1 1
kallend

Yet Another Mass Shooting

22 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

There has never been a mass shooting in America because one has never occurred during Mass. Right Church, wrong pew Professor. 

By definition - any shooting involves mass.

The physics Proff knows this.

We should find out what the specific mass' of the bullets is(Are?).

(That's an awkward sentence) 

Still a mass shooting in Texas, but doesn’t appear to be college oriented. Not sure that counts as a win. I think the original report said it was a homecoming party, but that might not have been official. Someone got pissed off, killed the guy he wanted to, someone else, and sprayed bullets around to confuse the situation so he could get away. Or at least that’s my interpretation  

Wendy P. 

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Still a mass shooting in Texas, but doesn’t appear to be college oriented. Not sure that counts as a win. I think the original report said it was a homecoming party, but that might not have been official. Someone got pissed off, killed the guy he wanted to, someone else, and sprayed bullets around to confuse the situation so he could get away. Or at least that’s my interpretation  

Wendy P. 

That is a reasonable explanation - 

Why does the media have to sensationalize?

25 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

The news story I read appeared to make it as a location statement.

"near a Texas A&M campus in Greenville" - typical reporting to let readers/viewers know where something happens.

And if it was told to the reporters that it was a homecoming party, or that most of the guests were students, that’d be reportable. I live in a heavily college area; next town over, pretty much any party that gets out of hand is a UMass party. 

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, turtlespeed said:

Do you care so little for information being correct when given to the public?

That broadcast, and pretty much every other story out there, specifically says it was an off campus unofficial student party 15 or so miles from the campus. Which part of that information isn't correct?

It seems like the only thing they got wrong is the title of the Youtube video clip, but that's a pretty weak basis to use this tragic event as an excuse to launch into an attack on the credibility of the media. Just for once try to have a bit of integrity and class, yeah?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, normiss said:

we have failed as a society.

At this point I don't think there's any other way to look at it, nor should we.

For whatever reason this one just got to me.

Maybe the late Elijah Cummings was wrong about us. . .

Victim's daughter speaks out:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/daughter-of-deacon-shot-and-killed-during-church-service-speaks-out/2283486/

3 hours ago, normiss said:

When you have to carry concealed weapons, to church, America is failing it's citizenry.

We are showing the world we have failed as a society.

AmeriKKKa. Yay.

So did God not like the two people who were killed, was God asleep and not watching his flock, or did God send the gunman to kill them?

The preacher should be sacked as obviously prayer doesn’t work.

9 hours ago, ryoder said:

And that is why I am on the security team in my church. We have to harden our soft targets.