1 1
JoeWeber

She's Back!

6 minutes ago, jakee said:

Why not? What has he done wrong?

I wouldn't say wrong, but he's a bit outdated.  I have no problem with his age, but his positions are too old.  Plus, he weirdly came unglued at Liz in the last debate and it was a really bad and telling optic: shouting down a woman in a fit of rage and then giving her the most meek compliment afterward.  I think that kind of treatment exacerbates his perception problem.  Ultimately, I think it might not just be a perception problem, but an actual problem.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Question, if the Clintons were to have had Chelsea in a position, given she was old enough, would you have brokered issue with that?  What about Malia Ann, or Sasha?

I'd bet a lot of money you would have been perfectly fine with any of those situations.

Yes you would, because you're a biased right wing hypocrite.

No-one here would be ok with that - which is frankly irrelevant because it never would have happened. The Clintons and the Obamas were politicians who know how ethics work. They never would have indulged in the rampant nepotism of the Trump administration. No President has ever induged in the rampant nepotism of the Trump administration. Remember, this is a guy who nominated his personal pilot to be chief of the FAA simply because he was a pilot who was his friend.

There has never been anything like this, and the more you defend and excuse it by saying what about, what about, what about with these made up scenarios that never did and never would exist, the more you demonstrate how much of a partisan hypocrite you are.

24 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

I wouldn't say wrong, but he's a bit outdated.  I have no problem with his age, but his positions are too old.  Plus, he weirdly came unglued at Liz in the last debate and it was a really bad and telling optic: shouting down a woman in a fit of rage and then giving her the most meek compliment afterward.  I think that kind of treatment exacerbates his perception problem.  Ultimately, I think it might not just be a perception problem, but an actual problem.

It would have been better if they could have hugged it out - or maybe he could have massaged her :D.

30 minutes ago, jakee said:

Yes you would, because you're a biased right wing hypocrite.

No-one here would be ok with that - which is frankly irrelevant because it never would have happened. The Clintons and the Obamas were politicians who know how ethics work. They never would have indulged in the rampant nepotism of the Trump administration. No President has ever induged in the rampant nepotism of the Trump administration. Remember, this is a guy who nominated his personal pilot to be chief of the FAA simply because he was a pilot who was his friend.

There has never been anything like this, and the more you defend and excuse it by saying what about, what about, what about with these made up scenarios that never did and never would exist, the more you demonstrate how much of a partisan hypocrite you are.

Just because I am in the middle of the spectrum it means I have to seem way far right from as far left as you are.

I just can't anymore.  I had to ignore Turtle.  It was so nice while he was on whatever sabbatical he took; I forgot how much of a troll he is.  I won't feed it anymore.  I backed him into a corner with the Biden thing and he simply moved on to trolling others because he has no substance to his remarks - it's simply spreading propaganda and trolling, plain and simple.  Join me in boycotting Trollspeed!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

I just can't anymore.  I had to ignore Turtle.  It was so nice while he was on whatever sabbatical he took; I forgot how much of a troll he is.  I won't feed it anymore.  I backed him into a corner with the Biden thing and he simply moved on to trolling others because he has no substance to his remarks - it's simply spreading propaganda and trolling, plain and simple.  Join me in boycotting Trollspeed!

Done.

• Like 1

Maybe I run in the reality sort of circles - but What Hunter did wasnt a job, it was a ceremonial position.

They might as well have been handing Joe the paycheck.  Hunter was hired to garner influence.

I secured a job for my daughter at the same company I work for.  They didn't hire her because of me, so much as they hired her because she could do the job.

I don't believe that there is a REAL position that needs to be filled in any energy company with the job description of "Needless figure head that gains us influence with the Americans"

This doesn't even get into China.

BUT  . . . since you mention it - 

Are you saying that you consider Ivanka's placement to be acceptable then?

ETA - Yep - Billy Beer will be forever etched on the most horrible memories section of my brain.

You keep referring to "job", yet he served on the board of directors didn't he?

Those are damn near polar opposites.

But you know this.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Done.

18 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

My effort to like that comment:

Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

I can't believe it has taken this long for all guys to do what I did months ago.:P

15 minutes ago, normiss said:

You keep referring to "job", yet he served on the board of directors didn't he?

Those are damn near polar opposites.

But you know this.

Intentional misunderstanding is a favorite tool of Trump supporters - as are later claims that you misinterpreted them.

"Black isn't black."

"Why do you claim that there are no black and whites, just shades of gray?  You used to claim the opposite."

"I didn't claim that, and I never said that, and no one really knows anyway.  And if you disagree you are a hypocrite."

15 minutes ago, normiss said:

My effort to like that comment:

Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today.

You know, the last thing I want to do is cause any problems, but as I think about it maybe if the mod's weren't vacuuming up likes there would be more for the working stiffs on SC. Why do the corner office types need Green Merits, anyway?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Just because I am in the middle of the spectrum it means I have to seem way far right from as far left as you are.

The absurdity of that statement is breathtaking. You don't get to prove you're middle of the road by saying what if what if what if Democrats were as bad as he is. That's how you prove you're too biased to accept the reality of the situation.

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

Intentional misunderstanding is a favorite tool of Trump supporters - as are later claims that you misinterpreted them.

"Black isn't black."

"Why do you claim that there are no black and whites, just shades of gray?  You used to claim the opposite."

"I didn't claim that, and I never said that, and no one really knows anyway.  And if you disagree you are a hypocrite."

It's called "Gaslighting" and it's a favorite tool of most manipulative narcissists. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

Why not? What has he done wrong?

Hunter's plum position getting 50K/month for being his father's son was not illegal. However, it is going to cost his father the nomination. Biden is dead in the water now. The smell is not going away. Unlike Rs, ethics matter a little bit to Ds.

Edited by gowlerk

I've found that by not engaging, I don't have to ignore by key; I even see rushmc's posts when they show up. But I haven't answered one (or generally read one) in a long, long, time. Just not worth my time.

But Turtle, you doubt from the right, from a place where (most likely, based on what I know about where you at least used to live) nearly everyone thinks that liberals are wrong unless proven right, and conservatives are right unless proven wrong. Lots of others here on DZ.com doubt from the left, as I generally do. One of my brothers is more liberal than I am, the other more conservative - but only the more conservative one could really be considered middle of the road, and maybe that's only because none of the three of us is as liberal as our parents.

Some folks just double down in all cases, like rushmc and that guy who posts incredibly long unreadable diatribes on the left. What looks like the middle of the road can be shaped by where all the people, or at least all the people you care about, are.

Kind of like how used to be done about minorities by just about any majority:  "I don't like grinches, but that Natter is a good guy."

Wendy P.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I've found that by not engaging, I don't have to ignore by key; I even see rushmc's posts when they show up. But I haven't answered one (or generally read one) in a long, long, time. Just not worth my time.

But Turtle, you doubt from the right, from a place where (most likely, based on what I know about where you at least used to live) nearly everyone thinks that liberals are wrong unless proven right, and conservatives are right unless proven wrong. Lots of others here on DZ.com doubt from the left, as I generally do. One of my brothers is more liberal than I am, the other more conservative - but only the more conservative one could really be considered middle of the road, and maybe that's only because none of the three of us is as liberal as our parents.

Some folks just double down in all cases, like rushmc and that guy who posts incredibly long unreadable diatribes on the left. What looks like the middle of the road can be shaped by where all the people, or at least all the people you care about, are.

Kind of like how used to be done about minorities by just about any majority:  "I don't like grinches, but that Natter is a good guy."

Wendy P.

I agree that I am more seated to right of center.  I have never disputed that. I also believe I am a LOT closer to the center now than I used to be.  I ALSO believe that I am a lot closer to center than most of the people that I argue against here.  I am certain that my views are no where near as far away from center as I am accused of.

Basically the mentality here is, "If you do not Despise, Hate and want to Destroy the current president - you MUST BE ALT RIGHT!!!

That is idiocy.  The same idiocy that I am accused of.

Its hypocrisy.

It's irony.

It's short sighted.

It's closed minded.

It's a really immature view.

If one cannot bring themselves to even consider ANY merits or ANY possibility of ANY good being done, or intended, then there is a serious lack of critical thinking.  That path leads to irrational thinking.

If you always look for the bad - you will always find what you are looking for.  (I found this out after examining why I was so against Obama in the past)

The same goes, as you look for the good in people.

Trump is not the deamon that everyone raises their blood-pressure up thinking about.  But I think that the ones that like their blood to be stirred have latched on to that as a catalyst. 

I believe that in so doing they have place a significantly sized set of blinders firmly on their head as they tow the cart that holds their true beliefs.

Trump isn't anything like a refined and polished politician.  I face palm at a LOT of what he does.  I wholly agree with little of what he tries to put in place, not to mention his methods.

BUT . . . I still believe that he is doing the best he can.  He's making mistakes (Some monumental ones <face palm> and those will cost him.  I do NOT believe that he is intentionally trying to bring this country down, and smite its inhabitants, as I read some people say this morning. (That is just ridiculous)  I don't believe that line of thinking any more than I believe that Obama was hell bent on the destruction, and dismantling of this nation. 

So there you have it - 

I don’t think he’s trying to bring the country down; I do think he’s an opportunist who subordinates everything, including the presidency, to “what’s in it for me?” 

And that’s unacceptable. I don’t think he’s trying to do the best for the country, I think he’s more interested in maintaining his ratings, and setting himself up for financial success after he leaves the presidency. There are people in his entourage who are totally not down with this, but since his vision is so focused on himself, he doesn’t try to coordinate them for the country, he’s too busy keeping himself up. 

Wendy P. 

13 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I don’t think he’s trying to bring the country down; I do think he’s an opportunist who subordinates everything, including the presidency, to “what’s in it for me?” 

And that’s unacceptable. I don’t think he’s trying to do the best for the country, I think he’s more interested in maintaining his ratings, and setting himself up for financial success after he leaves the presidency. There are people in his entourage who are totally not down with this, but since his vision is so focused on himself, he doesn’t try to coordinate them for the country, he’s too busy keeping himself up. 

Wendy P. 

Opportunism - Check

Self centered - Check

People in his entourage that don't follow his line - Check

Unacceptability - Check

Agreed on all parts - 

How do we change it with the least amount of unacceptable damage to the country?

Impeachment isn't the answer - 

Finding a better candidate is.

Lets do that.

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If one cannot bring themselves to even consider ANY merits or ANY possibility of ANY good being done, or intended, then there is a serious lack of critical thinking.  That path leads to irrational thinking.

If you always look for the bad - you will always find what you are looking for. 

But the irony there is that the thing you are being most taken to task for right now are baseless accusations of corruption against Joe Biden. Your actual, literal argument is that people are being naive if they don’t simply assume Joe Biden is corrupt. 

There’s your hypocrisy. There’s your idiocy. There’s your closed minded bias. There you are, actively looking for anything bad to believe about any democrat.

24 minutes ago, jakee said:

But the irony there is that the thing you are being most taken to task for right now are baseless accusations of corruption against Joe Biden. Your actual, literal argument is that people are being naive if they don’t simply assume Joe Biden is corrupt. 

There’s your hypocrisy. There’s your idiocy. There’s your closed minded bias. There you are, actively looking for anything bad to believe about any democrat.

Correct - Its called bias - 

Why is it that no one believes me when I admit to it?

The difference is - That I am actively working toward viewing both sides equally.

If one cannot bring themselves to even consider ANY merits or ANY possibility of ANY good being done, or intended, then there is a serious lack of critical thinking

Because with Trump there is incredibly little, if anything in his history that would suggest he does anything for anybody other than himself.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Correct - Its called bias - 

Why is it that no one believes me when I admit to it?

The difference is - That I am actively working toward viewing both sides equally.

Hang on so you now concede that the only reason you think Joe Biden is corrupt is your own bias? Great! Then if you want to be seen as viewing both sides equally it’s the easiest thing in the world. Apologise to everyone you called naive, and admit that there’s no evidence that Biden or Obama were involved in any Trump-like political corruption involving Ukraine.