2 2
jimjumper

California Gun Idiocy

Can you have this in California?  It transforms from an oddly shaped collection of metal and plastic to a 31 round “freedom bean” launcher in twenty seconds, (just three if I leave the optic on the bottom rail and use the iron sights)

543275BA-9FBC-47AB-97B8-F5EE18D418AC.jpeg

3C0EA320-D85B-4D5A-8583-79DDE76C1A8B.jpeg

Edited by brenthutch

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Can you have this in California?  It transforms from an oddly shaped collection of metal and plastic to a 31 round “freedom bean” launcher in twenty seconds, (just three if I leave the optic on the bottom rail and use the iron sights)

543275BA-9FBC-47AB-97B8-F5EE18D418AC.jpeg

3C0EA320-D85B-4D5A-8583-79DDE76C1A8B.jpeg

nope

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Capitalism (and the 1st Amendment) at work.

I never said I had a problem with it, I just said it was ironic.  Don't you agree?

BTW if you ever have the opportunity to make it to State College (Penn State) look me up.  I will take you to the range for a day you will not forget. 

Edited by brenthutch

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I never said I had a problem with it, I just said it was ironic.  Don't you agree?

BTW if you ever have the opportunity to make it to State College (Penn State) look me up.  I will take you to the range for a day you will not forget. 

I've flown over Penn State a number of times but never landed there.

The department head of Engineering Science and Mechanics is a former student of mine (many many years ago) and more recently a former colleague.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, jimjumper said:

Effective 1 July, CA ammunition purchasers must pass a background check. It was intended to that an instant background check, at a $1 per purchase cost, based on the CA gun owners database would allow same time purchases. If an individual was not in the database a manual check would be done at a $19 cost and could take up to a week. 

So, of course, CA wasn't able to get it right! I tried to purchase ammo today and was denied since I am not in the CA system. No big deal, do the long check, get my ammo in week, right? Maybe. I just applied for the long check and discovered that the approval, even if granted, only applies to a single ammunition purchase! If you have not purchased a firearm in CA since 2014 you will not be in the database and an approval to purchase ammunition does NOT get you entered in the database. So each time I purchase ammo I will have to pay for a $19 background check irregardless of how much I buy. And what is the solution? Buy more guns! A gun purchase gets your background check info into the database and specific ammunition type sales are not matched to the weapon on file. I dropped my NRA membership years ago because I didn't agree with some of the things they were defending but this silliness has made me rethink my views on having a gun rights group represent me. By the way, I was only purchasing a single box (12 rounds) of .38 snake shot for pest control on my ranch. So far, my total is $14.50 for the rounds and $21 for the background check... 

Given that you've identified yourself as someone who kills things and doesn't eat them (yes, I assume A LOT) you already have made my shit list!  Not to get off on a tangent...

As someone who understands firearms and the need for them, I also understand the need for "gun control".  Controlling the ammo is the most successful way IMO to help mitigate the control point. I happen to live in PA where carrying a gun is almost a right of passage. So I don't know the struggles you left coasters deal with!  What is the deal with mail ordering ammo??? Reloading options??? 

Now about killing snakes...?  Live and let live. Because KARMA.   

Those questions I posed were answered by others on this thread. I stand by my stance however, of eating what you kill. No need to give excuses as to why you would do anything otherwise. Unless of course it's a large mammal with big teeth that has the sole intent of making you dinner. :)  

The snake shot is actually for rattlesnakes. Since 3 of my neighbors cleared land along the fence lines to illegally grow pot the snakes from those areas moved into my property. I shot 3 in the 3 years before the pot grows and then 5 this year. I can’t take a chance of my animals being bitten, it’s dangerous and expensive. Sorry, I don’t eat rattlesnake, they are a lot of work for not much meat.

21 hours ago, kallend said:

I've flown over Penn State a number of times but never landed there.

The department head of Engineering Science and Mechanics is a former student of mine (many many years ago) and more recently a former colleague.

One of our instructors/videographers works for that department as does one of our former pilots.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, BartsDaddy said:

I said this state is a joke.

Sooooo… move.  Nothing stopping you. Take that equity and run. I know of a great house in Montana that's for sale right now.  You'd probably end up with money in the bank.  Lucky you for buying in a state with ridiculously high property values. 

Personally, I'll be staying here (even with the current governor).  But then again, I reload and I don't mind waiting a few weeks for my next gun purchase.