada of which Glen beck is offended? No its the whole concept of multiculturalism.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Over the weekend of 20 April, 2020, a madman killed 18 or more people in Nova Scotia. His pre-meditated rampage started with dressing like a cop and decorating his (civilian) car like an RCMP cruiser. He burned down at least two houses and killed at least one RCMP officer before police killed him at a gas station one he highway that passes Halifax International Airport.

Police and firefighters are still sifting through the rubble

of burnt-out houses.

Sad day in Nova Scotia and Canada at large. Largest mass shooting in Canadian history.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:48 AM, brenthutch said:

One man let loose with a revolver killed tens of millions of people? Sounds like a good reason to ban handguns.

• Like 1