Administrator

Bugs & Functionality Tracker

Just wanted to create this topic to help track suggestions and feedback in an easy and condensed manner. I believe in having transparency between user requests and the actions we take with them. In this thread, I will keep track of various suggestions and feedback and provide a status on it. Additional suggestions and feedback may be left as replies to this thread and will be included in the main topic / added to the tracking, so please feel free to provide feedback on any issues that aren't listed in the tracker.

In Progress 

Title: Add count of new posts inside of a category
Section: Forums
Description: Add a count icon / number with the amount of new replies inside of a category since a user's last visit to that category, displayed on the main forum page. 
Notes: This is something we do see value in, and want to bring back. It will require custom functionality to be built, we are trying to source assistance from developers, but can't give an ETA.

Title: Missing images from older threads
Description: Older threads which had image attachments/embeds are no longer show the images.
Notes: We're aware that images are missing from older threads and are investigating the cause and way to resolve.

Pending

Title: Classified Renewal Problem
Section: Classifieds
Description: Users are unable to renew ads on the classifieds and are required to re-submit the ad.
Notes: We have had to disable renewals due to an unknown error that causes renewed ads to become locked immediately after renewal. We have spoken to the developer and they are unable to resolve it for us. This will require some time as we need to look into upgrading our CMS platform to allow for a fix. We are looking into other methods of resolution.

Title: Search Functionality
Section: Sitewide
Description: Some search queries seem to not result in matching content. There is something off with the search that a few phrases may not return results. For instance, one may search "new york dropzone" and get results but when the quotations are removed it doesn't appear.
Notes: This is something we're aware of and have attempted to resolve in the past, but have had troubles in achieving that. We are offering referring back to this issue, trying to find new ways to resolve it.

Completed

Title: Mark Forums As Read
Description: No way to clear all forum threads as read.
Notes: We placed a button at the top of the forums page, next to the new topic button which allows logged in users to clear the notifications on a forum a "Mark All As Seen" essentially.

Title: Jump to first unread post
Description: There was no way for users to go directly to the first unread post of a thread.
Notes: Added an orange "unread" button which will link users directly to the first unread post for them in that thread.

Title: IN REPLY TO

Description: When gone for a few days; one can go to the "UNREAD" and be taken to the newest "to them" post. However, while reading, someone may reply to someone and you can scroll for pages trying to figure it out.  

With the old site I could see a list of topics to which I made a comment ..most recent activity to oldest.  Not topics I started and not a list of my posts, both of which are accessible now.  I referred to that list often and sometimes I made a random comment in an interesting topic just so it would appear in that list.  It was fairly easy to search for, and find, what I was looking for.  Don't know if that would be useful enough to anyone else.  Also, wolfriverjoe's suggestion about referring to post numbers was useful, as was showing the quotes and to whom within a thread that someone was responding.  That made following a thread more coherent. Oh, and the thing about the older pics/attachments, too.

8 hours ago, muff528 said:

With the old site I could see a list of topics to which I made a comment ..most recent activity to oldest.  Not topics I started and not a list of my posts, both of which are accessible now.  I referred to that list often and sometimes I made a random comment in an interesting topic just so it would appear in that list.  It was fairly easy to search for, and find, what I was looking for.  Don't know if that would be useful enough to anyone else.  Also, wolfriverjoe's suggestion about referring to post numbers was useful, as was showing the quotes and to whom within a thread that someone was responding.  That made following a thread more coherent. Oh, and the thing about the older pics/attachments, too.

Thanks for the feedback. We actually still have the functionality, where you can track custom streams of information. With the new system you're able to create a custom feed or use a generic feed such as content you posted or posted in. For the latter you can go here: https://www.dropzone.com/discover/content-started/ (It can be accessed under Activity on the menu under "more")

On that page you can select exactly what you want to see in the feed, by default it will show you all content that you've participated in. You can then also refine it to only show items you haven't seen yet, change the period of time you want to see and how you want it sorted.

Perhaps we should change the location of these features, because they were intended to be used as a core part of tracking items. But we have the activity area a bit hidden... There's a lot one can use the activity streams for in refining specific data.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Title: Post numbers

Description: The old system had numbers for each post. So someone could refer to 'post #25' when discussing a subject. The multi-quote function does make this a bit less necessary, but it would be nice to have back.

This was something easy enough to do. Post numbers will now show in the top right of posts.

7 hours ago, Administrator said:

Thanks for the feedback. We actually still have the functionality, where you can track custom streams of information. With the new system you're able to create a custom feed or use a generic feed such as content you posted or posted in. For the latter you can go here: https://www.dropzone.com/discover/content-started/ (It can be accessed under Activity on the menu under "more")

On that page you can select exactly what you want to see in the feed, by default it will show you all content that you've participated in. You can then also refine it to only show items you haven't seen yet, change the period of time you want to see and how you want it sorted.

Perhaps we should change the location of these features, because they were intended to be used as a core part of tracking items. But we have the activity area a bit hidden... There's a lot one can use the activity streams for in refining specific data.

Thanks, I'll give it a spin.