brenthutch

Economics is a harsh mistress

On 10/26/2019 at 6:49 PM, billvon said:

A democrat is president - "when will people WAKE UP to the LIES and CRIME?"
A republican is president - "well, both sides do it.  No point in getting mad."

That depends on where you are politically, and which president you support.

Reverse D and R and the statement is just as true.

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I can't believe how many investigations, charges, convictions, prison sentences, firings, and illegal acts that Obama guy had during his 8 years.

Makes Trump look like a small but inconsequential bone spur.

/s

(edited)
10 minutes ago, normiss said:

I can't believe how many investigations, charges, convictions, prison sentences, firings, and illegal acts that Obama guy had during his 8 years.

Makes Trump look like a small but inconsequential bone spur.

/s

I guess the guys that you support are just better at not getting caught.

Edited by turtlespeed

Just now, turtlespeed said:

Or they simply had integrity, honesty, and decency. Those traits are entirely foreign to Trump.

I don't understand your refusal to face and accept the facts in front of you.

Some are generally honest; others are in deep. Look at the list of Congresscritters who have significantly increased their wealth while in office and you get an idea of who’s not looking to “Mr Smith Goes to Washington” for inspiration. Not all (#1 on the list married her wealth :D), but if it’s mostly “investments” then there’s a good chance connections have a lot to do with it.  After all, if you’re on a permanent campaign, maybe those campaign funds defray costs one might otherwise have to actually shell out money for!

but before we all get too riled up, most people like to “get away with it” for some things; whether it’s sneaking out after curfew, speeding, or skydiving against doctors orders, ummm... yeah  

wendy P. 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

How many more investigations into Hillary conducted with the direct oversight of her political rivals did you want to fall on their face.

Edited by DJL

18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You must believe he is the true antichrist.

Well that's not even a thing, so, no. I just think he's a criminal and very anti-American. He's putting more effort into destroying our democracy than he is to advance the nation in any way.

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Then, or now?

Are you asking because it was a waste of money or because they didn't investigate the right things?  She's clean.  She didn't orchestrate a deal with Uranium One, she didn't seek to compromise national security with her server, she didn't create the security situation in Benghazi.  I'll leave out the more salacious accusations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Not in reality.  But in the blogosphere, I can see why you would think both are just as true.

2 hours ago, DJL said:

Are you asking because it was a waste of money or because they didn't investigate the right things?  She's clean.  She didn't orchestrate a deal with Uranium One, she didn't seek to compromise national security with her server, she didn't create the security situation in Benghazi.  I'll leave out the more salacious accusations. 

You asked me this:(Bolding mine)

2 hours ago, DJL said:

How many more investigations into Hillary conducted with the direct oversight of her political rivals did you want to fall on their face.

Then, or now?

30 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You asked me this:(Bolding mine)

Then, or now?

Got it.  I don't think there's any now.  The latest inquiry was another stab at her servers and it fell on its face a few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

At this point, what difference does it really make anyway?

If the question is why someone would support Hillary Clinton then the answer is that despite decades of investigations into her run by her political opponents they've never found her guilty of wrong doing.  So, it's then not a matter of that person not being caught it's a matter of that person being exonerated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJL said:

If the question is why someone would support Hillary Clinton then the answer is that despite decades of investigations into her run by her political opponents they've never found her guilty of wrong doing.  So, it's then not a matter of that person not being caught it's a matter of that person being exonerated.

I don't disagree - 

15 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

What a stupid premise. They are so good they haven’t been caught, but you and half of America ‘knows’?

I might as well claim you’re a bigger serial killer than Ted Bundy, but you’re better at not being caught, and I’ll leave it to you to prove to us that you’re not.

Just give the whole Obama, Dems etc thing a break. Donald Trump is a piece of shit that makes the USA look like dumbfukingstan. Hate the dems, love the republicans but at least stay out of fairytale land.

10 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Just give the whole Obama, Dems etc thing a break. Donald Trump is a piece of shit that makes the USA look like dumbfukingstan. Hate the dems, love the republicans but at least stay out of fairytale land.

It's so freaking petty and small minded that it may as well be the same as hating the New England Patriots just because they win too often. America is just too well off and Americans have so much time on their hands to work on their hate. Life is boring without something to get worked up about.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:18 PM, turtlespeed said:

But, again, you only guess that because of your blind partisanship.

Trump was a known habitual criminal, cheat and liar as a businessman who has turned out to be exactly the same as President. There is absolutely no reason to assume that Obama was the same as Trump just because we know Trump is bad. 

It is a pernicious fallacy to argue that thinking both sides are equally bad all the time means you are neutral. In this case, it simply means you are a biased hypocrite intent on ignoring the evidence that is staring you in the face.

54 minutes ago, jakee said:

But, again, you only guess that because of your blind partisanship.

Trump was a known habitual criminal, cheat and liar as a businessman who has turned out to be exactly the same as President. There is absolutely no reason to assume that Obama was the same as Trump just because we know Trump is bad. 

It is a pernicious fallacy to argue that thinking both sides are equally bad all the time means you are neutral. In this case, it simply means you are a biased hypocrite intent on ignoring the evidence that is staring you in the face.

Hello Pot, I'm Kettle . . . Why are you calling me black?

• Like 1